DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Neither Chavy Chulo nor Mathayus have cagematch.net profiles but both are the new Best Indie Guys Without A Cagematch.net Profile, supplanting Country Big, who held the title for one day.  This match is STIFF!  TEXAS!

=========================

This has Hotta and a gal she trained and a Pure-J midcarder, but also has Arisa Nakajima who brings her nasty nasty offense to make this a match one would want to watch.

Hey! It's Nagisa Nozaki, who I haven't seen since Pro Wrestling WAVE stopped posting matches.  She's so smooth in the ring.  This match also has one of the top 5 women's wrestlers on earth, Mio Momono, in it.  And two shmoes.

• Like 1

Oh man, this is good.  YOU knew JD Drake was good.  I had not heard of Rip Byson before but he is real good.  REAL GOOD!

==========================

This match is fun.  Your rudas HATE these technias- HATE THEM!  They fight them before the match, during the match, and POSTMATCH, IT IS AWESOME.

===========================

Choco Pro is just too weird for me to get into so I had never actually seen Tokiko Kirihara or Yuna Mizumori wrestle.  I don't think ASUKA had seen Mizumori wrestle because she seems baffled by her persistence.  Her persistence is very endearing.  Makoto..... beautiful.... mysterious.... is in this match too.  Kirihara doesn't seem like she is 47, but she is.

Whoa!  Watched this streaming last night after being tipped off!  It's amazing that Masha Slamovich versus Mercedes Martinez could happen on my TV on IMPACT!  Until then there is this.  I cued it up to the match but there is also a good Allie Katch/Trish Adora match before that, and Tasha Steelz/Holidead before that.  Masha Slamovich is so good.

AEW needs to sign both these women because they can both go 18 minutes.  Hell, sign Hyan. Heather Monroe, Ray Lin and Taya Valkyrie and make them a stable.  No Bitchinoku Driver, unfortunately.

======================

Mike Byrd is a WELSH BASTARD!  He is very World of Sport and this match is really good.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, DEAN said:

Choco Pro is just too weird for me to get into so I had never actually seen Tokiko Kirihara or Yuna Mizumori wrestle.  I don't think ASUKA had seen Mizumori wrestle because she seems baffled by her persistence.  Her persistence is very endearing.  Makoto..... beautiful.... mysterious.... is in this match too.  Kirihara doesn't seem like she is 47, but she is.

ASUKA has actually faced Yuna Mizumori before, last year in a fun but far from essential Choco Pro 10 minute match.

I definitely value getting to see the Choco Pro gals in other environments, because Emi really is a good trainer & the crop of talent she has around her are very entertaining but yeah, Choco Pro isn't a promotion I can watch a lot of. I'm glad it exists though.

• Like 2

Masha Slamovich wrestles EVERYWHERE and has good matches everywhere.  Here. she is in Fridley, Minnesota wrestling Missa Kate.  Kate is a game opponent and Masha kills the hell out of her eventually,  NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB!  DANGEROUS QUEEN!

Rowsdoweresque Canadian wrestler, Jody Threat has Canadian Redneck energy that is infectious.  Delilah Doom has a goofy aerobicise gimmick. This gets sloppy but is still good.  It was a hot night in Fridley for US indie women's wrestling.

Former WWE guy, Steve Maclin, takes on guys who looks like many WWE guys, Edge Stone.  Stone is probably too old for the WWE now though. Maybe he should join Naclin in IMPACT!  In Beaumont, Texas!

Pretty much everyone should see this since it's sub 15 minutes and has Dante being really experimental with Arez and Aramis, and a fun CPR spot. It's also super cooperative, awkward at times, and you can see the strings literally every moment of the match (every moment, every single moment, except for maybe the CPR one), but I'm happy with him getting to try new things in front of a crowd like this with game opponents that are pushing him to do so. Not a me match by any means but it'll be a fun investment for you anyway.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Pretty much everyone should see this since it's sub 15 minutes and has Dante being really experimental with Arez and Aramis, and a fun CPR spot. It's also super cooperative, awkward at times, and you can see the strings literally every moment of the match (every moment, every single moment, except for maybe the CPR one), but I'm happy with him getting to try new things in front of a crowd like this with game opponents that are pushing him to do so. Not a me match by any means but it'll be a fun investment for you anyway.

I want Dante Martin AGAINST Mr Iguana.

Okay, I love Waves and Curls.  The Competition are good old school heels.  The most Southern tag match to happen in New England this year.

Voodoo has a cagematch.net profile, but it says he is inactive, though it lists his 2021 matches in WrestleForce.  And Wrestle Force is owned by Oli Peace, who I thought was like 14 years old.  Hakan I dig.  Voodoo wrestles like a 19 year old veteran and he is the grimiest looking British dude this side of an Oliver! revival.

Spartan Pro is a new indie in New Jersey, and it has KC Navarro as a champion, so good for them.  The guy who kills Abed Arroniz for Navarro to help him RETAIN~! has the look to go to the Impact midcard at least.

