DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

This is all true.

And I still stand by what I said.

I mean he’s 2/2 in sequels with literally 2 of the greatest sequels (and movies in general) of all time. I would not bet against.

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

I mean he’s 2/2 in sequels with literally 2 of the greatest sequels (and movies in general) of all time. I would not bet against.

Exactly.

It might suck, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to James Fucking Cameron until he proves me wrong

On 5/22/2021 at 7:41 AM, Raziel said:

Well, they're starting off with someone who's already really good at sword fighting. 

Or at least he was pretty good at taking direction from the awesome fight coordinator hired for The Witcher.

I'm just pleased they got a UK actor to play Duncan this time around.  Lambert's king sized Duncan MacLeod single handedly established the tropes about badass longcoats and magical katanas, but a French accent coming out of the mouth of someone allegedly from Scotland was very disjointing.

Whomever they get to play The Kurgan had better be as good at handling a sword as Clancy Brown did.  Candy vs. Kurgan is still one of my favorite movie montages.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Or at least he was pretty good at taking direction from the awesome fight coordinator hired for The Witcher.

I'm just pleased they got a UK actor to play Duncan this time around.  Lambert's king sized Duncan MacLeod single handedly established the tropes about badass longcoats and magical katanas, but a French accent coming out of the mouth of someone allegedly from Scotland was very disjointing.

Whomever they get to play The Kurgan had better be as good at handling a sword as Clancy Brown did.  Candy vs. Kurgan is still one of my favorite movie montages.

Lambert was Connor.  Adrian Paul was Duncan in the TV show.

Just correcting, not taking a shot.

Edited by Raziel
  • Haha 2

Kevin Spacey will return to film with a cameo in a Franco Nero picture where he'll play a detective investigating a man wrongly accused of sexually abusing children. 

One would imagine he signed on to this for the sole purpose of making people scream "what the fuck do you think you're doing." 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Lambert was Connor.  Adrian Paul was Duncan in the TV show.

Just correcting, not taking a shot.

I was wondering who would catch my errant typo.  I thought about editing it, but where would be the fun in not leaving it up for joke fodder?

I know you're not taking a shot, Raziel.  You are a good dude.  I am totally cool with being laughed at as long as you are also laughing with me as well.

44 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

You have a Spaniard named Ramirez with a Scottish accent. ?

Ramirez was an Egyptian by way of Japan posing as a Spaniard but yeah, he still had a Scottish accent.

The Kurgan knew Ramirez for a long time so I always wondered why he bothered to keep up the charade and refer to Ramirez by his adopted Spanish name and not his Egyptian birth name.

Edited by J.T.

At least it was an original if stupid concept.  Every time I think that Highlander 2 was the worst sequel ever made, I remind myself of shit like Staying Alive, Superman III and IV (The Quest for Peace), Return to the Blue Lagoon, and Jaws: The Revenge.

• Like 1

So they made no attempts at all to age Sully

I mean I know it is an "origin" story but it get from how Wahlberg looks to have Sully looks in the games... that is some hard living

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My reaction can best be summed by this video: 

A fucking prequel?   I'd like to get my Great Glass Elevator sequel before I fucking die.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, AxB said:

The start of Uncharted 2 is a prequel where Nathan and Sully look like this:

I am aware and Sully looks like Nathan's Dad as opposed to his brother.

Young Nathan in the game is younger than Tom Holland in the movie. So shrinking the age gap even more is... weird

The Tomorrow War

Chris Pratt, J.K. Simmons, Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin

Directed by Chris McKay.... which this seems way different than Robot Chicken and the Lego Batman Movie