DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

TNA-era Scott Steiner was endlessly entertaining on the mic, definitely my favorite era of Steiner talking shit. 

He got away from WHITE TRASH as a spam insult and went full-on juvenile dickhead with delusions of grandeur. 

I prefer Steiner Math, which is absolutely batshit, but @caley's preference is a good one as well. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AxB said:

WWE signed Priscilla Kelly, Elayna Black and Lacey Ryan. They all have new names now. Really odd how that goes in waves... Shotzi Blackheart didn't have to change hers.

edit: Zoey Stark, Gigi Dolin and Cora Page, apparently.

Wish it was Impact or AEW, but happy for Lacey Ryan. Thought she was excellent in her brief Impact appearances early last year and I know she impressed in her SHIMMER debut a few months back. 

If there was an episode of the Big Show Show where he went to visit Cody and Snoop on that talent show they do, would the resultant crossover be called the Go Big Big Show Show Show?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If there was an episode of the Big Show Show where he went to visit Cody and Snoop on that talent show they do, would the resultant crossover be called the Go Big Big Show Show Show?

The Big Show Show Goes to the Go Big Show, Starring The Big Show

• Like 1

There's just got to be a happy medium between playing video games and streaming them w / or to your friends AND dying of overdose in a questionable hotel with questionable company! Those just can't be the only options, right?

Even dying of video game overdose with your friends is not a good enough option for me!

12 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

There's just got to be a happy medium between playing video games and streaming them w / or to your friends AND dying of overdose in a questionable hotel with questionable company! Those just can't be the only options, right?

Even dying of video game overdose with your friends is not a good enough option for me!

FYI - your original post didnt get deleted. It just got moved to the podcast thread where the rest of that discussion went.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

FYI - your original post didnt get deleted. It just got moved to the podcast thread where the rest of that discussion went.

Oops, I didn't know it was a podcast discussion that I was commenting on. I just figured it was the usual talk on the chasm between the current generation of workers and the way it used to be. I blamed my ancient phone and wrote the reply again. Sorry , nothing to see here! Moving along . ..

Joey Ryan's lawsuit against Allie Kat was resolved yesterday.  Basically, Allie Kat failed to respond to the complaint or appear in court, so the judge ruled in Ryan's favor without hearing the case (default judgment).  Allie Kat is now liable for whatever amount Joey was suing her for ($6+ million?  I haven't followed the case or the allegations that led to it).

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Important points from SoCal that were the two follow up tweets

The image in the screenshot isn’t actually a default judgment, it’s an entry of default, which is the first step to obtaining a default judgment. The good news is that an entry of default is easier to set aside than a default judgment. Ryan still has to prove the amount of his damages, so the default judgment hearing would have to be entered by a judge rather than the clerk. 

I haven’t been following this, so it’s possible he’s already gotten a default judgment too, but the screenshot in the tweet isn’t a judgment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

The image in the screenshot isn’t actually a default judgment, it’s an entry of default, which is the first step to obtaining a default judgment. The good news is that an entry of default is easier to set aside than a default judgment. Ryan still has to prove the amount of his damages, so the default judgment hearing would have to be entered by a judge rather than the clerk. 

I haven’t been following this, so it’s possible he’s already gotten a default judgment too, but the screenshot in the tweet isn’t a judgment.

I trust a man named Jonny Law about some law ish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nate said:

I trust a man named Jonny Law about some law ish.

I was responsible for scheduling and documenting required training at work. The corporate lawyer had online training every other year from Law.com. Sounded very official to me.

42 minutes ago, ka-to said:

I was responsible for scheduling and documenting required training at work. The corporate lawyer had online training every other year from Law.com. Sounded very official to me.

Oh please know I was being serious.

Granted, for a while I would have trusted @NikoBaltimoreabout some medical ish back when he was "NickMD", until I realized MD meant Maryland.

*thinking about changing my name to "NateForensicPsych"

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, nate said:

Granted, for a while I would have trusted @NikoBaltimoreabout some medical ish back when he was "NickMD", until I realized MD meant Maryland.

@NikoBaltimore's medical expertise revolves around spraying Windex on any skin condition.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, nate said:

I'm definitely not changing my name to PetrolAxB. Gimmick infringement, innit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4