DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

For those that missed it, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kenou had a match last month in the finals of the N-1 Tournament.  It's NOAH and it's STIFF.

=======================

This match is both very British (Billy Haze is the palest human who isn't a member of the undead and Henry Sefton uses a CRAVATE~! in this match) and also the most Southern match (James Toner does a super extended Ricky Morton section which is waaaaay fun- the pinnacle being throwing his opponent into Smashing Mike and thus nullifying the attempt at a hot tag.) Yes, WrestleForce is awesome.

============================

Madeline has really started coming into her own, being really fun in her matches in GLEAT against Miyagi (even the goofball TRIPLE THREAT matches.)  Here, she takes on wiley veteran, Ayako Sato and they have a really good wrestling match.  They should move this match to the bigger GLEAT stage, but leave Miyagi out of it,  Not that there is anything wrong with Miyagi, but three ways are the fucking worst.  Madeline does that cool ropewalking tarantula hold thingy.

Alex Shelley vs Daniel Garcia, from a few weeks ago.

And Trish Adora (c) vs 'The African American Horror Story' Eel O'Neal, from the PAWD Title, from a few weeks after that.

• Like 1

Another full show on GCW's YouTube page: LA Fights!

• Scramble
  • Doom vs Mazzeratti
  • Vandagriff vs Drake
  • Titus vs Midas
  • Quest vs Riley
  • Juicy Finau vs Tito
  • Jack Cartwheel vs Gatson
  • Dark Sheikh vs Sondra Moone
  • Like 1

The UK must be a wrestling WONDERLAND.  You go to the library and POW! a wrestling match breaks out!  RJ Singh and Jordan Saeed are awesome being cheating, evil, wily veterans.  The Teens With Attitude are the greatest babyfaces in Great Britain and you really can't wait for their annoying youthful enthusiasm to bring them down as the guile and craftiness of their elders is the harbinger of their downfall!

================================

El Hijo del Alibrije is the reason to watch but there is also Giant Orion.  I checked with cagematch and he is a 6'7" Canadian who was trained by Phil LeFon.  The strangest thing is that he has never wrestled in the US.  His offense looks good.  Strange.

==================================

YES! TOXIN IS EVIL AGAIN!  This is the goofiest match in the history of wrestling,   Mr Iguana, his iguana doll, a wrestle buddy, a small child.  Ah, Mexico....

It's the amazing Daniel Makabe versus Arik Royal in the Scenic City Invitational.  I don't know anything about the Scenic City Invitational but this match is posted on Action Wrestling's youtube account, so Jacey North and Daniel Makabe collide in a wad of DVDVR wonderment!

=====================

WrestleForce, in their quest to fucking totally RULE IT, has THIS- a British HOSS BATTLE!  Jay Joshua and Bullit hansen each other like MEN!

===============================

Speaking of Stan Hansen, Masha Slamovich and Allie Katch beat the crud out of each other.  Added points for a beautiful shot by a drone.

Rok-C is awesome, obviously.  She wrestles like a 1970's NWA traveling champion even though she is only 20 years old. Raychell Rose is a future WOW champion, I'm guessing,.

==========================

This British dude Karim Brigante looks really good.  He does little variations on standard moves, which I dig.

Artemis and Bengalee are your highflying technicos!  Satania is my dream second wife!

HEY!  It's Tetsuya Endo and Yuki Ueno, two guys who were the best at actual wrestling in DDT, along with Konosuke Takeshita, before Jun Akiyama showed up and raised the real wrestling bar.

=======================

This Mickey Knuckles/Sage Sin match is from Houston in 2021 but it is grimy enough to be Philadelphia in 1995.  GRIMY!

Aster Boy wrestles kinda rudo in this.  Noisy Boy is over with the rubes.  This is actually a little bit more than the crazy athletic spots.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DEAN said:

I had never noticed how nasty Sayaka Unagi's offense is.  She crushes Nam Takano's skull a couple of times.

Unagi and Mina aren't great strikers, but the rest of their offense is generally good, especially Unagi's.

23 hours ago, D.Z said:

It was good seeing Momo try to murder Kid and plow through Oedo Tai late in the match when they pissed her off. I liked how Fukigen basically fucked off during that moment.

