DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

The Houston-ess match that was ever Houston-  Mysterious Q vs Moonshine Mantell.  How bout some old school!

============================

QT Marshall against Cha Cha Charlie in front of a slightly too enthusiastic batch of Floridians in a brewery.

Yay! It's Jody Threat!  Becca will lay it in and Jody will lean into an assbeating.  QUALITY.

• Like 2

This match is awesome.  I didn't watch Davey Richards when he was irritating everyone in the IWC so I'm digging his resurfacing in the indies.  Bryan Keith is the best guy on the indies.  They fucking kill each other.

========================

Thunder Rosa is peak LA PARK, good in the ring, great brawling all around the ring.  I love this.  She is intense.

===========================

I love WrestleForce because they are trying to keep World of Sport alive.  Kieron Lacey is 19 years old and looks great.  This announcer should be somewhere in AEW calling Daniel Garcia vs Yuta Wheeler matches.

• Like 2

AZM vs Utami Hayashishita is good- with a totally insane German by Utami.  One would think that Saya Kamitani vs Takumi Iroha would be the best thing on this- and they do appear to have a nine star match ahead of them in the future- but Momo Watanabe and Himeka is just hell on earth.  Man, they beat the fudge out of each other.  Himeka is getting closer and closer to being the Barry Windham of Stardom.  Momo Watanabe is so fucking awesome.

Hey!  It's latter day BattlARTS guy, Yujiro Yamamoto and he has a very BattlARTSian match with a Takuya Kaiwa.  Hang around for the postmatch interview where you see the horror that Kaiwa visits upon Yamamoto's chest.  STIFF!

==========================

This is two guys from the fed in Carolina that Colby Corino is in.  These guys must be best friends because they make it look like a real fight.  Today is all about laying it in!

• Like 2

El Hijo de Fishman is good at brawling and El Hijo de Alebrije is a crazy highflier!  They are both in this!  Plus someone somehow related to Halloween!

================================

CCW should be on BeIN or NXT LVL.  Here is a match from their women's division and it's pretty good.

===================

I'm beginning to fall in love with GPS.  It's GUTS Ishijima!  He's got a good elbow drop- WHO KNEW!?!?

Niigata Pro is my pipeline to the Big Japan Strong Style that brought me back into wrestling after I gave up on wrestling after Chris Benoit did his murder/suicide.  This is 3 guys from Big Japan and one homegrown guy and it's pretty stiff.  BACK TO THE ROOTS!

=============================

It's more Davey Richards in the indies!  He really lays it in these days.  I dig this Chandler Hopkins guy.

===================================

It's future WOW superhero, Alex Gracia, in against Freddie Mercury enthusiast, Nikki Addams.  Don't... stop....me.... NOW!

• Like 2

Highlights from last night's CMLL Women's Grand Prix main event at Arena Mexico.

CMLL does tons wrong, but they do occasionally get it right. The pomp and circumstance at the start of the video is a bit over the top, but it gives the match a World Cup final-style feel, and the fans seems to enjoy it.

• Like 2

Chihiro Hashimoto makes Active Advance gal, Ayame Sasamura look like a threat for a second there.  OH HELL YES!  MAD DOG BUZZ SAWYER POWERSLAM!!!

========================

Yuu tags with Pure-J obscure wrestler, Chie Oroza.  Hiroyo Matsumoto tags with teen sensation, Yurika Oka.  So you have fifty/fifty guess as to who is losing.  Hiroyo Matsumoto is the meanest woman in the match....

STARDOM streams the undercard from today!  The second match is the slightly less than good Ruaka against one of those Your Biker Chick Aunts from the Cosmic Angels.  For THE BELT!

• Like 1

Hey!  Big Japan posted a stiff tag match with Diasuke Sekimoto, Yuki Okabayshi, Fuminori Abe and some other guy.  They beat the shit out of each other.

=========================

I can't decide if the Skimahorns are the new Mulkeys or maybe the bastard sons of Lee Scott.  Either way, the take a hellish beating at the hands of the Yung GOATS.

