DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

I had never noticed that Kentaro Suzuki will really lay it in.  He is in NOAH, so yes, he will.  Here, he faces the difficult to pronounce Susumu Yuya. 

=========================

Ayame Sasamura is becoming a good little wrestler.  Here, she plays DASH Chikaso to Riko Kaiju's Yurika Oka.  If that sentence makes sense, CONGRATULATIONS!  You watch a lot of Joshi Pro Wrestling!  Yurika Oka is becoming another Sendai Teen Sensation.

==========================

Toxin is still a technico!  And he's good at it.  Aster Boy does a lot of acrobatic spots.  VillanoV had a collossal lummox of a son/nephew.

• Like 1

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1m44y1v7tw

Big Japan Strong Title match from 18th October between the future of that division Takuya Nomura (& also the present to be honest, he's great) against the man that personified that division for the longest time, Daisuke Sekimoto. They proceed to beat the absolute shit out of each other for the best part of 20 minutes & it's very fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1m44y1v7tw

Big Japan Strong Title match from 18th October between the future of that division Takuya Nomura (& also the present to be honest, he's great) against the man that personified that division for the longest time, Daisuke Sekimoto. They proceed to beat the absolute shit out of each other for the best part of 20 minutes & it's very fun.

WHOA! THAT'S SOME HARDWAY!

This match is wild.  La Pandemia are taking it up to TWELVE!  This is waaaaay fun.  Too short.

==============================

It's Willow Nightingale, who is getting a push in MLW!  Here she has a good little match with Vipress, on a card I want to see the rest of- especially Jennacide vs KiLynn King.

=============================

More WrestleForce!  The best announcer in wrestling!  Oli Peace is the young up-and-comer and Simon Miller is your evil grizzled veteran!  Look at all the kids!

Jesus Christ!  Two fucking awesome matches on this.  I can't figure out which one I like most.  Tam Nakano hits the fucking motherfucking fucking NASTIEST reverse Brainbuster on Utami Hayashishita and Utami hits another awesome RELEASED Everest German Suplex and the match is fucking epic.  THEN Momoe Watanabe and Syuri have a fucking BattlARTS match with the AWWESOME toprope keylock by Syuri.  I don't know but I think I liked the Nakano/Hayashishita match more because they kicked out of slightly less stuff, though both are fucking awesome.  Stardom continues to dominate Japanese wrestling.

===========================

Jonathan Gresham and Chris Ridgeway have a very World of Sport match in Great Britain.  This is good.

I first saw Daniel Makabe yesterday on IWTV wrestling Cole Radrick and then this popped up in my feed.  El Phantasmo is quite the middle of all wrestling but he heels it up in a fun way here.

22 hours ago, DEAN said:

Jesus Christ!  Two fucking awesome matches on this.  I can't figure out which one I like most.  Tam Nakano hits the fucking motherfucking fucking NASTIEST reverse Brainbuster on Utami Hayashishita and Utami hits another awesome RELEASED Everest German Suplex and the match is fucking epic.  THEN Momoe Watanabe and Syuri have a fucking BattlARTS match with the AWWESOME toprope keylock by Syuri.  I don't know but I think I liked the Nakano/Hayashishita match more because they kicked out of slightly less stuff, though both are fucking awesome.  Stardom continues to dominate Japanese wrestling.

I preferred Momo/Syuri, but both matches were great. Momo/Syuri is the best match and finals I can recall from the GP's history.  Tam/Utami was easily the best match either had all tournament. It might be the best Utami has looked in her career. She has been getting better and better since that title match with Syuri.

• Like 1

YESSSssss!  MORE GLEAT!  Bulk Orchestra against the Grampa Squad is pretty great as Minoru Tanaka refuses to go quietly into that good night,  Nobuhiro Shimitani is awesome the sniveling runt of the litter, hitting and bailing out of the situation when things start going south.  Kawakami is fucking awesome getting tricked by CIMA.  Once again, El Lindaman is the best thing in a match that has both fucking T-Hawk and the future of pro wrestling, Yuu Izuka.  GLEAT is awesome.  The Miyagi/Madeline is a really good 6 minute match, too- which I wasn't counting on,

So Nation Extreme Wrestling is the CWFATL of Canada- a little promotion that punches waaaaay above it's weight.  This match is fucking epic.  I had totally forgotten about Mike Speedball Baily and I don't recall ever seeing Artemis Spencer but I will keep an eye out going forward.  This match is indie-crazy.

And here is two young guys, Judas Icarus and Travis Williams, who fucking lay it in.  Nation Extreme brings the goods.

• Like 2

Nation Extreme Wrestling is awesome.  Here, IMPACT former champion, Josh Alexander, takes on young up-and-comer, Travis Williams.  The story is that Alexander is just killing time until his title match with Christian, but Williams has other ideas!  Williams takes Alexander to the limit, to the point where Alexander has to fucking annihilate him and it's pretty great.  NEW RULES!

Another spunky youngster, Joey Sunseri, takes on Lee Moriarty.  This is a classic styled match where Sunseri tries to match technical wrestling with the superior technical wrestler, fails, and starts to cheat.  It was the story to every match I saw on television as a child watching Mid-Atlantic.  Memories....  This Sunseri kid has a future.

============================

THIS is some carny shit right here.  Kendo Nagasaki (not the deceased Japanese guy) is coming back to get revenge on Robbie Brookside and has assembled a team to go two out of three falls.  The problem is that, checking wikipedia, one will learn that Kendo Nagasaki is EIGHTY years old.  I don't care how much mall walking you do, you won't look like the guy under the Nagasaki mask. It's good to see Robbie Brookside wrestle and I have vague memories of Phil Powers.  I'm wondering if it's Doug Williams under the mask.  Fucking weird all the way around.

