DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
On 8/2/2021 at 2:39 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

CMLL uploaded Friday’s show, and the main event is the first thing in a long time you should go out of your way to see from them. Skip to the last 30 minutes, and don’t bother with the rest.

This and Bandido v Volador jr are the best CMLL matches I've seen this year.

I wish they'd put the full version of this match (from February) on YouTube, but I suppose this will have to do:

SNOW BUMPS~!

Masato Tanaka vs. Fuminori Abe:

I have been waiting for this match to show up online. This is very good!

I guess this dude is just uploading full shows to YouTube now:

Day 1 has Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Hajime Ohara (starting at 1:15:30). Nakajima matches are always worth watching.

The Semi-Main and Main Event of Day 2 are both well worth seeing:

Takashi Sugiura & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Masato Tanaka & Masaaki Mochizuki (1:48:00)

Keiji Muto, Masakatsu Funaki & Naomichi Marufuji  vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenou & Manabu Soya (2:09:30)

Edited by The Z
  • Like 2

Oh my GOD, Uncle Mikey and the Skimahorns are the most Memphis things to ever come out of Arkansas.  The Skimahorns aren't afraid of the Murderhawk!  So great, so Krispy Kreme on Tosh.O.

==========================

Speaking of Memphis wrestlers out of Arkansas, Nikki Lane is 37 years old and has been wrestling for 21 years, but only 8 matches show up on cagematch.net.  Heather Monroe is your TRUE queen of the indies.  They take it to the STREETZ early but not often enough.

=======================

DIG THE MILITARS!

12 hours ago, The Z said:

Masato Tanaka vs. Fuminori Abe:

I have been waiting for this match to show up online. This is very good!

OH MAN!! THE FINISH!

• Like 2

Backwoods Mississippi at a National Guard Armory infront of a bit less than 80 people

Vladimir(Trained by Alabama Doink) Koloff vs The Ring Wrecker Vordell Walker. Vlad is the Battlezone Championship Wrestling Brass Knuckles Champion and defends his title in this Street Fight that spills outside and up a staircase.

• Like 1

From same show as Vordell vs Vlad...

Battlezone Championship Wrestling Presents

Back to School Bash August 8th 2021

National Guard Armory Columbia Mississippi

The 3rd match on the card.

Xtian Blake,been around LA/MS/AL/FL for close to 7 years and a face,vs Sammy Riot,youngster legit nephew of another guy also a face.

This is fun.  Nuevo Poder del Norte are the most dynamic rudos. Octagon Jr is your technico on the rise.

==========================

Hijo del Vikingo is the craziest highflier in the world.  Here he is being all crazy and shit.

================

This NOAH Juniors 6 man is preposterously STIFF.

9 hours ago, D.Z said:

Yuki Arai rewatch. She's gonna be a big deal.

yamashita-arai.jpg

This match does show that she will take an assbeating like a champ.

• Like 1

I see that Mickie Knuckles is still laying it in,

=======================

One would expect that Gravity would supply the zaniest dive but Cometa Maya is one who goes crazy in this match.  El Bendito is your rising star at rudo.

======================

This can't be the same WrestleForce but they do bring the quite good Mariah May and Chakara so we will always have that.

OH Wow Wrestling WOW got this match. Last month Battlezone brought in the Rock N Roll Express. Match was suppose to be the main event. But between the VIP early entry and when the first match started at 730pm Ricky and Robert had sold everything they had,plus Ricky had  a 600 mile drive. So Leading Edge,made up of MS vets Monty Warbucks and Calvin Rose, agreed to move the match to the one right before intermission.

Not sure,haven't watched all this version,but after the match Ricky got on the mic talked about working nearby towns while in Watt's Mid South. "Hell we are in the WWE HOF and never worked there!" Few of us were like didn;t they work there while in SMW and then later on as part of the short lived NWA invasion?

• Like 1

Florida Indie Ignite Wrestling uses a lot of the AEW Dark unsigned roster, lots of Kilynn King on their channel. But this match doesn't feature any of them, as it's Hawlee Cromwell & Aspyn Rose vs Chelsea Durden & Kelsey Raegan.

• Like 1

Of course, the best thing is Saya Kamitani versus Tam Nakano but my personal highlight is Koguma giving tough gals Giulia and Syuri the double noggin knocker and them having to sell it.  NUMBER ONE and THE BEST!

========================

Baby Star is a star and also an adorable baby.  Black Shadow II is a black shadow and also an adorable fatboy.  And the return of Sol!

=======================

I'm new to this Brandi Lauren person, but seems to be pretty good.  According to cagematch.net, she is on the fringes of the WWE.  Ashley D'Ambroise is wrestling beyond her years.

• Like 1

Pretty much the two best women wrestler on earth with good teen wrestler Manami and very good wrestler Shindo have a match where utter destroyer Chihiro Hashimoto destroys folks.  Mio Momono needs to come to the US and make some money.

=================================

I had totally forgotten the awesomeness of Ohara Hajime.  Here he is, laying it in.

===========================

I think we are on the precipice of a Ray Lyn hot streak.  It starts with this match against Natalia Markova.

• Like 1

Impact needs to sign Kenzie Paige Henry just so she and Deonna Purrazzo can beat the crud out of each other on a bigger stage. Please enjoy the smaller stage crud beating...

======================

Okay, the Skimahorns are the best indie scrawny redneck heel tagteam around.  Watch them bump for these guys.

=======================

Man, I have no idea what Bengalee was trying to do but JESUS! it looks nasty.

Toxin as a technico is hiilarious.  He just beats the shit out of the "rudos".  Aster Boy is indiespectacular.

=========================

Chakara and Mariah May wrestle again and this time they go more World Of Sport so this is a better match than the last one we saw.  Chakara is growing on me.

===============================

I guess I'll have to start watching MLW again.  This is good.

• Like 1

I’m really not much for nostalgia.  At least in terms of rewatching a lot of the stuff I saw growing up.  Meanwhile I do have something of a thirst for stuff from the era I might have missed.  So YouTube is ripe with boatloads of old house shows.  Results may vary.  But this might be one of the best in totality.  

It’s got a fantastic Valentine vs. Patterson match for the IC belt.  Another Hogan/Orndorff pre-86 that’s pretty good.  A fun angle where Tiger Chung Lee gets turned on by Fuji.  Piper and Snuka right after the coconut incident.  It features probably the best most hilarious ref bump ever.  And lastly a great tag title match with Adonis and Murdoch vs. Brian Blair and Bob Backlund.  

You want this.