DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Hey!  Some German wrestling showed up on the free internet!  The Stübing brothers are the Teutonic Batten Twins!

======================

It's Kongo versus the Aging Stars of Yesteryear!  They pummel Kendo Ka Shin enough to make this worth it.

=========================

Mysterious Q and Bryan Keith just beat the living dogshit out of each other and it rules.  The stiffness of Booker T permeates this match.  Houston brings it.

• Like 1

Oh MAN!  Madi Wrenkowski has never looked this good. Dulce Tormenta makes a great tag team partner.  The Renegade Twins will take a beating.  The best match I've seen out of Mission Pro.

Will Allday is very much the new Adam Cole.  Oh, I just realized he is wrestling CAMERON Cole. Ha!

=================

This is good despite Shun Skywalker mailing it in.  I love this building.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taiga said:

Ice Ribbon 15th Anniversary 8.9 semi main and main event Samurai TV version with some clipping. Tsukka and Matsumoto double duty!

Maaaaan, Risa Sera's finisher is gnarley.

• Like 1

There is the graceful, beautiful lucha libre and there is vicious, violent lucha libre.  This is my favorite kind.  Demonio Infernal, Fresero and LA PARK Jr are probably my favorite trio right now.

=======================

I don't know Chucho el Roto or Mr Potro from Adam, but it is mask versus mask and the HEAT is unbelievable.

==========================

That's actually Faby Apache, and this is good.

This makes me so proud to be an American.  Too bad the kids can't chant something as catchy as "U-S-A!  U-S-A!"

=====================

Carolina produces more guys who should be touring Japan for ZERO-1.  BEEF!

=====================

Hayden Ramsey is your great lost Impact Knockout.  Her and Dream Girl Ellie beat the hell out of these other two gals.

Comes a time when your drifting, comes a time when you spam the board.

This has a neato EeeeVeeel Starlight Kid against the moody and sullen Tam Nakano and also has 4 of the 6 best women's wrestlers wrestling each other.  (Your 6 best in the world in no particular order- Chihiro Hashimoto, Mio Momono, Syuri, Giulia, Utami Hayashishita and Saya Kamitani.)

This is an offbeat Thunder Rosa match as it veers wildly towards shootstyle, but she also counters Janai Kai's shootstyle stylings with super traditional lucha submissions.  Masterful!  Kinda shows you why Rosa/Baker was so good-  because Rosa can really carry folks.  Houston is a fabulous hotbed of professional wrestling.

=============================

Shijiro Ohtani has the secret best year of wrestling.  Here, he and Shigehiro Irie beat the living hell out of each other.   The two Ganbare shmoes are pretty good too.

• Like 1

There was a sudden influx of good wrestling on the internet.  It is forcing me to inundate the board with wrestling.  I am sorry.

Dulce Tormenta is the Texas version of Ren Kodakura- a good wrestler who always at least the second best wrestler in any tag match and who is quietly quite proficient in singles matches.  She wrestles wily veteran, Estrellita.  EL PASO!

===================

Future Impact Knockouts Champion Kenzie Paige Henry is a big bruiser of a wrestler.  And she's TWENTY years old.  Dani Mo is quite the good hand.

==========================

A giant wad of British wrestling has surfaced lately and these are four guys I hadn't seen before.  I was originally drawn to Billy Haze but the athleticism of the two faces take over the match.  I could see these guys in Dragon Gate.

Tasha Steelz is so good.  Here, she carries Big Swole ro the best match of her's that I've ever seen.  They need to take this match to a bigger stage.

=================

Where has Saieve Al Sabah been my whole life?  He is good.  KC Navarro is also good.

=====================

Sol is so fun. Watch him crush folks.

Oh my God!  Maddison Miles is 22 years old, from Nova Scotia and wrestles in the UK mostly,  She really fucking lays it in and I am declaring her a maple drenched future Chihiro Hashimoto.

=======================

Villano III Jr is sooooooo fucking good.  We've seen him be a total heat machine, we've seen him have a Negro Navarro World of Sport match against Ricky Marvin in a broken ring and here-  this march needs him to be a complete bump freak and THUS he brings the preposterous bumps.

More good beefy dudes from North Carolina this week are popping up this week.  Cagematch.net says Lebron Kozone wrestled on Dark once,  He should move to Houston until he can tour Japan.

You start out being annoyed with Hibiki and Andra Miyagi but the combination of Mika Iwata being fucking awesome and Yurika Oka being super ultra spunky, and Hibiki being a wildly underrated wrestler and Miyagi being vastly better since settling down as a GLEAT ladies representative, this is actually pretty great.  So weird.

====================

Oh man, Toxin is so good.  He is so fucking good in this match.  Dick Angelo is good in this too.

========================

Marty the Moth wrestles in a mall in Las Vegas and it's weirder than it sounds.

• Like 1

Aster Boy and Hijo de Alebrije do some slick highflying, while Veneno brings the Navarro matwork.