Judas Icarius and Travis Williams are two young guys who I saw recently when Nation Extreme Wrestling started posting matches.  Then, 365 wrestling posted a card from September with Dan Makabe vs Artemis Spencer and I was like, "Oh.  Cool.  There something going on in the indies in Canada." So I watched Makabe and Spencer and it's really good and I noticed other 365 matches in my feed and I was like, "Oh! It's that Travis Williams guy.  I can note that Alec Price has the most punchable face on earth, but Travis Williams has the most punchable face in Canada!"  AND THEN I watch THIS MATCH and I am like, WHO THE FUCK KNEW THESE TWO YOUNG PUNKS CAN GO FIFTY-NINE MINUTES and have a great match?  It's fucking wild.  It's 59 minutes of STIFF!  It's WILDLY better than it ever should be.  KUDOS, young Canadians.  I don't know why you did this, but I'm glad you did.

============================

Here is the Daniel Makabe versus Artemis Spencer match with 2000 submission attempts.  These guys are awesome.

=============================

IT's Dragon Lee and Dralistico killing time until they show up in AEW,, which I'm assuming will be any day now.

Holy shit!  Utami Hayashishita versus fuckin Takumi Iroha for the red belt!  Awesome!  Not as good Iroha vs Syuri, but still really good.  Hayashishita's variations on the Dragon Screw is really neat.  The hinting at what Iroha could use to win the belt in the future is also neat.

========================

Jordan Breaks' gimmick is an ode to Jim Breaks so he is totally fucking awesome.  Here, he and Lieron Lacey have a really good World of Sport match.  Man, when Wrestle Force is good, it's really good.

Baby Star is a STAR! but also an adorable baby.  ADORABLE BABY....

• Like 1

Rok-C is otherworldly lately.  Promise Braxton is one of the best things out of Houston.

======================

DDT is having a gran prix, so YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!  Jun Akiyama beats the life out of Yuki Ueno!  Guess why!

========================

Ganbare Pro has a lot of guys who I can't identify.  One guy has a lot of tassles on his boots and that's awesome.

Kenou versus Masaaki Mochizuki from N-1 VICTORY!

ActWres girl'Z tall gal, Ami Muira is in with Yuu and Chihiro Hashimoto- as she is the nouvelle Dynamite Kansai, and Team 200 Kg sells for her a lot.  And some other shmoe.

Raychell Rose can get all nasty with her offense, and I think it's because Erica Torres brings it out of her.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:58 PM, DEAN said:

THIS is some carny shit right here.  Kendo Nagasaki (not the deceased Japanese guy) is coming back to get revenge on Robbie Brookside and has assembled a team to go two out of three falls.  The problem is that, checking wikipedia, one will learn that Kendo Nagasaki is EIGHTY years old.  I don't care how much mall walking you do, you won't look like the guy under the Nagasaki mask. It's good to see Robbie Brookside wrestle and I have vague memories of Phil Powers.  I'm wondering if it's Doug Williams under the mask.  Fucking weird all the way around.

It's the real Kendo Nagasaki but he's "only" 67 in this video as this match is from 2008.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Megan Bayne vs Masha Slamovich from like 8 hours ago.

I'm trying to figure out if Masha Slamovich is the New Stan Hansen or the New Greg Valentine.  It all hinges on the fact that normal perfectly fine wrestlers like Megan Bayne and Willow Nightengale suddenly just totally fucking lay it in when wrestling Masha.  I assume it's like wrestling Stan Hansen-  you might as well lay it in because he sure as fuck is going to lay it in,

• Like 1

Kevin Ku is a guy I started paying attention to recently.  He is all shooty and stiff.  I have really dug him and this match doesn't change any of that.  I've never seen Brad Cashew before but he is the current Best Guy Without A Cagematch.net Profile!

========================

Yurika Oka is now 18 and she is starting to give Manami a good run for best Sendai Girls youngster.  Riko Kaiju looks good in this too.

=======================

Hmmmmmm.  Is Kenou and Nakajima better than Shiozaki and Nakajima?  Hmmmmmm.

• Like 1

Chihiro Hashimoto and Takumi Iroha preview their singles match by having them tag with youngster who they can beat on as proxies for their future opponent.  Takumi Iroha gets really into the spirit of the match by putting the screws to Yurika Ota.  Chihiro Hashimoto doesn't really beat the life out of 18 year old MARVELOUS rookie, Ai Houzan, so it doesn't get GREAT or anything, but there is enough to makes one's heart skip a beat when thinking about their singles match.

===============================

KiLynn King and Christi Jaynes are in a first round match to crown a new CCW champion.  This is a Northern CCW, not the Florida CCW, that King wrestles in too (which is beautifully indie).  Jaynes looks pretty good in this but I'm REALLY stoked about how much Masha Slamovich will draw out of KiLynn King.  That should fucking rule.  This is good, though.

===============================

YES! IT'S MORE GLEAT!  BULK ORCHESTRA!  T-HAWK! THE COELACANTHS! YU IZUUKA! 

• Like 1

Bear Country vs the Shook Crew:

Which leads directly into Max Caster vs DVDVR favourite (and possible legitimate psychopath) Slade:

• Like 1