DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Yuka Sakazaki gets weirder and weirder.  DZ will now identify the rest of the folks in this match.

=========================

Where has Skylar Slice been my whole life?  She has the best old school offense I've seen in a while.

===========================

Hey! Sol has a new mask.  The three rudos have matching purple evil outfits and they really bring it in the ring.  Your technicos are spectacular.  RUDOS! RUDOS! RUDOS!  EDIT:  Better version was posted.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, The Z said:

Lots of new free wrestling on the interwebs lately:

From the same Wrestle Carnival show, but this one is on the SHIMMER YouTube channel

That's a quality wrestling right there.  Hyan is on the cusp of breaking out.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Yuka Sakazaki gets weirder and weirder.  DZ will now identify the rest of the folks in this match.

Yuka Sakazaki, Suzume & Haruna Neko Vs Nodoka Tenma, Yuki Kamifuku & Arisu Endo. TJPW Roster doesn't change so much aside from few people leaving.  Yuka is just Tenryu punching.

• Like 1

GLEAT! RYUCHI KAWAKAMI! GLEAT! SHIGEHIRO IRIE! GLEAT! T-HAWK! GLEAT GLEAT GLEAT GLEAT GLEAT!

============================

Skye Blue is the slightly older, Midwestern version of Rok-C.  Katalina Perez will fucking lay it in,

Mission Pro runs Oklahoma so Danni B, Usual Okie Who Wrestles Heel In Texas. is suddenly beloved by the fans!  Because they are in Oklahoma!  Jazmin Allure is good.

• Like 1

Stardom streamed this from today,  The gymnastic and adorable Fairy woman, Natsupoi, against Mina Shirakawa.  They take it to THE STREETS!

Dark Silueta and Stephanie Vaquer are your queens of evil!  Vaquer and Jarochita trade kick ass leg submissions.  Vaquer fucking RULES.

===============================

Shinsu Girls is very indie.  It owned by a lady who wrestled 4 time in Ice Ribbon 8 years ago.  But folks showed up for the card and that's the important thing.  Makoto... mysterious.... beautiful.... is your famous person in this match.  IIII've seen Sae because I'm the only person in the universe to watch Colega pro.  Since she wrestles in Colega Pro, she has wrestled 102 this year, according to cagematch.net.  Colega Pro will help you put the time in. Konetsu and Sae show up in Pro Wrestling WAVE every now and then.  Sae's finisher is pretty nasty.

• Like 1

Star Fire returns to my internet!  The highlight of this match is Bengalee's old school tope, but the second best thing is how bad the bad girls are.

=============================

Hey! With Clementine, we have a pure babyface!  A regular British woman Jungle Boy.

==============================

Sawyer Wreck is greener than grass but man! does she already look impressive.  Will she become Vader or Brakkus?  Who could be sure?

On 9/26/2021 at 7:33 AM, DEAN said:

Dark Silueta and Stephanie Vaquer are your queens of evil!  Vaquer and Jarochita trade kick ass leg submissions.  Vaquer fucking RULES.

Stephanie Vaquer does indeed fucking rule.  Constant, fluid motion, takes charge when needed, and most important, when she gets vicious, it's all done so crisply.  I just started to notice her this year, and she's definitely someone I'm keeping my eye on going forward.  She already feels like a top star to me.  

• Like 1

Madi Wrenkowski is getting so awesome.  She is in with Thunder Rosa, who is able to get good matches out of anybody who is halfway capable, and Wrenkowski is on a hot streak of matches, so this is really good.

Houston gets to their lucha roots!

==========================

Miranda Alize is being pushed in ROH and she is good.  Vipress is the secret good wrestlier of women's indie wrestling.

• Like 2

It's Dragon Bane and Hijo de Canis Lupus as a tag team!  YAY!  Timo Cruz takes a nap in the middle of this but doesn't really affect the awesomeness of Dragon Bane.

This is batch of young indie luchadores that I watch a thousand matches of a day.  This has some cool matwork and lunatic dives that make it worth watching.  Plus it has Baby Camaleon, who is a camaleon and also an adorable baby.

I really digf Rache Chanel.  She does a dopey gimmick but also lays it the fuck in and is super athletic.  Lady Bird Monroe is inexperienced but very game and matches Chanel's stiffness.

