DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

I have no idea when it was actually taped, but Soberano Jr. Vs. Virus is at 33:19.  It's so nice to see two CMLL luchadors who seem to just enjoy wrestling and are legitimately putting in the effort.  I wish that were always the case with CMLL.  Not the greatest match, but certainly worth a watch.  I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch as I think there's certainly more these two could do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Evil Otto said:

I have no idea when it was actually taped, but Soberano Jr. Vs. Virus is at 33:19.  It's so nice to see two CMLL luchadors who seem to just enjoy wrestling and are legitimately putting in the effort.  I wish that were always the case with CMLL.  Not the greatest match, but certainly worth a watch.  I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch as I think there's certainly more these two could do.  

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'm extremely high on Virus, of course, as high as anyone, but haven't seen much out of him the last few years. I've seen virtually no empty arena lucha either. My biggest takeaway was that it was a very good bullying performance from Virus but absolutely devastated by the lack of a crowd. The entire point of that bullying was to build up the potential energy for the kinetic burst of Soberano's comeback in the segunda, and it was a good comeback on paper, with him working for it and there being a few wrinkles. Without the crowd to pop for it though, what's even the point? Even more than most forms of wrestling, lucha just can't exist in a vacuum. Soberano honestly seemed sluggish and drained without the crowd to respond to and I'm not about to blame him for it. The tope set up in the tercera felt really weird, too, with Virus scoring a nice dodge on the apron but then shouting a victory pose out to no one at all so that Soberano could knock him to the floor. My head canon was that he was shouting to one of the cameras since he knows (even kayfabe-wise) that all that matters is the filming of this match, but it was still weird. I wasn't expecting the finish. I though he was going to do another Gory-style submission and Soberano to reverse out and that to lead another nearfall or the finish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

Ice Ribbon

Tsukasa Fujimoto is quite the bona fide SUPER WORKER.  And Rina Yamashita is awesome as usual.  Ice Ribbon is on a streak.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Taiga said:

Stardom 2.13 semi and main event + Giulia post match rudo antics.

Finally finished this show last night. Bea/Kamitani from the same show is a good match worth catching, but these two matches sooooo damn good. It really goes back to what I've thought for years now in that AZM and Kid are limited by Ogawa. You can tell they are holding back often. Hopefully they start getting more chances to perform like this even if its just for the High Speed belt.

• Like 1

Jake Lee, Koji Iwamoto & TAJIRI vs. Shotaro Ashino, Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi

AJPW World Tag Team Title: Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi (c) vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Abdullah Kobayashi:

Suwama (c) vs Kohei Sato. Shorter match 

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

AEW understands that wrestling is 500% better when you can't understand what the announcers are babbling about.  OMIGOD!  Emi Sukura having the most adorable Dump Army is something that HAS to happen.  Shida assuming the role of 1984 Jaguar Yokota makes sense in this version.  Man,  that Ryo/Aja match is sooo good on second watch.

• Like 2

Chicago's Galli Pro Wrestling supplies the funnest, if a bit sloppy, lucha match of the late covid period.  Canis Lupus is awesome.

================================

Laaadies are wrestling in the cage at the PPP Bar and Grill.

===========================

I assume one of these ladies will show up on AEW Dark at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Billie Starkz might not be for a while, she only turned 16 in January (she's been wrestling professionally for 4 years).

AWESOME!

This match is a hoot!

=============================

Misa Matsui and Yuko Sakurai continue the HEAT-UP! showboating of ActWres girl'Z!

===================

In Active Advance Pro Wrestling, a NXT failed experiment takes on a former W-1 wrestler.

Duel Tam Nakano matches.  I was going to be explain my puzzlement about them laying it in more in the Starlight Kid match,  but then Mayu Iwatani and Nakano just start fucking CRUSHING each other.  So nobody knows how old Tam Nakano is?  I hope she doesn't get be-balded by Giulia.

==========================

Hino-less DAMNATION so a lesser DAMNATION.  Sort of like a T-Hawk-less Strong Hearts.  Good but not what you REALLY want.

=========================

I usually blow past these PPP Bar and Grill men's matches because HEY!  Life's too short.  But Koji Doi made this good.

• Like 1

Beat me to the TJPW match!  Here is Ice Ribbon with wrestling and tax advice?  What the fuck, Ice Ribbon?

=======================

The ladies of PPP take to the cage at the bar and grill!

• Like 1

Mio Momono and Rin Kadokura are your fun-loving face team!  Mika Iwata and DASH Chisako are dicks!  EDIT:  I forgot that Mio and Rin are MARVELOUS wrestlers and are invading.  I  was noticing that this match is worked stiff as fudge.

---------------------------------

The Sendai Girls junior title!  Boy, these gals are teeny.

---------------------------------------------

Strong Hearts are back in Colega Pro.  But no T-Hawk.

NOAH 

Sugiura-gun (Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & Takashi Sugiura) vs. Kongo

Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya & Nioh vs. Go Shiozaki, Yoshiki Inamura & Daisuke Harada

Naomichi Marufuji & Seiki Yoshioka vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Atsushi Kotoge

• Like 1