DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

I also feel bad about the Braun Strowman thing. I think I was the first to just calling him different name after different name ala the Space Mutiny episode of MST3K. And then others quickly did, which made me happy that there were so many others on here fans of that episode (Slab Hunk! Big McLargehuge! Blast Hardcheese!). Then it continued and we ran it into the ground. Plus, Braun actually got really good and goofing on the dude's name lost its luster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I also feel bad about the Braun Strowman thing. I think I was the first to just calling him different name after different name ala the Space Mutiny episode of MST3K. And then others quickly did, which made me happy that there were so many others on here fans of that episode (Slab Hunk! Big McLargehuge! Blast Hardcheese!). Then it continued and we ran it into the ground. Plus, Braun actually got really good and goofing on the dude's name lost its luster.

Eh...the guy tweeted some bootstraps bullshit in response to indy wrestlers asking for help during the pandemic when they couldn't get bookings.  Typical "born on third base, acts like he hit a triple" shit you hear from guys like him.  He deserves all the goofing he gets and then some.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 15

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Eh...the guy tweeted some bootstraps bullshit in response to indy wrestlers asking for help during the pandemic when they couldn't get bookings.  Typical "born on third base, acts like he hit a triple" shit you hear from guys of like him.  He deserves all the goofing he gets and then some.

No, I mean I'm sorry for what we all did by taking something funny and just completely overdoing it to the point where people get annoyed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

No, I mean I'm sorry for what we all did by taking something funny and just completely overdoing it to the point where people get annoyed.

Why? Fox has been doing that for decades and they've yet to apologize. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Eh...the guy tweeted some bootstraps bullshit in response to indy wrestlers asking for help during the pandemic when they couldn't get bookings.  Typical "born on third base, acts like he hit a triple" shit you hear from guys like him.  He deserves all the goofing he gets and then some.

So, we can go back to the funny names for Braun? I'll start with Baby Snowshoes.

• Haha 1

The other thing in the D&D game was, right after they'd established the Goliath looked like Braun, someone (Orange Cassidy I think) asked "Is he wearing a MAGA hat?".

So, if you just watch the last 90 seconds or so of this:

Sammy really not letting the Dominic Dijakovic thing go.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

75% memes

15% Seinfeld jokes

1% shitting on Cody

22.3% Scott Steiner Math

Which categories do punches, missile dropkicks, outstanding air bills owed to Mark Henry, Cesaro and Davey Richards fall under?

Speaking of Block Stedman, where is he these days? Shock Rumble return incoming?

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

1% shitting on Cody

See, this is probably at least a half-percent too much. Last I saw him, Cody could cut a hell of a promo. He's all hat and no cattle, but that's better than Braun Strowman, who has neither hat nor cattle as far as I'm concerned. I don't even think this dude is on the ranch. He's basically one of the ranch hands from Hey Dude! on his best day. 

Hold on, I seem to have lost track of this metaphor. Well, you get what I'm saying here. 

Yeehaw.

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Who?

I don't recognize this "joke" as, unlike the post that submits that the joke was funny until it was run into the ground, I submit that it was never funny at all. 

I'm always down for a choice Seinfeld reference, though. Or, you know, to mix it up, maybe a choice Larry Sanders Show reference. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I don't recognize this "joke" as, unlike the post that submits that the joke was funny until it was run into the ground, I submit that it was never funny at all. 

I'm always down for a choice Seinfeld reference, though. Or, you know, to mix it up, maybe a choice Larry Sanders Show reference. 

No joke.
We are talking about Raw superstar, and former Wyatt Family member, Big Salad

giphy.gif

Edited by L_W_P
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

No joke.
We are talking about Raw superstar, and former Wyatt Family member, Big Salad

giphy.gif

This post is like when The Roots and Elvis Costello did a collaborative album.

Like ehhhhh...on second thought, let's keep 'em apart from one another.