DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Get your tissues ready. This is the trailer for Val that will be on Prime. Man, I had no idea he was doing this bad.

Edited by Craig H
  • Sad 2

ENCANTO

Starring Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and Ben Stiller

Music by Lin-Manuel Miranda

Directed by Jared Bush & Byron Howard (Zootopia

Premiers November 24

--

As a Colombian-American, I have no idea how I'm not going to make it through this movie without weeping tears.  Representation matters.  ??

• Like 7

On 7/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, Craig H said:

Get your tissues ready. This is the trailer for Val that will be on Prime. Man, I had no idea he was doing this bad.

His son Jack is who does the narration. He definitely sounds a lot like his father.

• Like 1

Turning Red

Next Pixar movie which is about a 13 year girl who turns into a red panda when she gets too excited

Now I am not dragging the Pixar thread up from a page or two back

On 7/13/2021 at 9:03 AM, RIPPA said:

Turning Red

Next Pixar movie which is about a 13 year girl who turns into a red panda when she gets too excited

Now I am not dragging the Pixar thread up from a page or two back

If she sang death metal karaoke I'd probably be into this.

• Like 1

New Jackass Forever trailer just released.

Not sure if anyone is a fan here but this show and movies were a massive part of my teenage years and probably shaped my sense of humour for life. I thought the last one had the perfect closure and didn’t need a fourth one but just the opening images of this trailer gave me crazy feels of nostalgia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, eikerir said:

New Jackass Forever trailer just released.

Not sure if anyone is a fan here but this show and movies were a massive part of my teenage years and probably shaped my sense of humour for life. I thought the last one had the perfect closure and didn’t need a fourth one but just the opening images of this trailer gave me crazy feels of nostalgia.

They released a clip last week of one of the guys literally "jumping the shark" on a wakeboard annnnnnnnd.......not making it.  And getting attacked.  The guy made it out with minimal damage but, not gonna lie, I was rooting for the shark.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Tabe said:

They released a clip last week of one of the guys literally "jumping the shark" on a wakeboard annnnnnnnd.......not making it.  And getting attacked.  The guy made it out with minimal damage but, not gonna lie, I was rooting for the shark.

He actually got a good piece chomped off his hand. Pic on Instagram:

*****GRAPHIC WARNING*****

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRNIJ11pZKs/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by eikerir

I'm not so sure yet. There's something off about it. Love Villeneuve, but the casting is just... too safe? Like of course it's Zendaya and of course it's Chalamet. Even Isaac and Brolin seem like safe but not the most exciting choices. Maybe I can be convinced before it comes out.

11 hours ago, Leonidas said:

I'm not so sure yet. There's something off about it. Love Villeneuve, but the casting is just... too safe? Like of course it's Zendaya and of course it's Chalamet. Even Isaac and Brolin seem like safe but not the most exciting choices. Maybe I can be convinced before it comes out.

it's really safe casting, but Dune has not had all that great of a history when it came to bringing the novel to movies or television.  I can understand being conservative with your casting choices.

I hope Zendaya likes being in sci fi films.  I'm kinda hoping she'll get the role of Molly Millions if Neuromancer can ever make it it out of dev hell.

• Like 2

I've never read the novel and am only slightly familiar with the older movie, so will I be completely baffled by this flick? The trailer seems weird as fuck and makes very little sense to me, I'm not sure if I should bother but I'm willing to be talked into it, especially after it comes out - if people like it.