== =======================

Jake Something who I'm just noticing on Impact wrestles Booker T's champion in Texas.  It's been a Cam Cole month.  Jake is impressive in this, though they fuck up the finish.

Alejandra the Lion takes on Dinamita in a parking lot somewhere in Texas, as every square inch of Texas hosts wrestling these days.  This is fun as they brawl all over the parking lot, like two big mean ladies should do.

Today I learned that Great Khali's wrestling school is uploading matches. This has one of the most unique setup gimmicks I've ever seen, looking like a comedy caper at the end of a movie about an underground fighting ring. The match itself is ecstatic shades of green. Straight up might be one of the most fun matches I've seen all year.

• Like 1

Hey!  It's Shirley Doe!  He designed the Ken The Box shirt.  Here, he is tagging with Derrick Dillinger who I didn't realize is a COMPLETE FUCKING LUNATIC.  Note the three horrific bumps he takes before the bell even rings.  The first bump is absolutely awesome as he somehow flies like 40 feet over a row of merch tables.  Jillion stars.

======================

Chris Basso and Mike Boomer are two Australian guys I am watching for the first time.  Australia dictates that you lay it in or a poisonous spider ends up in your boot.  So, yeah, they LAY IT IN!

==================

Wads of Euro-Wrestling is flooding the free internet recently.  This is from Manchester, England and is more PWG than WoS.  Both of these guys, Kevin Lloyd and Tom Thelwell, can fucking GO!

16 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

Today I learned that Great Khali's wrestling school is uploading matches. This has one of the most unique setup gimmicks I've ever seen, looking like a comedy caper at the end of a movie about an underground fighting ring. The match itself is ecstatic shades of green. Straight up might be one of the most fun matches I've seen all year.

That is insane and awesome.  Insanawesome!

Hey!  Stardom posted yesterday's matches on Youtube.  I loved the Ice Ribbon roll-up section in the  Natsupoi/ Darkness SLK match.  It's so great to have Takumi Iroha back and Maika held up her end.  The surprise for me was how good Rina was at 14 versus Unagi Sayaka.  SAYAKA- CARRIER OF YOUTH!

=======================

Toxin is the best wrestler on the free internet and probably the world.  This match is overall NUTZ! but Toxin is the center of the craziest parts.  He is sooo good.  Everybody else in this match is also crazy and good.

================================

Dulce Tormenta, who is awesome, brings the strange micro-heat by sporting a UTEP t-shirt while wrestling in front a New Mexico St football crowd.  "HEY!  THAT'S THIRDISH LEVEL RIVAL!  BOOOO!"  So great.  Lady Diamond is wrestled around.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

The surprise for me was how good Rina was at 14 versus Unagi Sayaka.  SAYAKA- CARRIER OF YOUTH!

Its not that surprising. You have to keep in mind Rina is actually the more experienced of the two. All of Stardom's teens started out as kids. Ruaka is hitting five years in November, Hanan hit 4 back in April, her sisters hit 3 in October though they started with exhibitions matches earlier than that. They are "rookies" only due to age.

• Like 1

Unbelievably, La Rosa Negra and Holidead beat the living hell out of each other.  HOUSTON!

More Euro-Grappling on the internet, as Toni Harding and Marius Al-Ani square up in Germany.  The Style is like Davey Richards against Davey Richards, but at OktoberFest.  It's good.

===========================

El Paso is a burgeoning lucha hotbed.  Here, the children of El Paso get the thrill of being almost crushed alive by flying men in masks.  It toughens them up to face the stark summers of Texas.  When I was 3, I remember living in Witchita Falls and hiding behind a couch cushion because an evil Dusty Rhodes was yelling through the TV.  Same thing.

• Like 2

I don't remember them wrestling when Cage was on Impact, but Swann is pretty great bumping gigantic for him.  HEY!  Christian drops the Impact strap to Brian and eventually Swann gets his win back from this and it all comes full circle!  When I was 15,  I spent a summer in Fort Pierce, Florida woth my cousin, working in his orange groves.  This is in the same county, Port St Lucie!   Synchronicity!

It's Baby Star!  Truly he is a star... AND A BABY!  An adorable baby....

============================

Khali's fed in India brings up more questions than answers.  Why the lady in the corner of the ring behind police tape?  Why the beck brace?  This feels a lot like 1995 ECW and thus it is awesome.   Plus, they lay it in.

Vanity is one of the better indie wrestlers slogging it out in the Northeast.  Here, she carries The Redneck Chick Izzy McKoy, who makes this match transcendent by hitting an awesome old school Meat Cleaver.  It's awesome!

=====================

I was trying to remember where I'd seen O'Shea Edwards before, because he is big, burly man who lays it in and I was like, "Oh yeah, he was on ROH once that I saw."  This is a good hoss battle.

======================

Madi Wrenkowski is so good in the indies now.  She brings a really great energy now.  The more I see Ivelisse, the more I wish she and AEW would  bury rhe hatchet.