• Like 1

Oh man, this match is awesome.  Jordan Breaks and Hakan the Peckham Playboy do a legit World of Sport style match, down to the announcer using a golf voice.  So good.  He teases a Breaks Special!

==============================

Not enough of any of the matches to really draw you in, but it does make one want to see all of Takumi Iroha vs Tam Nakano.

=================================

It's your runner-up Australian match of the year, Robbie Eagles vs Adam Brooks.  Cagematch.net says Brooks is signed to ROH but I don't recall ever seeing him.  One day, when ROH wrestles in front of people again, I will see him wrestle on my TV.  He's good.

• Like 1

Ryo Mizunami and Chihiro Hashimoto preview their dream match and Manami gets in so much offense that I'm guessing that when Manami turns 18, she will quit screaming and Hashimoto will put her over.  Manami looks great in this.  After the annoying stuff wears off.

Hey! It's Itsuki Aoki, who I haven't seen in a while.  She is teaming with Tomoko Watanabe who doesn't hit a SCREWDRIVER~! but you should watch anyway.

=============================

This is odd.  Lance Archer and Lady Frost's boyfriend have a match where Lance Archer chokeslams people in peanut costumes.  It's odd that Lance Archer is 44 years old and did a deathmatch on AEW last week.  And then I realized that Archer's partner was nine years older than him.  WE OLD PEOPLE RULE!

• Like 2

The Savage Gentleman Victor Benjamin spends most of his time on social media talking about how much he loves Peanut Butter. So Butterfinger sent him a title belt, and shortly thereafter Lance Archer decided he wanted it, because he loves peanut butter more. So yeah, they were fighting over peanuts.

• Like 1

Matt Cordona continues his domination of the indies. He is the Best Possible Eli Drake.

Kengo Mashimo wrestling in Ganbare is your pinnacle of sleazy Japanese indie wrestling.

======================

Heather Wreckless is so tough! So teeny!

• Like 1

I hope ROH signs Davienne so she and Trish Adora can beat the living breathing hell out of other on a bigger stage.

=======================

Dove Pro is a Japanese indie from Hiroshima and, boy, is it the Denny's of Japanese indies.  It does have some good wrestlers mixed in with the Secret Base and GUTS World castoffs.  Noaki Tanazaki is a good wrestler and I haven't thought about YASSHI in many many years.  Here, they have a really good Dragon Gate type match, but with more selling,

Best Body Japan Pro Wrestling is an odd offshoot of DDT, in that it's not officially DDT, but it uses a lot of DDT guys.  This match continues the Minoru Tanaka foray into BBJ so now I guess it iautomatically morphs into a DDT/GLEAT offshoot.  THE FORBIDDEN DOOR IS BLOWN OFF WORLDWIDE!  This match is the very awesome Tetsyuo Endo from DDT and some other guy against Minoru Tanaka and some other guy.  The other guys are perfectly fine.

• Like 1

I like to keep my YouTube Watch Later file under 10 matches.  It got waaaay backed up the last few days so I am FORCED to splay wrestling across this beloved thread.  I apologize in advance.  Anyhoo...

An Chamu is a Emi Sakura/Yuki Ishikawa trainee and she is just hinting at the awesomeness of her submissions.  I really dig the offbeatness of Shinshyu Girls Pro Wrestling.  It is the New Texas Pro of indie joshi wrestling.

======================

Andrade Miyagi has gotten way better since becoming the face of Ladies GLEAT.  Hibiki is a secret superworker.  Hibiki and Yarika Oka are good in the ring together.  Mika Iwasa is hell on earth- though this match is basically an Oka as Ricky Morton exercise in selling and making comebacks.

========================

Hey!  It's Brooke Valentine!  She needs to show up in my YouTube feed more often.  She lays it in.

• Like 1

Bengalee doesn't do a tope but Diosa Quetzal picks up the high spot torch!  Satania continues to be the Mexican indie Penelope Ford.

=======================

Jeez, Baby Star bumps BIG for your pleasure.  Baby Star is a star, and an adorable baby.

========================

Tina San Antonio returns to my feed!  Megan Bayne's gimmick is strange.

Chip Day is so good.  I can't believe I first heard about him last week on CWFATL.  So good!

Mei Suruga and Saki Akai are against each other in this tag match!  It's like Steiner vs Steiner!  Booker T vs Stevie Ray!

===============================

These Australian dudes are so good.  I assume they are signed to ROH.

• Like 1