Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Some short NJPW singles matches with Vets vs Young Lions

NJPW Summer Struggle 2021

Kazuchika Okada vs Yuya Uemura

Tetsuya Naito vs Yota Tsuji 

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Oh man, two craziest highflyers in indie lucha take on the best rudo and the son of Dr Wagner Jr.  Toxin beating the dogshit out of Alebrije is your highlight of the day.  So awesome.

================================

Katalina Perez and Tesha Price battle it out in the parking lot of Daly's Place, as every square inch of Jacksonville hosts some sort of wrestling now.  It's like a mini-Texas.

========================

I'm starting to really dig the IWRG wrestling turtles.  They are good mean rudos.  The reel in the hilariously fruity embellishments of the fabulous Astrolux.

NOAH

Big dimes Fujita and Kendo

Big dimes Muta working twitter to a seethe..

Kaito Kiyomiya & Atsushi Kotoge vs. Great Muta & NOSAWA Rongai

GHC HW Naomichi Marufuji (c) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

When did freakin' CMLL end up getting the best camerawork and production in all of wrestling?!

I’ve always felt that way, even in the 90’s. Whoever was working with them from Galavision back in the day would always get creative with the camera, and production techniques. They’ve probably retained some of the same people. They did used to go to crowd shots randomly, but that turned out to be them sneaking in(poorly) edits. AAA’s TV production always sucked on the other hand. Their crowd shots mostly happed because they really needed to show some lady with big knockers. The differences were probably because they were always on the road, and CMLL is very stationary.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

CMLL also doesn't have much crowd to look at anymore, so there you go.

I think I've got the NOAH English announcers' accents partially figured out: the higher pitched guy is Scottish and the lower one is Scottish/Indian. 

God, Ka Shin does a rolling cradle now. At least he ends it with a heel hook. He also gets slapped by Sugiura, because he is Kendo Ka Shin and he is an idiot.

Sakuraba/Marufuji is wonderfully weird. Even the strike exchange has Saku using Mongolian chops and then, after all the blood vessels in his chest break, this freak turns around and gives Maru his back instead. Watch this one. 

The cherry on top is definitely the other tag, wherein Kiyomiya decides he is gonna make a Muta match a real Muta match by blading like a suicidal teenager and getting a full 10 on the Scale. (BTW, I wonder if Muta knows we have a Muta Scale? Hmmm...) We also get multiple moonsaults and multiple mistings and the Indian announcer completely marking out to be calling the match. He starts at one point mumbling "you know it's been a rough year...", suddenly stops and then he's back into it losing his shit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think I've got the NOAH English announcers' accents partially figured out: the higher pitched guy is Scottish and the lower one is Scottish/Indian. 

Careful, on the previous NOAH shows the announce team was Stewart Fulton & Mark Pickering. Stewart Fulton is Scottish, Mark Pickering is Welsh.

On the more recent NOAH shows (like this one) the announce team was Mark Pickering & Bailyan Akki. Baliyan Akki is a wrestler from India who lives in Japan and apparently also does commentary now.

• Like 1

Heather Monroe is back in Texas wrestling Lady Frost in a Texas Death Match!  TEXAS!  MONROE! FROST!

===========================

Danni Bee really hates Texas now, to the point of getting a T-shirt printed!  Teen sensation, Billie Starkz, is from Indiana so she doesn't really get offended.  Starkz is fucking AWESOME for someone who can't go to an R rated movie without a parent or guardian.

===============================

Matt Cross is in Alaska!

2 hours ago, The Z said:

Careful, on the previous NOAH shows the announce team was Stewart Fulton & Mark Pickering. Stewart Fulton is Scottish, Mark Pickering is Welsh.

On the more recent NOAH shows (like this one) the announce team was Mark Pickering & Bailyan Akki. Baliyan Akki is a wrestler from India who lives in Japan and apparently also does commentary now.

Ah, thank you! I thought we had talked about a Welsh guy before. 

6 hours ago, Taiga said:

Dragon Gate Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival day 2 8.1 semi main event and main event + Yoshino retirement ceremony

This match is so good.  I guess Shun Skywalker is on a hot streak.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The cherry on top is definitely the other tag, wherein Kiyomiya decides he is gonna make a Muta match a real Muta match by blading like a suicidal teenager and getting a full 10 on the Scale. (BTW, I wonder if Muta knows we have a Muta Scale? Hmmm...) We also get multiple moonsaults and multiple mistings and the Indian announcer completely marking out to be calling the match. He starts at one point mumbling "you know it's been a rough year...", suddenly stops and then he's back into it losing his shit. 

JEZUS CRIPES THAT'S A LOT OF BLOOD!

• Like 2

Motherfucking Match of the Year.  Baby Xtreme is Xtreme but also is an adorable baby.  Villano III Jr is so fucking good in this.  They beat the shit out of each other all over the arena and it is so fucking good.  The finish is fucking awesome.  This whole match is fucking awesome.  There.  I said it.  MATCH OF THE MOTHERFUCKING YEAR.

================================

Hey!  I know the names of four of the six guys in this match- Akiyama, Takeshita, Endo and Ueno.  I had to look up who Higuchi and Yoshimura were.  Out of the six, Ueno stands out the most in the match.  He s all slick and flamboyant.

=====================

My jury is still out about Delmi Exo.  I do dig Davienne.

• Like 1

Evil Starlight Kid is very fun.  Cosmic Angels go at it!  Mina Shirakawa and Unagi Sayaka I did not have to look up on cagematch.net.  I just lied.

===========================

Come for the Heather Monroe/Nikki Layne fight through the crowd, stay for the Skimahorns on commentary calling their Uncle Mikey's match.

=============================

Soooooooo Riley Shepherd RULES now?

• Like 1

This match is really good.  ASUKA brings out a vicious streak in Rin Kodakura I haven't seen before.  Quality ass stomping.

========================

This is some great Houston wrestling T-Ray and Lee Moriarty need to be in next years ZERO-1 Fire Festival.  I don't see these guys style getting over anywhere else initially. So good.

=================================

Fresero Jr and Demonio Infernal conjure up tons of mayhem but Atomic Star bleeds like a fucking FREAK in this. Fun fun FUN!

• Like 1

Baby Star is a star and he is also an adorable baby.  Awwwwwww, little baby...

===================

Man, these Australian gals fucking lay it in.  Kellyanne throws preposterously great punches.

=============================

The second Tina San Antonio match shows up on the internet this year!  Ashley D'Ambroise is good beyond her years.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:39 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

CMLL uploaded Friday’s show, and the main event is the first thing in a long time you should go out of your way to see from them. Skip to the last 30 minutes, and don’t bother with the rest.

If you look around the VideosOficialesCMLL Youtube homepage, take a gander at the views for most videos, which tend to hover anywhere from 4k to about 11-15k, no matter what the theme or event may be.  

This one is 92,000 views and counting.  

Dear CMLL:  the numbers don't lie.  Titan vs. Templario is a match, and for that matter, these are the type of luchadors, that people genuinely want to see.  

Edited by Evil Otto