========================

Tom Thelwell is prolly the fifth best wrestler in Australia.  Scotty Rawk is not a careful highflier, so he is waaaay too fun to watch land wrong on his shoulder.

It's Aramis and Arez against fellow MLW fella, Gringo Loco and Golden Dragon.  What a fabulous building.

=======================

Man, I had totally forgotten about Jon Davis.  Here he is laying it in like the days when I remembered him.

========================

ASF is good and I assume ROH or MLW will sign him at some point, since he is a version of TJ Perkins.  He should at least get a cagematch.net profile.

Is there something in the water in Australia that creates awesome tag teams?  Here's two more- The Brat Pack and the Natural Classics.  This is 200 miles per hour.

WrestleFprce is one of my favorite indies because it promotes a lot of traditional British wrestling.  This match is more of a more modern style, but Jordan Saeed is a fun heel and James Toner is fired up babyface.  And still... the greatest announcer alive today.

Kamille is in Memphis and is the Fobert Gibson in a very Southern tag match.  Kamille is the only one in the match that does anything beyond kicking and punching.

More Brat Pack!  This time against the team that had the 5 star match against Aussie Open, the Velocities.  So Aussie Open are the best and these two are a dead heat for second best team out of Australia.  Actually, the Brat Pack get the edge because their offense a bit stiffer.

=========================

Okay, Raychell Rose is the best evil jerk in Houston because she is the meanest she can possibly be to 15 year old Mia Friday.  ZILLION STARS.

It's another lady from Houston, Alejandra, against Dani Mo from.... checking cagematch.net... Pennsylvania.  So it's Britt Baker, Lady Frost and Dani Mo from Pennsylvania.  I'm noticing a trend.

12 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

Hey look, it's the Lucha Brothers against Laredo Kid & El Hijo del Vikingo!!!!   Heroes Immortales.  October 9, 2021

WHOA! POSTMATCH!

It's the Corino vs Corino match that Schneider recommended.  I wrote to him after watching, "The Corino match starts as King Lear, goes into Oedipus Rex and then ends with A Boy Named Sue.  It's fucking great."

So Galli pretty much always delivers.  Atomico Jr is good.

==============================

Hey Ho!  Rumours are swirling around Dragon Lee and Dralistico!  Here, they and their pa take on Dr Wagner and his gigantic sons.

• Like 1

Trey Miguel and Jake Something are two of the better guys on IMPACT!  Here, they have a really fun match in the indies that I can't see them ever getting this much time on TV.

I really dig Kira Chimera, French wrestler wrestling in the UK.  Once again, she takes on the breath-taking but very green Ava White- carrying her to a quite watchable match.  The start of the match is solid gold, where Ava White shows she is more flexible than her French counterpart.

I've seen Harley Fairfax in OVW before and she is perfectly fine.  In with Big Mama, she is way better.

Hey!  This could show up on my TV soon.  IMPACT! really needs to push Masha Slamavich so these two can wrestle seven times in seven consecutive weeks.

Shane Taylor Enterprises is the best thing in ROH right now.  More Dragon Lee this week!  Rumours are swirling.

=============================

Awesome.  CCW have an ACE!  It's Anna Diaz.  She is taking on Kamille this weekend for the NWA title.

More GLEAT!  I don't know which match kicks more ass- T-Hawk vs Hayato Tamura or Ryuji Kawakami vs El Lindaman.  The T-Hawk match is soooo fucking stiff, but Lindaman is truly awesome being an underdog who is way in over his head, fighting like crazy to not get slaughtered.  Both are beautiful wrestling matches, so good.

================================

The two all-stars in this match are Chihiro Hashimoto and Mio Momono, but the story of this match is that Rin Kodakura and Mika Iwata really hate each other's guts and want to beat the hell out of each other.  Mika Iwata will bring the ass beat and Rin Kodakura is more interesting in this match than she's ever been before.  Mio is really awesome not getting in the way but working circles around everyone else in the match.

==============================

This is good.  They really lay it in for a ladies lucha libre match.  Strange.

• Like 2