DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I never imagined myself being attracted to Krieg but here we are

He played Viktor Drago in Creed II also has the role of Razor Fist in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.  

I may have to watch this dumb fucking Borderlands movie after all.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

"Your stepmom and I are so happy you're doing well at boarding school but we really must be going if we're going to catch our flight to St Moritz"

Bonus alternate joke:

"Hi, my husband and I saw you from across the bar and really like your look.  Are you in the lifestyle?"

• Like 3

On 2/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, RIPPA said:

Paramount has hired Edgar Wright to co-write and direct a new version of The Running Man

This isn't a remake of the Arnold movie but reportedly a "more faithful" adaptation of Stephen King's novel

I would actually watch that and I pray that it keeps the ending of the novella because it was 100% badass.

For the longest time, I refused to believe that King and Richard Bachman were one and the same.  Bachman's works all have outstanding endings!  Couldn't be the same guy. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Amazon has optioned a film version of Tom Clancy's Without Remorse and if everything goes well, the intended sequel will be (at last) a film version of Rainbow Six.

Michael B. Jordan will play John Clark.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Amazon has optioned a film version of Tom Clancy's Without Remorse and if everything goes well, the intended sequel will be (at last) a film version of Rainbow Six.

Michael B. Jordan will play John Clark.

JT, I hate to break this to you, but Without Remorse comes out in April. You can see a trailer for it in this thread.

Michael B. Jordan is playing John Kelly.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Hmm, not in this thread...Maybe it's in the TV thread. In any event, here you go:

I will forever love JT being our unfrozen caveman.

I am thinking that it might be a good idea for me to walk back into the glacier for another six months or so.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I am thinking that it might be a good idea for me to walk back into the glacier for another six months or so.

Don't! We need you here. Although, be happy that the movie is soon to be released on Prime. I'm hoping it's good. Michael B. Jordan is awesome and the movie was written by Taylor Sheridan. Sheridan has done some outstanding work and has written some of my favorite things over the last little bit. Sicario, Yellowstone, Hell of High Water, and Wind River are all anywhere from good (Wind River) to amazing (Sicario).

My love/hate relationship with the Borderlands movie continues with today being on the hate side

Haley Bennett (The Devil All the Time, Hillbilly Elegy) has been cast as a new character

Because, ya know, Borderlands didn't have enough characters. They needed to create more.

Side note - I missed Ariana Greenblatt (Love and Monsters, The One and Only Ivan) being cast as Tiny Tina

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

My love/hate relationship with the Borderlands movie continues with today being on the hate side

Haley Bennett (The Devil All the Time, Hillbilly Elegy) has been cast as a new character

Because, ya know, Borderlands didn't have enough characters. They needed to create more.

Side note - I missed Ariana Greenblatt (Love and Monsters, The One and Only Ivan) being cast as Tiny Tina

I imagine that Haley Bennett will be playing a new Siren character.

Ariana's a cute kid.  I hope her parents are okay with her dialogue.  If Tina doesn't drop f-bombs every other word, I will be disappointed.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Ariana's a cute kid.  I hope her parents are okay with her dialogue.  If Tina doesn't drop f-bombs every other word, I will be disappointed.

Yeah that is my concern

It is the one thing I am putting my faith in Eli Roth in

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah that is my concern

It is the one thing I am putting my faith in Eli Roth in

Some of Tina's B2 quotes like "Good plan?  Great Plan!" are still a part of my daily lexicon so if she isn't completely batshit insane and swearing like a sailor, I will be broken-hearted.

I guess the safest way to avoid elaborating on Tina's sexual preferences in the story is to hire a 13 year old kid and not addressing it entirely.

Edited by J.T.