DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Ray staring at Gary and completely deadpanning ''why would you put your cock in a foot?'' while not being at all surprised because, let's face it, it's Gary, was so good but then it being interrupted by a phone call for him to go do another job pretty much encapsulates the whole show.

EDIT - I like that this went onto a new page. People starting reading the thread from here might find the cock in foot thing with no context a little bit strange. I mean, it's strange anyway but horses for courses and all that. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 1

Has anyone watched the Friends reunion thing? I was going to, but I found out James Corden was in it, making everything about himself (like he always does).

Also, I never actually watched all of Friends. I watched the first, like, five or six seasons and never got around to watching the rest of it.

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

The ever popular James Cordon. Twat.

I mean, posturing as aggressively pro-vax is probably the most palatable I'll ever find Corden? Also, the entire framing of the issue in that article is wildly slanted and gross.

Please don't make me come down aggressively on Corden's side. I very much don't want to. 

• Like 7

Gary Cole is joining the cast of NCIS

While not replacing Mark Harmon - the speculation is that Cole will become Co-Lead (or something like that) as Harmon is looking to scale back his schedule

Harmon and David McCallum (who plays Ducky) are the only two people to appear in every single episode (so far) of NCIS which is about to do its 19th season

2 hours ago, driver said:

What service is it on? Nice to see Gareth Evans hasn't slowed down.

It's on AMC+.   I decided to pick it up since I already subscribe to Shudder.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Gary Cole is joining the cast of NCIS

While not replacing Mark Harmon - the speculation is that Cole will become Co-Lead (or something like that) as Harmon is looking to scale back his schedule

Harmon and David McCallum (who plays Ducky) are the only two people to appear in every single episode (so far) of NCIS which is about to do its 19th season

David MaCallum hasn't appeared in every episode.  He's probably been in the credits of every episode - he and Harmon are the only two cast members that have been with the show since the pilot - but MaCallum has scaled back his schedule in recent years and only appears in a handful of episodes each season.

10 hours ago, Eoae said:

David MaCallum hasn't appeared in every episode.  He's probably been in the credits of every episode - he and Harmon are the only two cast members that have been with the show since the pilot - but MaCallum has scaled back his schedule in recent years and only appears in a handful of episodes each season.

Okay that makes more sense because I was a little surprised too by that

But yeah - he and Harmon are the only ones listed for all 414 episodes (or whatever the exact number is)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Okay that makes more sense because I was a little surprised too by that

But yeah - he and Harmon are the only ones listed for all 414 episodes (or whatever the exact number is)

It's crazy that a spin-off from JAG(which was hysterical even though it wasn't supposed to be) ended up being the modern day Gunsmoke and also spun off more shows than All in the Family.

Dave has been awesome this season so far. I was laughing my ass off at yesterday's episode, or everything with Dave and Benny Blanco in particular. 

Mr. In Between has been really good as well. I was glad that they went back to an episode where it just explores Ray as a friend and father. Going to that reunion would be miserable if I didn't know anyone. And finding my daughter high on MDMA would probably send me into an even greater rage than Ray. His daughter's ex-boyfriend got off light.

55 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

It's crazy that a spin-off from JAG(which was hysterical even though it wasn't supposed to be) ended up being the modern day Gunsmoke and also spun off more shows than All in the Family.

Somewhat related to this - I didn't realize that Law & Order SVU has now run longer than the original SVU (both in number of seasons and in number of episodes)

22 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's on AMC+.   I decided to pick it up since I already subscribe to Shudder.

Added it myself. Real bargain.

Edited by driver
  • Like 1

Ok, who asked for this?  Raise your hand.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/supernatural-prequel-the-winchesters-john-mary-jensen-ackles-dean-winchester-danneel-the-cw-1234781239/

Basically, new show will focus on the Winchester's parents.  It's being developed by Jensen Ackles' production company and Ackles will produce and narrate.  Former Supernatural co-executive producer Robbie Thompson is also involved. 

Jared Padalecki is not only not involved, he's on Twitter claiming he learned of the show from the media and is gutted at Ackles and co. for not keeping him in the loop.  Naturally, instead of picking up a phone and calling the people's he's mad at, he's posting mean tweets for 100 million people to read.  Progress!  

If you're not all in by Ep1, you're definitely be in by Ep5.  Holy shit, guys.

I stalled at Ep6 to get some gaming done, but I will finish binging this week.

Edited by J.T.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Good, it's on Amazon Prime. I'll start watching it now that I finished Top Boy.

I'll probably start binging Top Boy once I am done with Gangs of London.

• Like 1