DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Just now, Mister TV said:

They should throw everyone a curve ball and have it be how the cop(can't remember which one it was) and his family dealt with the psychological implications of that whole ordeal. No action at all, not even in flashback form!

I mean, he may have been a terrorist but Castor Troy was way more present as a husband and father than Sean Archer was.  I bet they had some wild family therapy sessions after that.

• Like 1

I am not digging up the thread (especially since it is 4 pages back and only 2 pages) but Paramount has changed its mind about filming Mission Impossible 8 immediately after MI7 finishes production

It is the combo of the pandemic and Tom Cruise's schedule

Since Cruise needs to do promotional stuff for Top Gun Maverick - Paramount will wait till he is finished with that before filming 8 (Maverick is coming out - for now - 4th of July weekend this year)

7 is still - at this moment - scheduled to be released on Nov 19, 2022

Speaking of Paramount - they have acquired the rights to The King and I (the musical version)

Paramount believes that the project will be a great opportunity to reimagine the classic story and bring in its much-needed diversity that previous adaptations have lacked.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2021 at 12:48 PM, RIPPA said:

Adam Wingard (Godzilla vs Kong, The Guest) has been tapped to co-write and direct the sequel to Face/Off

That's right - what was originally supposed to be a reboot or remake is, according to Wingard himself, a direct sequel

Adam Wingard is known for pulling off miracles, but I don't see how even he can justify or make sense of a direct sequel since the Troys are both dead and Sean Archer's family is likely to kill him if he signs up for that surgery again.

I will only accept a reboot if they bring back Castor Troy's customized Springfield M911's.

face-off_guns.jpg

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Adam Wingard is known for pulling off miracles, but I don't see how even he can justify or make sense of a direct sequel since the Troys are both dead and Sean Archer's family is likely to kill him if he signs up for that surgery again.

Easy, some new terrorist killed Archer's family, and then...

maxresdefault.jpg

21 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

At first glance at that poster, I thought we were getting another Sin City sequel.

And after watching the trailer, I thought we were getting another Birds of Prey movie.

Maybe I'm weird, but a Cruella movie seems a little bizarre. Trying to humanize or backstory a character who wants to slaughter dogs and use their skin to make coats is just a little fucked up.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That has all the movie posters included one of the new character "Cole Young" who is described as a "washed up MMA fighter"

Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion?  Tadanobu Asano as Raiden?  Joe Taslim as Sub-Zero? Ludi Lin as Liu Kang?

I'm all in, guys.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

And after watching the trailer, I thought we were getting another Birds of Prey movie.

Maybe I'm weird, but a Cruella movie seems a little bizarre. Trying to humanize or backstory a character who wants to slaughter dogs and use their skin to make coats is just a little fucked up.

It's only worthwhile if it features a cover of "See My Vest" and even that is pushing it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

It's only worthwhile if it features a cover of "See My Vest" and even that is pushing it

Hell yeah. I can recite those lyrics even now. I'd say it's the best song in Simpsons history. Honourable mention to all the songs in the Mary Poppins episode and "We put the spring in Springfield".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hell yeah. I can recite those lyrics even now. I'd say it's the best song in Simpsons history. Honourable mention to all the songs in the Mary Poppins episode and "We put the spring in Springfield".

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm still partial to the Planet of the Apes musical, We Do, or The Monorail Song...

See My Vest, We Do, Planet of the Apes, Happy Birthday Lisa, & We put the spring in Springfield are my favorites and the ones whose lyrics pop up in my head most randomly.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Paramount has hired Edgar Wright to co-write and direct a new version of The Running Man

This isn't a remake of the Arnold movie but reportedly a "more faithful" adaptation of Stephen King's novel