DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

No, I mean I'm sorry for what we all did by taking something funny and just completely overdoing it to the point where people get annoyed.

Why? Fox has been doing that for decades and they've yet to apologize. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Eh...the guy tweeted some bootstraps bullshit in response to indy wrestlers asking for help during the pandemic when they couldn't get bookings.  Typical "born on third base, acts like he hit a triple" shit you hear from guys like him.  He deserves all the goofing he gets and then some.

So, we can go back to the funny names for Braun? I'll start with Baby Snowshoes.

• Haha 1

The other thing in the D&D game was, right after they'd established the Goliath looked like Braun, someone (Orange Cassidy I think) asked "Is he wearing a MAGA hat?".

So, if you just watch the last 90 seconds or so of this:

Sammy really not letting the Dominic Dijakovic thing go.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

1% shitting on Cody

See, this is probably at least a half-percent too much. Last I saw him, Cody could cut a hell of a promo. He's all hat and no cattle, but that's better than Braun Strowman, who has neither hat nor cattle as far as I'm concerned. I don't even think this dude is on the ranch. He's basically one of the ranch hands from Hey Dude! on his best day. 

Hold on, I seem to have lost track of this metaphor. Well, you get what I'm saying here. 

Yeehaw.

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Who?

I don't recognize this "joke" as, unlike the post that submits that the joke was funny until it was run into the ground, I submit that it was never funny at all. 

I'm always down for a choice Seinfeld reference, though. Or, you know, to mix it up, maybe a choice Larry Sanders Show reference. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

No joke.
We are talking about Raw superstar, and former Wyatt Family member, Big Salad

giphy.gif

This post is like when The Roots and Elvis Costello did a collaborative album.

Like ehhhhh...on second thought, let's keep 'em apart from one another. 

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Sammy really not letting the Dominic Dijakovic thing go.

I get it but at the same time Dominic did go low with the talking about rape part.  So in this case I think it was justified.

But if that doesn't appeal to you then there's always more footage of -1 berating the Dark Order and dragging Marko around.  Plus I dare say for a kid that STF on him wasn't half bad.

I will concede that when Born Simpleton was doing the strong man skits backstage, tipping ambulances and lighting rigs over and that (and shouting "I'm finishing on you!" or whatever it was) that was entertaining to a degree. But they never did that stuff on the stage in front of fans, which does strongly imply it was at least partly a smoke and mirrors thing.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

I will concede that when Born Simpleton was doing the strong man skits backstage, tipping ambulances and lighting rigs over and that (and shouting "I'm finishing on you!" or whatever it was) that was entertaining to a degree. But they never did that stuff on the stage in front of fans, which does strongly imply it was at least partly a smoke and mirrors thing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU

Which, of course they fucking ran into the ground. Him destroying Roman for multiple segments on an episode of Raw was amazing. Then he fucking launched Roman strapped to a stretched. That alone would have been just enough. I remember watching that episode live as it happened and laughing my ass off at how awesome it all was. I even remember joking that it would be awesome if Strowman attacked him again in the ambulance and then out comes Strowman who then flips over the ambulance. They should have put the title on Braun the next week and strike while the iron is hot. Fans chanting "YOU DESERVE IT" and "THANK YOU BRAUN" was hilarious.

That whole feud with Roman was great. It was the rare bit of good booking during that period. And it was a feud that I think Braun won against Roman.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Born Simpleton is one of my favourites. Cheers my fellow Brit!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1