DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because you said this - I looked and I hadn't realized new episodes had started.

Then I realized it was because it was when I was in hell.

Time to start poking around Youtube

I believe there are new episodes this week since Mark Chapman mentioned being on the show when did a cross-talk on radio this weekend when Richard Osman was on Fighting Talk before the football. 

45 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The Justified team is adapting City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit for FX. Olyphant is rumoured to reprise his role as Raylan. 

But Raylan isn't in that book.  I suppose they could right Raylan into it. . .Great read anyways

• Like 1

The main character of CITY PRIMEVAL, Raymond Cruz, is basically a proto-Raylan, so it would be pretty easy to swap Raylan in, if they wanted to go that route.

What’s weird about this whole endeavor is that they explicitly said that Michael Rappaport’s character in S5 of Justified, Daryl Crowe, was based on Clement Mansell, the villain of CITY PRIMEVAL, so this same creative team has basically already done this story once before. Not that I am complaining.

• Like 1

The Daily Show aired again for the first time in forever and it still didn't have a crowd and was just as dire as ever. I could do without another T**** impression long as I live at this point. Sadly, it goes the same for yet another Fauci appearance, but that isn't his fault. 

Meanwhile, Colbert is absolutely KILLING IT. As soon as the opening monologue is up I'm posting it. Then he did Trevor one better and skewered Giuliani without mentioning the name of the censored one at all. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man, Ted Lasso fucking wrecked me. Holy shit. Yeah, easily the heaviest Lasso episode.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Jamie's cunt dad
  • Jamie punching him
  • Roy hugging Jamie
  • Ted admitting his dad killed himself when he was 16
  • Whatever happened with Beard
  • And for happier tears, Rebecca and Sam getting together at the end

I don't know why I got a kick out of this, but I loved

Spoiler

Coach Beard manhandling Jaimie's asshole dad and throwing him out. Seeing how the episode ended, he was definitely working off some steam there.  The Sam/Rebecca thing is cute on the surface, but is going to end up being VERY problematic. She's doing something she blasts Rupert for(dating someone *much* younger), and moreso the boss->employee dynamic. You just know it's all going to come back to bite her on the ass because it's a Bill Lawrence show.

I don't know why I keep doing it to myself, but I keep watching The Handmaid's Tale. There used to be a YouTube channel called "Every Frame a Painting" (it's still there, just unused), and this show is "Every Episode a Red Wedding". But hell, it's still just expertly done. Such a contrast between this, which went so far beyond its source material, and Westworld, which couldn't even squirt out a second good season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will split Jeopardy hosting duties for the year. The producers are still searching for a permanent host. 

And LeVar Burton has basically told the producers to go fuck themselves.   Good. 

• Haha 2

I didn't know how well a Coach Beard focused episode of Ted Lasso would go. Hell I'm STILL not sure how I feel about it, but it wasn't boring, and it was borderline bizarre. Thought it was a nice little look at him, without losing the weird bit of mystery about him. Was hoping British Dave Batista would murder Jaime's asshole dad though.

42 minutes ago, colonial said:

Matthew Fox, who pretty much vanished into thin air back in 2015, is returning to showbiz by fronting a "limited event" series for Peacock ...

Well that's being in Bone Tomahawk will do to you

• Haha 1

I started Deadwood last weekend.

In my head canon, Seth Bullock is a distant relative of Raylan Givens.

EDIT: Oh, and I've been suggesting my parents shows to watch all this year. They've loved things like the Americans, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, etc. Didn't like the Leftovers, couldn't get into Justified for whatever reason... but they really like Succession. I'll call that a win.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3