I love Niigata Pro.  Where else can you see Basara Pro baseball monkey man, Daiki Shimomuram, take the greatest elbow drops in modern wrestling from Big Japan Strong Style wunderkind, Hideyoshi Kamitami.  Kamitami quietly slaughterizes indie boy while selling a lot of his semi-comical offense.  So good.

From Florida's finest indie, CCW, we get this match.  Marina Tucker will lay it in.  Danny Mo is good except for one major flaw, her kicks really suck and she does a lot of them.  Every thing else looks great.  This is good.  If you ignore the kicks.  Which is hard.

Awesome!  More Nation Extreme Wrestling.  Here, wiley, grizzled veteran, Daniel Makabe, has to deal with pesky youngster, Judas Icarus.  

Matt Makowski is really good.  I don't where he will end up now that ROH isn't signing guys like him anymore.  NXT maybe?  Kevin Blackwood is a Buffalo guy.  You kids and your horrible, horrible tattoos.  Being a Richmonder in the 1980s means I'm partly responsible for this tattoo culture,  I apologize.

It's MLW's KC Navarro!  He is the Sammy Guevarro of MLW.  This Brayden Lee guy is a good little wrestling.

================================

It's Southwest Wrestling from Bristol, England!  JD Knight and KM Lane are pretty conventional wrestlers, not World of Sport very much, just really, really competent and fundamentally sound.  JD Knight does do the British thing of being a total heel and NOT cheating.  He's just  a jerk!  So great. FUCK THAT GUY!

Aramis is MLW and Flamita is ROH, so I guess we could see this match in MLW soon or in ROH in April if they actually come back.  Aramis hits a fucking insane tope.

Here's that BANGER OF A MATCH~! from CWFATL this week.  Tony Nese has really good punches.  David Ali looks like he has a bright future,

VertVixen is from Austin!  Killa Kate trained in Dallas/Fort Worth!  Killa Kate surprised me with some really cool submissions!  BOOKER T!  HOUSTON!

• Thanks 1

The Villanos and the Brazos use the youth of their families to carry on the age old feud.  I like that they divide the crowd like it's families at a wedding, Villanos to the right, Brazos to the left.  This match goes from an exercise in cool lucha submissions straight to a mask ripping bloodbath.

==================================

Jody Threat is all spunky and fun.  Holidead is good.  This match is intense.  HOUSTON!  THUNDER ROSA!

===============================

It's Heather Monroe!  Here, she is wrestling QT Marshall trainee, Dani Jordan!  It's pretty good.  BEAUMONT!  I DON'T KNOW WHO RUNS BEAUMONT!

Oh man, AEW needs to sign KiLynn King if they haven't already.  This match makes me want AEW to start a Tall Woman's division.  Hell, you could put the belt on Jade Cargill.  Jennacide is a good big, mean lady.  The first five minutes is like a Dory Funk Jr 1970's studio match, so you can tell King is listening to Dustin.

================================

Allright!  More British and British-styled wrestling from Wrestle Force!  Smashing Mike and Oli Peace have a face versus face technical bout, that gets actual heat because it's Britain and people are trained to like this kind of thing.  So great.

====================================

When AEW gets around to getting a women's tag division, they should invest in the Renegade Twins.  They need SEASONING~! but they would be a good midcard heel team.  Katalina Perez has the look of someone being misused by NXT because creative can't think of anything for her and Lexi Gomez needs to get to Impact immediately before they stop their signing spree.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, DEAN said:

So Nation Extreme Wrestling is the CWFATL of Canada- a little promotion that punches waaaaay above it's weight.  This match is fucking epic.  I had totally forgotten about Mike Speedball Baily and I don't recall ever seeing Artemis Spencer but I will keep an eye out going forward.  This match is indie-crazy.

Artemis Spencer came up through ECCW at the same time as El Phantasmo and just as Kyle O'Reilly was being lured to St. Louis by Davey Richards and Tony Kozina. Fantastic worker that I'm kinda shocked hasn't ended up with Impact since that would lessen visa issues somewhat? (Looking at you, Mike Bailey and Nicole Matthews!)

• Like 1

Oh man, La Rosa Negra lays it the fuck in.  Jazmin Allure hangs with her.  Thunder Rosa books like ECW Paul Heyman.  Man, I hate all MITB title switches.

Rok-C defends the belt against fellow Booker Trainee, Dani Bee in Booker T's promotion and it's good!  Rok-C is awesome.

Country Big is officially the Best Guy To Not Yet Have A Cagematch.net Profile.  He's a British guy doing a Nu Country gimmick that he drives home by wrestling like Stan Hansen.  Yes.  He's THAT awesome.

More GLEAT!  BULK ORCHESTRA~!  Nobuhiro Shimatani's boots are THE GREATEST BOOTS IN THE HISTORY OF WRESTLING!  The Strong Hearts versus the Ceolacanths is really good.  The fact that a stable of olds is called the Ceolacanths is almost as awesome as Bulk Orchestra.

It's Billy Haze in WrestleForce!  My favorite British indie and my favorite, worldwide, announcer.  Fabio Romano looks like an Italian version of a parrotthead.  Billy Haze rules.

Aster Boy and Toxin are such a fun tagteam.  I dig Medico Brujo.  Villiano V Jr is a fabulous fatboy.

• Like 1