DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

As per usual - release dates are more of a moving target. This is just a sampling of the stuff that is coming out (theoretically) in 2021

Things With Specific Release Dates

• Hitman 3 - January 20
  • The Medium - January 28
  • Little Nightmares 2 - Feb 11
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury - Feb 12
  • Bravely Default 2 - Feb 26
  • It Takes Two - March 26
  • Monster Hunter Rise - March 26
  • Deathloop - May 21
  • Far Cry 6 - May 25*
  • Back 4 Blood - June 22

* - Date not confirmed but that is what a listing on the Microsoft store says

Things With Vague Dates

• LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Spring 2021 
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Spring 2021
  • Gran Turismo 7 - 1st Half of 2021
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 1st Half of 2021
  • Halo Infinite - Fall 2021
  • Battlefield - Holiday 2021
  • Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Late 2021
  • Horizon Forbidden West - 2nd Half of 2021

Things Labelled as Just 2021

• The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
  • GhostWire: Tokyo
  • God of War: Ragnarok
  • Gotham Knights
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Open Roads
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2

Got an email from Amazon today that Metroid Prime 4 is now scheduled for release on Dec. 31, 2022.  I'm assuming Amazon is just screwing with me, but that's what the email says.

Until I got the email, I had completely forgot I pre-ordered the game at one point (2017, I think).

Amazon just makes up dates for things. Try ordering The Winds of Winter, that's had something like 2000 release dates on Amazon.

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

Got an email from Amazon today that Metroid Prime 4 is now scheduled for release on Dec. 31, 2022.  I'm assuming Amazon is just screwing with me, but that's what the email says.

Until I got the email, I had completely forgot I pre-ordered the game at one point (2017, I think).

Dec. 31 is always a placeholder date. 

55 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

I'm looking forward to Horizon: Forbidden West, although I really need to beat Horizon: Zero Dawn first.

That's my most anticipated game thus far - actually not thinking we're gonna be getting a lot of other PS5 games for a while. My son's dying for Elden Ring, but that's his business. 

3 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I'm looking forward to Horizon: Forbidden West, although I really need to beat Horizon: Zero Dawn first.

We can finish it together as I am literally at the final battle and just haven't done it yet

Like I legit just have to sleep so the battle will start

So lazy....

I still need to platinum Horizon, but I've beaten it (and started the comic, which isn't tied to Forbidden West as far as I know but still). Easily my most anticipated game of the year.

• Like 1

It was... fine. It was probably because I started it after the game ended, and then didn't touch the game for almost a year, that I wasn't super high on it. I'd suggest doing it now, though. And trying to knock it out as quickly as possible before completing the main game. 

I loved HZD but haven't touched it since getting the Platinum, and that was before the DLC. Once I clean up some stuff started already, I'll dive back into the entire thing with NG+ and The Frozen Wilds. Looking forward to experiencing it all again, and this time with a PS5 and 65" screen. 

You want to do Frozen Wilds *after* finishing the main game proper, because the weapons you get in Frozen Wilds are OP as fuck against pretty much everything in the Vanilla game.  Like seriously, they even make Deathbringers a joke.

• Like 1

Yeah the weapons are seriously overpowered (but great), but within the story it doesn't make sense to play it after the final battle. I'm pretty sure it takes place smack dab in the middle of the game. BUT - the machines are much harder in the DLC, and depending on where you are in the game, you won't have as many dialogue options for certain things.

Plus a certain character you meet in the DLC will be with you at the final battle if you do it before the end game (but isn't needed for the trophy).

• Like 2

Speaking of HZD, my daughter wanted to start playing it and I had bought it from Best Buy for $8. She really liked it and drew some comparisons to Breath of the Wild. Then I started playing it and, man, I really regret not playing that when it first came out. It's a fucking fantastic game.

Honestly, the one thing I'm looking forward to at this point is Hitman 3, but I still need to get and beat Hitman 2. I'm kinda bummed because I beat Hitman on the PC, I want to play the remaining ones on the PS5, but then I heard that all of your decisions from Hitman 1 and 2 carry over to 3 so I'll be missing out on some stuff I assume.

Even then, I'm not rushing to get it. I took advantage of a ton of sales and this is my current list of games to play through that I bought in the last month: Cyberpunk, HZD, Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales, God of War, and AC: Valhalla. Of those, Valhalla looks like the longest game of the bunch. Cyberpunk may wind up going pretty fast if I mainline it, Miles Morales looks pretty short because with every mission I do the percentage played jumps by quite a bit, I may not even stick with God of War, and HZD may wind up as a game my daughter and I trade off here and there. So I may not be getting to Hitman 3 for awhile, but it at least looks awesome and by the time I buy it maybe it will be on sale for $40.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tromatagon said:

So SMT V just means 2021 for Japan and not for a translated version, right?

I guess - whatever is gonna be the version for the Switch that was originally promised as "early 2021" but nothing has been said since last July

On 1/7/2021 at 2:55 PM, RIPPA said:

I guess - whatever is gonna be the version for the Switch that was originally promised as "early 2021" but nothing has been said since last July

Probably coming out about the same time as that promised SMT: Nocturne revamp

On 1/9/2021 at 7:49 PM, Andrew POE! said:

So sometime this upcoming week will be Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: Complete Edition dropping.

Pretty sure the digital release is the 14th. Limited Run have the basic, Classic & KO editions up for pre-order on the 15th (for six weeks).

I don't even have a PS5 that'll let me play this on disc, but I'm looking at the KO edition.

ScottPilgrim_MockUp_Market_Banner_CE_PS4

• Like 1