DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Isn't the whole point of The Iron Giant that it refuses to be a weapon? Because between this and Ready Player One...

Well the big bad of the Borderlands movie is now known

Atlas moves from being an evil corporation to being an evil person. Edgar Ramirez (The Undoing, American Crime Story) has been cast in the role

Also based on the official synopsis of the movie - it appears that Mordecai didn't make the cut (guess they decided to move Kreig up a game instead)

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well the big bad of the Borderlands movie is now known

Atlas moves from being an evil corporation to being an evil person. Edgar Ramirez (The Undoing, American Crime Story) has been cast in the role

Also based on the official synopsis of the movie - it appears that Mordecai didn't make the cut (guess they decided to move Kreig up a game instead)

I don't see any casting for Brick either, so I am guessing that Krieg will pull double duty filling in for him and Mordecai.

I am back to skipping this stupid fucking movie.

So, we know:

1. They've learned the wrong lessons from The Mandalorian

2. There will be product placement everywhere in this movie

3. The producers are about to become trillionaires off Mini Puffs merchandise. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There was product placement all over that reveal.  Baskin Robbins apparently ponied up the $$$$$$$.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, we know:

Looks like that one episode of Doctor Who where people's fat literally walked off their bodies in the middle of the night.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, we know:

If the Minions were marshmallows. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Woman in the Window

Hey! This movie is finally coming out

Well, this had me at "Amy Adams" but it looks good, too. 

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

Well, this had me at "Amy Adams" but it looks good, too. 

Just in case you are not familiar - this move has a loooonnnnggggg "troubled" production history so Amy Adams might not be able to save it (heck it is possible she was part of the problem)

Those Who Wish Me Dead

Director: Taylor Sheridan (Wind River)

Angelina Jolie and a ton of people playing either good or bad cop (I know I saw Nicholas Hoult, Tyler Perry and Jon Bernthal)

The trailer/movie went in a completely different direction than I thought it was going

Also of note:

Top Gun Maverick moves from July 2 to November 19.

Mission: Impossible 7 will now be May 27, 2022 (Memorial Day) 

Mission: Impossible 8 will now be July 7, 2023

The Forever Purge (ugh enough) moves up to July 2. 

Jackass (fucks sake...) will move to October 22 from September 3. 

The untitled Bee Gees biopic directed by Kenneth Branagh will debut on November 4, 2022 (it's up against a live action Disney movie and The Flash

--

Top Gun 2 is now up against a Will Smith movie (King Richard). 

MI7 is now in direct competition with a live action Disney movie and John Wick 4.  

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just in case you are not familiar - this move has a loooonnnnggggg "troubled" production history so Amy Adams might not be able to save it (heck it is possible she was part of the problem)

Would hardly be the first terrible movie of hers that I've seen - a certain movie where she talks to aliens that communicate with mahjongg symbols comes to mind...

Yeah Jackass 4 (AKA The Geriatric Files) has been in the works for awhile, surely the pandemic kneecapped them. I guess if it keeps Bam off the liquor and Steve O off the streets it's a good thing.

It looks like the studios are all deciding to press super hard on the gas for every Member Berry franchise they have to make up for lost money.

Edited by Curt McGirt

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

MI7 is now in direct competition with a live action Disney movie and John Wick 4.  

FWIW John Wick 4 just started filming in Berlin this past week.

Two movies had their release dates moved up

Snake Eyes (The GI Joe Spinoff) will now come out July 23, 2021 (Was Oct 22)

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway will now come out June 18 (was July 2)

Jesus fucking Christ

During a January 2021 podcast interview, Bam Margera indicated that Paramount regards him as a liability, owing to his behavior over the last few years. He indicated that Jeff Tremaine had fought with the studio to keep Margera in the film but Margera still wasn't certain that Paramount was going to allow him to partake in filming of the movie.[3] On February 11, 2021, Margera posted several videos to his Instagram account, in which he admitted to breaking his sobriety and claimed that he had been officially fired from the filming of Jackass 4.[4] Throughout the video, Margera could be seen crying, vomiting, and alluding to having looked up "how to tie a noose" before his move to Oceanside, California. Margera alleged that Paramount had been forcing him to take antidepressants, submit to random urine tests, and to check in to two different rehabilitation facilities using his own money. He also expressed disdain for Jeff Tremaine, Johnny Knoxville, and Spike Jonze before asking his fans to boycott the film. He then solicited his followers to send him money in order to film his own movie to compete with Jackass 4. The videos were removed from Margera's Instagram account soon after being posted.[5][4]

I had no idea about any of that. I only really knew about Bam's shit because of the Epicly Later'd series about skateboarders that Vice aired. That's... that's bad.

and on top of that 

Principal photography commenced on December 14, 2020.[6] On December 15, 2020, Johnny Knoxville and Steve-O were hospitalized due to on-set injuries.[7][8]