• Like 2

YESSSS! GLEAT!  The main event is really good- BULK ORCHESTRA! vs the STRONG HEARTS!  Lindaman is the best guy in a match with fucking T-HAWK and Ryiuchi Kawakami in it.  Lindaman is awesome.  Shinamura still has the greatest boots in the history of wrestling.

======================

Connor Mills is a guy who would have been signed to NXT before Vince to re-control of it.  Jordan Saeed is really good.

=======================

I hope WOW takes off so folks like Promise Braxton and Vert Vixen have a place to wrestle that shows up on my TV.

• Like 1

Rok-C turned 20 recently.  She's five years older than her tag team partner, Mia Friday!  Danni Bee I guess turned Raychell Rose away from Texas and made her Oklahoma Positive.  Danni Bee does the great postmatch handshake with feisty ROH champion, Rok-C.

=========================

Oh man, this match is great.  Your rudos, the beautiful and evil Satania and Lolita, get landed on a lot and then they land on Artemis and Sagitarius a lot!  So much fun.

YuuRi, the Glamorous Valkyrie, takes on Ice Ribbon's Maya Yukihi!  YuuRi is having a trial for some reason.

• Like 1

KiLynn King takes on the Weapon of Ass Destruction in a brewery in Texas and it's pretty great.  Who is on a hotter streak- King or Masha Slamovich?

=================================

Man, I hope ROH comes back so guys like JT Dunn will have a place to wrestle.  Lee Moriarty is awesome.

=========================================

I assume at some point KC Navarro and Alex Shelley will re-do this match in MLW.  KC Navarro is your MLW version of Sammy Guevaro.  Alex Shelley is pretty great..

Oh man, this match is BritWresNerdTASTIC!  Jordan Breaks and Connor Mills were both trained by Darrell Allen who was trined by Zack Sabre Jr (thanks cagematch.net!  U RULE!)  This is a great combination of traditional World of Sport style and regular modern wrestling.  In a library!

======================

Jay White takes on Daniel Garcia!  Jay White needs to be in AEW already.  DIG THE VOLK HAN SHARPSHOOTER!

Raychell Rose and Killa Kate go at it in Texas and I don't remember Killa Kate being this shooty and submission-based.  I dig it.

• Like 1

Oli Peace (the secret owner of WRESTLE FORCE!) goes two out of three falls with nineteen year old phenom Kieron Lacey.  Peace will be doing rounds before to long because his promotion is awesome.

==============================

Sierra and Brooke Valentine have a stiff little affair and I wonder where these gals could get bigger.  IMPACT! is only hiring so many big, stiff working ladies.  I hope ROH comes back.

====================================

Rache Chanel is the secret good worker from Texas.  She lays it in to Zeda Zhang and it's FUN!

12 hours ago, Taiga said:

DDT 12.5 Grand Prix FINAL. Fiery underdog Ueno takes on the big Ace.

This is a quality sequence of professional wrestling- setting up the Blue Thunder Power Bomb to the Released German Suplex.

So Yuki Ueno is the best wrestler in DDT?  Almost.  Konosuke Takeshita is right there.

• Like 1

Rok-C is so awesome!  Trish Adora is great in this match- being larger and stronger and relentless, with Rok-C being the feisty champion.  This is a good wrestling match.

So I guess this is the son of the nephew of Espectro.  Collossal Canadain, Giant Orion, takes it to the people and El Hijo del Espectro Jr bleeds as they beat each other up through the crowd.

===========================

Kamille spindles her knee!  Marina Tucker targets it!  Kamille is really good in this figuring out a way to be a one legged monster and she's GOOD at it!  BRAVO, underrated NWA Champion!

I don't remember ever seeing Hazuki before but she looks good here against Utami Hayashishita.  FOR THE BELT!

Bulk Orchestra vs the Strong Hearts is sooooo good.  Also has a good match with Tiida making his debut against Jun Tonsho, Yu Iizuka and Takanori Ito. GLEAT!

===========================

John Skyler and Brian Myers have a really good match somewhere in a gym.  Myers toprope elbow is fucking CHOICE.  IMPACT should be having great matches every week, but you get what you get with IMPACT.

• Like 1