DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

In what potentially could be his last movie, Cry Macho - directed and starring Clint Eastwood - has been given a Oct 22, 2021 release date

Nothing like taking 40 years to adapt a novel

Wrath of Man

Director: Guy Ritchie

Jason Statham, Josh Hartnett

Usual "trailer probably shows WAY too much" warning. Like I am pretty sure Post Malone's contribution to the movie is all in the trailer

Netflix has acquired the rights to the Knives Out franchise outbidding Apple and Amazon.

They are paying $450 million for the 2nd and 3rd movie in the franchise

The story doesn't mention if/when the first movie will move from Prime to Netflix

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was not.

I'm with you. It was alright. At least you could see the monsters this time - clearly enough to see them change sizes, LOL. 

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

I'm with you. It was alright. At least you could see the monsters this time - clearly enough to see them change sizes, LOL. 

The later two big fights were both a lot of fun, and the CGI was stunningly good most of the time. But holy hell the human characters and plots were so bad. At least it was almost twenty minutes shorter than KOTM, so there was less terrible human plot this time.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The later two big fights were both a lot of fun, and the CGI was stunningly good most of the time. But holy hell the human characters and plots were so bad. At least it was almost twenty minutes shorter than KOTM, so there was less terrible human plot this time.

Yeah, the human characters and plot are shockingly awful.  Good grief.  But, yeah, the monsters look great, the CGI was mostly really good and the fights were fun.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

There was something somewhat endearing about the Scooby-Doo Gang thing that Millie Bobby Brown / Bryan Tyree Henry / Julian Dennison had going on, but that side plot wasn't even close to connecting the dots between Godzilla:  KoTM and GvK and Apex Cybernetics has to be the most inept evil organization since COBRA.

There was a lot to like about GvK, but there was also a lot not to like.

There were also holes in the plot you could drive a truck through.

Spoiler

1. Where did / How did Apex get their hands on a Ghidorah skull? 

2. Did the skull come from the severed Ghidorah head that Alan Jonah found in Mexico at the end of G: KoTM?  if so, where the fuck is Alan Jonah?

3. We know about Kong, but where is the second Mothra egg that we learned about from the new clippings in the credits from G: KoTM? Where are the other surviving titans?  Why aren't they going Destroy All Monsters all over Mecha-Godzilla's ass?

4. If Skull Island is under Monarch control, how in the fuck did Apex get their hands on Skullcrawler eggs?

5. How in the fuck does Lind suddenly learn how to pilot a HEAV?

Those are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head from one viewing.  I am sure I could come up with more if I watched the movie a second time.

Edited by J.T.