DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

On 2/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, nofuture said:

The joshi forbidden door has been opened.  Stardom's Momo Wantanabe and Saya Iida vs Seadlinnng's Arisa Nakajima and Nanae Takahashi

Just adding my name to the list of those that dug this. It had the hateful stiffness I was hoping to see from an inter-promotional tag. A part of me wishes Stardom would do stuff like this slightly more often if only for matches like this and the Oedo Tai vs. Hashimoto/Dash tag in Sendai from a few years back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Maki Itoh doing Gran Naniwa tribute spots warm the heart.

Mine too. She did an interview over zoom or whatever recently with Delfin and they were talking about moves she could try. I was a little disappointed with the poor timing from Delfin on the "accidental" Itoh mishaps but it was still pretty fun. And the finish was nice and maybe the start of a career arc change for Itoh. 

Here's a quality indie I'd never seen before- Niigata Pro Wrestling.  According to cagematch.net, they run with Big Japan semi-regularly so that explains Hideyoshi Kamitani, Kazumi Kikuta and frickin Ryuchi Kawakami showing up on this, bringing the Strong Style with them.  PLUS DASH Chisako wrestles a Sendai rookie and Chihiro Hashimoto shows up and wrestles 16 year old Manami, who shows her fighting spirit and whatnot.  YEAAAAAAA!

============================

The PPP Bar and Grill has laaadies in the cage again.

=================================

The PPP Bar and Grill has dudes wrestling in the cage again,

• Like 1

Misa Matsui is a goofy 20 year old.  Here she is giving the business to Yuko Sakurai as Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP! continues to showboat the ActWres girl'Z.

=======================

Some Colega Pro with many of the Strong Hearts, Shugehiro Irie but no T-Hawk.

=====================

More Colega Pro with Strong Hearts.  Shigehiro Irie but still no T-Hawk.

• Like 1

I didn't know that AZM was only 18 years old.  WILD!  She has a good match with veteran judo girl Koari Yoneyama.  The Giulia/Natsuko Tora was the best possible Shark Tsuchiya match.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLTrJQlc8lA

Full VKF show from today. Everything's a bit short due to curfew constraints and its single-camera but it gets the job done. Also apparently the last ever match for the old INFINITY tag team of Black Buffalo & Tsubasa, so that's one to look out for for the Osaka Pro fans. This will probably get taken down in a few days if its like the last show, so eat it while its hot

• Like 1

Hey!  Best Body Japan Pro Wrestling posted their 1/27/2021 card onto YouTube. Rina Shingaki and Toru Owashi and that really skinny woman from DDT wrestle on this.  OH YEAH!

EDIT:  The finish for the main event is AWESOME.

=======================

Makoto.... beautiful.... mysterious.... cage.... PPP...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, D.Z said:

AJPW

Purple Haze (Izanagi & Zeus) (c) vs. Purple Haze (Shigehiro Irie & UTAMARO)

Man, the Irie/Zeus sections of this match are so fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

To be honest I don't really know, I am not well versed on Jimi Hendrix songs. 

Evolution vs. NEXTREAM

This match is awesome.

• Like 1