DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

They already greenlit a fourth season so it'll be coming back.

HOW?  This will be interesting.  I hope the Colin baby and the Nadya doll are in scenes together with the Baron riding the dog.

• Like 1

It's amazing how often I tell The Wife "A few guys on the Driver have been talking it up so I thought I'd give it a try". So when I decided to give Ted Lasso a try (finally) she asked what it was and how I heard about it because she is always trying to get me to watch shows with her and I kind of zone out halfway through the first episode of whatever she is trying to get me to watch. So when she asked about Mr. Lasso I said "It's about an American football coach hired to coach a professional soccer team in the UK" her response was "God, did  those nerds on that message board tell you to watch it?"

So good news boys, she has identified y'all as a group (also 3 episodes deep and I love  Ted Lasso)

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

It's amazing how often I tell The Wife "A few guys on the Driver have been talking it up so I thought I'd give it a try". So when I decided to give Ted Lasso a try (finally) she asked what it was and how I heard about because she is always trying to et me to watch showss with and I kind of zone out halfway thrlough the first episode of whatever she is trying to get me to watch. So when she asked about Mr. Lasso I said "It's about an American football coach hired to coach a professional soccer team in the UK" her response was "God, did  those nerds on that message board tell you to watch it?"

So good news boys, she has identified y'all as a group (also 3 episodes deep and I love  Ted Lasso)

James

alonzo-mourning.gif

• Like 1

So finished Season 1 of Ted Lasso and damn was it a perfect rainy Saturday binge. bingee every character given time to but teally think Keely stick out as my favorite as she was an underdog in a story about underdogs. 

I have to give myself a day or so before tackling S2, but so far this jas been damn fine TV

James

• Like 3

If Michael Keaton doesn’t win every eligible acting trophy for his performance in Dopesick I’ll be pissed. Not nearly as pissed as I am that the Sacklers and the rest of those responsible at Purdue Pharma haven’t been underneath a prison for the past two decades, but pissed nonetheless. 

• Like 2

Kendall is going to fuck this up so so so badly. Quite possibly the most overconfident character ever. 

And Shiv is such a piece of shit. She's more like Logan than the rest of them are. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, (BP) said:

If Michael Keaton doesn’t win every eligible acting trophy for his performance in Dopesick I’ll be pissed. Not nearly as pissed as I am that the Sacklers and the rest of those responsible at Purdue Pharma haven’t been underneath a prison for the past two decades, but pissed nonetheless. 

This post piqued my curiosity and now I'm pissed this thing isn't hitting Disney+ in Canada until the 12th. ? 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:16 PM, DEAN said:

I hope the Colin baby and the Nadya doll are in scenes together with the Baron riding the dog.

I have no idea what show you people are talking about, but I'm having fun imagining what kind of show this sentence could make sense for.

...the Baron in question is Von Raschke, right?

• Like 3

Been watching KIN on AMC+. It is really the most most generic of genric gangster stories BUT the cast is so killer that they elevate the material given. I mean, Charlie Cox, Aiden Gillen and Ciaran Hinds alone shoukd make you want in on this

James

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

Been watching KIN on AMC+. It is really the most most generic of genric gangster stories BUT the cast is so killer that they elevate the material given. I mean, Charlie Cox, Aiden Gillen and Ciaran Hinds alone shoukd make you want in on this

James

Finished it over the weekend and really liked it.

As a reminder for later, there was a guy named Thundercat that played with Jon Batiste on Colbert tonight who was jaw-dropping. He's a six-string bassist and singer who did some jazz-funk song and absolutely SHREDDED to the point I think he got a standing ovation. Apparently he worked with Kendrick Lamar and Mac Miller and (this is wild) Suicidal Tendencies. Anyway I'll try to remember to post the performance on Youtube when it shows up tomorrow, but try and check it out. 

EDIT: Okay this is him with Stay Human on the show before, and it is deeeep deeeep in the pocket. They are also clearly hype as hell to be playing with him. It shows some of his flash and his love of pedals/effects, but not as wild as this new song. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

As a reminder for later, there was a guy named Thundercat that played with Jon Batiste on Colbert tonight who was jaw-dropping. He's a six-string bassist and singer who did some jazz-funk song and absolutely SHREDDED to the point I think he got a standing ovation. Apparently he worked with Kendrick Lamar and Mac Miller and (this is wild) Suicidal Tendencies. Anyway I'll try to remember to post the performance on Youtube when it shows up tomorrow, but try and check it out. 

EDIT: Okay this is him with Stay Human on the show before, and it is deeeep deeeep in the pocket. They are also clearly hype as hell to be playing with him. It shows some of his flash and his love of pedals/effects, but not as wild as this new song. 

Thundercat had an album called "Drunk" that came out in 2017.  It got a lot of praise at the time.  I've heard some of it and really liked it. You should check it out. 

There's a song called "Show You the Way" that features both Michael McDonald AND Kenny Loggins!

• Like 3

On 11/4/2021 at 12:57 AM, Curt McGirt said:

He didn't just do some work for Suicidal Tendencies, he was a full fledged member for several years - his brother was a part-time member, as well (Ronald Bruner Jr). He's done session work with Erykah Badu, Flying Lotus, Kamasi Washington, Janelle Monáe, Dethklok...

Thundercat is fucking amazing, I'm happy you've discovered him!

• Like 2