DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Normally I would agree but in this case he was cast because they cast the folks from the musical

Ignoring the CGI issue - I wonder if the supposed all new Third act (which has been created for the movie) will do anything to appease folks issues with the original story

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Normally I would agree but in this case he was cast because they cast the folks from the musical

Ignoring the CGI issue - I wonder if the supposed all new Third act (which has been created for the movie) will do anything to appease folks issues with the original story

I know why they cast him... But he was 19ish when he originated the role.

8 years is a long time, and he's not someone that looks young for his age. Giving him the role just because of that is crazy. 

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

The movie of Everyone's Talking about Jamie is completely recast, but with the original cast of the stage version getting cameo roles. And that's like 7 years of them aging out of playing high schoolers.

• Like 1

Since this applies to all Disney movies not just Marvel - I will put it here

Shang-Chi has done so well at the box office that Disney announced that all remaining releases for this year will only release in theaters and will not be same day Disney+

Per Variety - Universal will be the home to Christopher Nolan's next movie, a drama about J. Robert Oppenheimer and the creation of the atomic bomb.

It is clear from the story that Nolan was so pissed at Warner Bros at the handling of Tenet (and in general for WB putting all the 2021 releases on HBO Max) that he ended the 19 year relationship

• Sad 1

The Humans

The Humans is written and directed by Stephen Karam, based on his acclaimed 2016 one-act Broadway play which won a Tony Award for Best Play. The film adaptation stars Oscar nominees Richard Jenkins (The Shape of Water), Steven Yeun (Minari), and June Squibb (Nebraska) along with Golden Globe nominees Amy Schumer (Trainwreck), and Beanie Feldstein (Booksmart). It will also star Jayne Houdyshell as she reprises her Tony-winning role as Deirdre Blake.

The Tragedy of Macbeth

Director: Joel Coen

Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand are Lord and Lady Macbeth

It will debut at the New York Film Festival this week. It is getting a Christmas Day release to make it Oscar eligible and then his Apple+ in mid-January

• Like 2

AMERICAN UNDERDOG: THE KURT WARNER STORY

Those Rams game uniforms look a tad off ... like football uniforms you'd buy at Five Below.

Mike Martz is apparently a cartoon supervillain, so if he doesn't spend time stealing candy from kids and tying people to train tracks in this film, I'll be disappointed.

Yeah, can't quite put a finger on it - maybe the yellow shoulder circles are too big? - but the uniforms are definitely off just a hair.

They also didn't quite go all-in on Brenda's hairdo either.

Definitely looks like a paint by numbers inspirational story complete with some fake scenes but I'll still buy a ticket.  

On 9/20/2021 at 11:04 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

That's a fill in the blank, mad lib sheet for a movie plot in some exec's office. 

Kate Winslet, a parakeet, and a coffee maker that gained sentience via lightning strike try to survive in a hotel where the rooms come to nightmarish life when vacant.

See, I can play, too!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Kate Winslet, a parakeet, and a coffee maker that gained sentience via lightning strike try to survive in a hotel where the rooms come to nightmarish life when vacant.

See, I can play, too!

Is this an A24 movie? It should be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Fantastic Beast: The Secrets of Dumbledore is the official title of the third Fantastic Beasts movie

New release date is April 15, 2022 (it has been moved up 3 months)

Dumbledore's secret is what annoyed so many conservative HP fans, right?