DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Deep Water, which stars Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas, has been removed from its Jan 14, 2022 release date.

The erotic thriller directed by Adrian Lyne, of course, has been delayed three times now

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Directed by Daniels (aka Dan Kwan & Daniel Scheinert - who did Swiss Army Man)

Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, Stephanie Hsu, Jenny Slate, Harry Shum Jr., with James Hong and Jamie Lee Curtis

Apparently the character being played by Hsu was originally supposed to be played by Awkwafina but she couldn't do it because of scheduling conflicts

EDIT - it is debuting at SXSW in March

• Like 6

On 12/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, Mister TV said:

This is technically out since I saw it listed at the theatre I go to. Can we take bets on if it ends up on How Did This Get Made in a few years. 

LOL.  Man, I love JK Simmons and I have no doubt he'll just kill in every scene but this movie looks positively ridiculous.

Yeah, I'll watch it.

3 minutes ago, (BP) said:

That feels like a studio bought a Romancing the Stone reboot spec script and then all of their first choices for the leads passed on it. 

Funny you should say that. Go to 0:49 and you'll see a large poster/cover in the background that reads "Romancing the Page." They know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Except, where was Bjork?

Wasn't Bjork the crazy witch lady towards the front of the trailer - around the time the Dad was getting killed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Saw the Uncharted trailer in front of spider. Looked not bad. 

I would ask if it was a new one or the one from like a month ago but it seems like this is the first trailer you saw for the movie period so you wouldn't be able to tell the difference