DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

On 8/10/2021 at 12:58 PM, Eoae said:

Far Cry 7 is rumored to be in development and is reportedly a live service game like Assassin's Creed Infinite.

I see myself playing fewer Ubi games in the future.  Then again, Ubisoft has a knack for making games I buy on day one then don't play for years, so maybe this is not a bad thing.  

I still haven't finished Assassin's Creed III.....on PS3. Ubisoft needs to stop making games so I can catch up.

13 hours ago, Eoae said:

Life is Strange Remastered Collection has been delayed until "early 2022".

Well the remastered collection trailer looked like absolute ass, so if they need 6 more months or whatever to do it properly, go ahead. While they're at it, secure a physical release for this as well plz and thank you.

10 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I still haven't finished Assassin's Creed III.....on PS3. Ubisoft needs to stop making games so I can catch up.

The good thing is that Ubi's games get really cheap.  I think I paid $5 for Far Cry 5 on PSN.

4 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

The good thing is that Ubi's games get really cheap.  I think I paid $5 for Far Cry 5 on PSN.

I learned my lesson when I pre-ordered one of the AC games - I wanna say one of the Ezio ones - and it was on sale for half-price like 2 weeks after release.  Never, ever pay anything near full-price for a Ubi game.

So, er, Abandoned - the PS5 game that definitely is not a Metal Gear or Silent Hills sequel and definitely does not involve Hideo Kojima or Konami - is again delayed.  After numerous delays and teases, the trailer was supposed to go live on a PS5 app and Youtube earlier this week.  Of course, it didn't and Blue Box hasn't offered much of an explanation except to say "working on it".

I don't think this is a secret Konami game.  If it were, the misdirection would be handled smarter and the people behind this would know better than to let it go on too long.  And this whole story has gone on wayyyy to long.  Blue Box well deserves whatever backlash they get.  

On the other hand, I don't really believe this is just an indie developer in over his head.  The head of the studio (whose initials just happen to be HK) has done a lot to lean into the Kojima/MGS theories.  Recently, Blue Box released a teaser image for the game - a pixelated head shot of a guy wearing an eye patch.  Yeah, I dunno why people think that's teasing MGS.

I really hope this smoke and mirrors are done with.  I'm been intrigued by this but now I'm just tired of it and annoyed.  If this is not a Kojima game, there's virtually no chance I'm going to give whatever it actually is even two seconds of my time.

I had no idea I wanted to play a remake of Myst in 2021, but a remake of Myst was announced yesterday and I am all in.

Myst (Remake) will be released for Xbox and PC on August 26.  It's a port of the version that was released as an exclusive for the Oculus, except the PC/Xbox editions will support both VR and your standard 2D television.

From what I remember, Cyan rebuilt Myst from the ground up for Oculus.  New art assets, new soundtrack, tweaked puzzles, etc.  Still Myst, but a modernized version of the game.

Saint's Row 2's code is apparently a complete nightmare so I'd be a little surprised if it's a remaster unless they went to the work to put everything into a brand new engine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Halo Infinite will not launch with campaign co-op or Forge mode

Campaign Co-Op will be added in "season 2" which is expected about 3 months after release

Forge will come in "season 3" - expected about 6 months after release

Still no release date

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Halo Infinite will not launch with campaign co-op or Forge mode

Campaign Co-Op will be added in "season 2" which is expected about 3 months after release

Forge will come in "season 3" - expected about 6 months after release

Still no release date

Honestly, Microsoft should delay the game again until all the features are ready.

This is Halo: MCC all over again.

I wanted to get a Xbox Series X just for Halo Infinite but I think I'm happy with my PS5 and Horizon: Forbidden West (whenever that may appear).

• Like 1

Regarding the Saints Row game

Volition has confirmed (via Twitter) that it is a brand new game. In fact - they don't plan on doing anymore remasters.

It does appear to be a reboot of the franchise