DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

SCREAM (5)

Starring Neve Campbell, Jenna Ortega, Courtney Cox, Dylan Minnette, and David Arquette

Directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin & Tyler Gillett

--

Red flags all over the place with this...  not the least of which is the word "January" in the release date.

• Haha 1

That looks...unfortunate. "I'm Sidney Prescott, of course I have a gun" might be the most "Her dad is the district attorney" (if anyone remembers that old DVDVR meme) line ever.

Jack Quaid is in it too though. He's cool. But Scream itself is a movie that shouldn't or couldn't exist in an era with cell phones.

Whatever. Give me more shit like Halloween Kills where it looks like they've really turned the genre on its head by having the community go full mob on the killer.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Yeah,  people keep tweeting the link to Robin Williams's daughter thinking that she will approve of and endorse the performance, when all it does is re-traumatize her.

I also hate that anything viral is automatically cause to expand it into something bigger. Sometimes let a small, cool vanity thing be just that. The HBO Doc on Robin does a pretty good job of contextualizing a lot of it as does the last bio released on him. 

• Like 1

I thought Scream 4 was a huge improvement over 3. It has one of my favorite scenes in any of them when

Spoiler

Emma Roberts is revealed as the killer and proceeds to do the Jim Carrey self assault from Liar Liar. 

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is the one time I'll post without the title because... well, you'll see.

Premieres tomorrow (10/15) on Apple+

That's certainly intriguing. 

Being the Ricardos -- theaters in December, followed by Amazon Prime.

Nicole Kidman is Lucille Ball in Aaron Sorkin's Lucy and Desi flick. 

Not sure how good the film will be, but J.K. Simmons as William Frawley (Fred Mertz) is genius casting.

Edited by colonial
  • Like 2

The Lost Daughter

Written and Directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal

Starring Olivia Colman, Jessie Buckley, Dakota Johnson, Ed Harris, Peter Sarsgaard

It is getting that last minute theater release to make it Oscar eligible before hitting Netflix on Dec 31

7 hours ago, colonial said:

Being the Ricardos -- theaters in December, followed by Amazon Prime.

Nicole Kidman is Lucille Ball in Aaron Sorkin's Lucy and Desi flick. 

Not sure how good the film will be, but J.K. Simmons as William Frawley (Fred Mertz) is genius casting.

And Javier Bardem as Ricky. That is one amazing cast.

• Like 1

I am guessing it leaking online (though via shit quality) pushed them to release it a touch earlier than they planned (though it supposedly is airing in front of Dune)

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That movie looks fun as fuck even if the entire time watching the trailer I kept wanting to hear Nolan North's voice come out Tom Holland's mouth.

I'm still bummed it's not Fillion after that fan made video that was released a few years ago. 

• Like 3