DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Zach Snyder's doing King Arthur. Guy Ritchie already did a really, really bad King Arthur.

Has there been anything but a really, really bad King Arthur since Excalibur?  

And I don't see Snyder breaking that trend either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I loved that movie. 

As a movie about Roman Britons facing off against the Anglo-Saxon invasion, it's a good movie. As a movie about King Arthur, it's a bit Un-Arthurian.

In September 2020, it was announced that a prequel film and an anime-style television series are in development to expand the franchise.[14] The anime will be titled Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas and will center around some of the characters from Army of the Dead during the early phases of the zombie outbreak. Matthias Schweighöfer will star in, and direct the prequel film,[15] which began development in October 2020.[16]

Boy they are really hoping this does Walking Dead business. I think it's a bit early for that.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, RIPPA said:

Paramount has hired Edgar Wright to co-write and direct a new version of The Running Man

This isn't a remake of the Arnold movie but reportedly a "more faithful" adaptation of Stephen King's novel

Are we far enough removed from 2001 that we can keep the novella's ending where the protagonist crashes a plane into a skyscraper?

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Are we far enough removed from 2001 that we can keep the novella's ending where the protagonist crashes a plane into a skyscraper?

I mean considering that a movie, less than a decade later, used actual 9/11 as its climax... yes

Will people like it? That is a different story.

• Like 2

I think The Running Man is the only Bachman Book (from the original four) that I haven't read. Coincidentally I looked up the OG softcover Bachman Books (with the permanently out of print Rage) and let's just say I should have grabbed the $8 copy I could have at the mall as a kid when I had the chance. 

On 2/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, RIPPA said:

This is big enough to be beyond the Horror thread

Zack Snyder announced that Army of the Dead will hit Netflix on May 21

Teaser trailer on Thursday

And here is said teaser

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

All in on Army of the Dead. Hilarious concept. Reminds me of that movie where there's a big rain storm and they are trying to do a heist while everything is flooding.

I am assuming you are talking Hard Rain (Christian Slater from the late 90s) and not Hurricane Heist (CGI fest from a few years back)

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I can't get around the idea that a zombie outbreak is happening, and these people are stealing money.

Yeah - I mean I am guessing there is gonna be some sort of kayfabe ham fisted explanation but still (My guess is that said zombie outbreak has been contained to Vegas and/or the state of Nevada)

I mean at least with the aforementioned water movies - it isn't like society has broken down in them so acquiring funds makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I can't get around the idea that a zombie outbreak is happening, and these people are stealing money.

Yes. That part in particular seems pretty dumb. It's also Zack Snyder, so I'm not expecting much.

Honestly, all that trailer did for me was make me wish that someone had turned Dead Rising into a movie and we could get Frank West on the big screen.

Speaking of video game adaptations in a post apocalyptic world

Rawson Marshall Thurber is replacing David Leitch as director of the Netflix adaptation of The Division

Leitch had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts with Bullet Train

As a reminder - Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain are supposed to star but that was also two years ago so who the fuck knows