DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Sammy really not letting the Dominic Dijakovic thing go.

I get it but at the same time Dominic did go low with the talking about rape part.  So in this case I think it was justified.

But if that doesn't appeal to you then there's always more footage of -1 berating the Dark Order and dragging Marko around.  Plus I dare say for a kid that STF on him wasn't half bad.

I will concede that when Born Simpleton was doing the strong man skits backstage, tipping ambulances and lighting rigs over and that (and shouting "I'm finishing on you!" or whatever it was) that was entertaining to a degree. But they never did that stuff on the stage in front of fans, which does strongly imply it was at least partly a smoke and mirrors thing.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

I will concede that when Born Simpleton was doing the strong man skits backstage, tipping ambulances and lighting rigs over and that (and shouting "I'm finishing on you!" or whatever it was) that was entertaining to a degree. But they never did that stuff on the stage in front of fans, which does strongly imply it was at least partly a smoke and mirrors thing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU

Which, of course they fucking ran into the ground. Him destroying Roman for multiple segments on an episode of Raw was amazing. Then he fucking launched Roman strapped to a stretched. That alone would have been just enough. I remember watching that episode live as it happened and laughing my ass off at how awesome it all was. I even remember joking that it would be awesome if Strowman attacked him again in the ambulance and then out comes Strowman who then flips over the ambulance. They should have put the title on Braun the next week and strike while the iron is hot. Fans chanting "YOU DESERVE IT" and "THANK YOU BRAUN" was hilarious.

That whole feud with Roman was great. It was the rare bit of good booking during that period. And it was a feud that I think Braun won against Roman.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Born Simpleton is one of my favourites. Cheers my fellow Brit!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WWE signed Priscilla Kelly, Elayna Black and Lacey Ryan. They all have new names now. Really odd how that goes in waves... Shotzi Blackheart didn't have to change hers.

edit: Zoey Stark, Gigi Dolin and Cora Page, apparently.

Edited by AxB

26 minutes ago, AxB said:

WWE signed Priscilla Kelly, Elayna Black and Lacey Ryan. They all have new names now. Really odd how that goes in waves... Shotzi Blackheart didn't have to change hers.

edit: Zoey Stark, Gigi Dolin and Cora Page, apparently.

Zoey Stark? Is WWE using the Disney Channel name generator now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No, not Jim Neidhart. We're talking about Beef Souvlaki.

Oh, you wonderful Greek you.  Still one my favorites.  Speaking of which I had that last Friday at this place near me and they put some weird spice that threw the tzaziki off.  So guess I'm not going there again.

• Like 1

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-best-matches-2020-boneyard-match-sasha-banks-bayley-roman-reigns-edge-randy-orton-aj-styles/#10

Cool 10 best matches of 2020 on the free version of the Network, Includes Walter vs Ilja Dragunov , Finn Balor vs Kyle O'riely from take over, Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte from WM, Bayley vs Sasha Hell in the cell, and The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever

On 1/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, Technico Support said:

75% memes

15% Seinfeld jokes

1% shitting on Cody

22.3% Scott Steiner Math

I think at least 5% have become "I'm never watching WWE again because..." posts, too.

As an aside, the Scott Steiner math promo is funny but I always felt the Dudley Boyz "fat asses" promo was even funnier/better

"The only chance you have you have no chance but if you had a chance is you could run lickety-split but you can't run because you've got those FAAAAT ASSES."

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-best-matches-2020-boneyard-match-sasha-banks-bayley-roman-reigns-edge-randy-orton-aj-styles/#10

Cool 10 best matches of 2020 on the free version of the Network, Includes Walter vs Ilja Dragunov , Finn Balor vs Kyle O'riely from take over, Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte from WM, Bayley vs Sasha Hell in the cell, and The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever

FYI, for those that haven’t seen that one...

Spoiler

It’s not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1