DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

David O Russell's MYSTERY~! project has added pretty much every person in Hollywood

Newest Additions

• Robert De Niro
  • Mike Myers
  • Timothy Olyphant
  • Michael Shannon
  • Chris Rock
  • Anya Taylor-Joy
  • Andrea Riseborough
  • Matthias Schoenaerts
  • Alessandro Nivola

They join

• Christian Bale
  • Margot Robbie
  • John David Washington
  • Michael B. Jordan
  • Rami Malek
  • Zoe Saldana

The photos are spread across a story which goes into story details so you might want to skip reading if you aren't interested in stuff that might be considered spoilers

• Like 3

On 1/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, RIPPA said:

Warner Brothers has worked out an agreement with Legendary Entertainment (aka gave them extra money to stop their bitching) and Godzilla vs. Kong will officially release in theaters and on HBO Max on May 21, 2021

They have decided "why wait?" and moved the release date up to March 26, 2021

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

"Hans Gruber origin story" is a license to print money!

If Alan Rickman was still alive, I'd be down for seeing a movie about him getting a classical education and building models. Simon takes him to get his first tailored suit for his birthday.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, speaking of young Hans Gruber, I'm surprised no one has tried to do young John McClain.

Define try?

Di Bonaventura also confirmed what Willis previously said in 2015 about the next chapter, that the story will “bounce back and forth” between present-day McClane and a younger McClane. “I don’t know how you do Die Hard without Bruce,” di Bonaventura said. “The idea that he’s not very significant in this movie is not accurate at all. We are gonna explore John McClane in his 20s. But just as prominent is the 60-year-old version.”

Die Hard: Year One was an earlier title treatment given to the project around the time Len Wiseman, the director behind Live Free or Die Hard, had first been in negotiations to direct.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/03/die-hard-6-title-mcclane/

• Haha 2

I didn't realize the Coming to America sequel had a trailer yet (coming to Amazon March 3)-

As tired as the trend of trying to bring back 80s movies/shows is, the original is a classic and Eddie Murphy was hilarious in the Dolemite biopic, so who knows this could get a couple of laughs.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

I didn't realize the Coming to America sequel had a trailer yet (coming to Amazon March 3)-

As tired as the trend of trying to bring back 80s movies/shows is, the original is a classic and Eddie Murphy was hilarious in the Dolemite biopic, so who knows this could get a couple of laughs.

Dolfan posted the trailer back on the 22nd.

I'm going to say there may not have been much discussion about it because it's PG-13 and doesn't look particularly good.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Regarding Wonka

Reportedly Warner Brothers top two choices to play the title character are either Tom Holland or Timothy Chalamet

These dudes are on goddamn speed dial. Christ. 

On 1/20/2021 at 2:06 PM, Craig H said:

I'm going to say there may not have been much discussion about it because it's PG-13 and doesn't look particularly good.

When I saw Kenya Barris was attached to this several months back, I was like "....alright then." Then, they casted Teyana Taylor and I was like, "you can at least try to make this good."

Looking at the casting of this film, I think what happened is they went all out in trying create a groundswell and get the younger black audience to come out to support this film. I mean someone like Teyana Taylor has a large support base among young black women online even though she's not really touted as being an actress or even as an music artist. That's super smart. 

At the same time in the era of covid-19, once you can't put this film out in theaters, you lose most if not all that effectiveness. I think there is a section of black people who saw the original who are going to support this no matter what. However, you're also dealing with people who are going to absolutely tear this apart if it stinks. It's a double edged sword. If this sucks as many people think, Amazon or whoever has the streaming rights is really going regrets purchasing those rights. If this was in theaters under normal circumstances, I think more people would take a chance on seeing it even if the word of mouth was bad.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 1:32 AM, HumanChessgame said:

If Alan Rickman was still alive, I'd be down for seeing a movie about him getting a classical education and building models. Simon takes him to get his first tailored suit for his birthday.

Yes please. I miss Alan Rickman. Rickman gave us two of the best villains of all time in Hans Gruber and the Sheriff of Nottingham. One of my favourite actors.

• Like 1

More delays from Sony (this came along with the No Time To Die delay)

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway - June 11, 2021 (Was Easter 2021)

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Nov 11, 2021 (Was June 2021)

Cinderella - July 16, 2021 (Was Feb 2021)

Uncharted - Feb 11, 2022 (Was July 2021)

Sony also sold the rights to the next Phil Lord and Christopher Miller movie, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, (was previously called Connected) to Netflix (No word on when Netflix will release it)

Now it's Disney's turn

The King's Man - delayed another 5 months to August 20, 2021

The Bob's Burgers movie has been removed completely from schedule (it was supposed to come out in April)

Ron's Gone Wrong - now Oct 22, 2021 (was April)

And the stuff under the Searchlight Banner

Antlers - now Oct 29, 2021

Nightmare Alley - Dec 3, 2021

The Night House - July 16, 2021

The Eyes of Tammy Faye - Sept 24, 2021

March 26th. Ugh, they made Kong the good guy and Godzilla the bad guy. I do not like that. Still gonna be the first dumb covid decision I will make in a year. I'm giving myself that. 

People are pointing out a screen cap from early on when they show Godzilla destroying stuff and saying it looks like Mechagodzilla. 

Edited by Jiji

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

March 26th. Ugh, they made Kong the good guy and Godzilla the bad guy. I do not like that.

I mean to be fair - Kong was the face in the original many moons ago

Now I say that not having seen any of these new movies so I don't know how they have been set up

• Like 1