DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently Matthew McConaughey did an interview with Maria Menounos and said he is interested in doing a wrestling match

Matthew McConaughey vs. Nick Gage in GCW.

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Twitter spat between T-Bar and Sammy Guavara has escalated.

Just checked and it looks like the tweet was deleted. Which is for the best considering that last sentence. Yikes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Twitter spat between T-Bar and Sammy Guavara has escalated.

I'm sure Sasha Banks loved that Dijak used the rape jokes made about her to try and win a Twitter beef.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Just checked and it looks like the tweet was deleted. Which is for the best considering that last sentence. Yikes. 

I'm guessing Dijakovic deleted the tweet where he attacked Sammy for joking about Rape because he was getting hundreds of replies accusing him of happily sharing a locker room with multiple accused rapists.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I just remembered he put that tweet out last year with some nationalistic messages that got him in hot water.  So Kenny referring to him as Dominick Dickhead might be accurate after all.

EDIT:  I'm not that creative when it comes to song lyrics.  But if somebody did a song based off of "Dominic the donkey" with that nickname for Dijak then I will love them forever for it.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Lita on the Live Sex Celebration 15 years ago. NSFW.

Spoiler

ErnT9UXXcAMbzE0?format=jpg&name=large

I knew of the segment but I've never seen it. I wasn't aware that Edge, Cena, Lita and others in the back didn't want the segment to happen yet it still did. Fuck sakes.

Edited by The Natural

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yikes indeed. This reply stood out:

ErmE-U8VcAEbS9u?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Man should think before he tweets.

Hide contents

D36floIX4AAvTzT?format=jpg&name=large

What a dickhead. It reminds me how Kevin Owens fucking destroyed Jaxson Ryker. Enjoy:

Spoiler

Another reason why I'm a KO fan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Frankly, all of this is why trying to separate politics from wrestling is extremely difficult. It's a form of entertainment many of us love that is filled with some really wonderful people and some truly abhorrent people, and unfortunately the reality is that so many folks are willing to be open about their politics that it's impossible to separate the performance from the performer. To a lot of us, I would even say the majority on here, we see Kevin Owens say shit like that and we love it... and of course there is the flip (Gordon?) side.

It's not like other arts don't suffer from the same thing. It is what it is, and really always has been. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

And there's always Havohej 

R-542824-1339253120-1318.jpeg.jpg

I've never understood what is so Satanic about standing in a field of cattails but that's just me

No you see, the point is that dude is SO fucking Satanic that he can even be in a field of cattails and be alllllll about the dark lord. It would be even better if there was another record with the cover having him in a candy shop or something screaming at his hands yet again. All Satan Everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Frankly, all of this is why trying to separate politics from wrestling is extremely difficult. It's a form of entertainment many of us love that is filled with some really wonderful people and some truly abhorrent people, and unfortunately the reality is that so many folks are willing to be open about their politics that it's impossible to separate the performance from the performer. To a lot of us, I would even say the majority on here, we see Kevin Owens say shit like that and we love it... and of course there is the flip (Gordon?) side.

It's really not that hard.  People make it hard by insisting they be the only voice in the room and feeling entitled to shout down any opinion they don't agree with. 

When I was younger, I used to enjoy debating politics.  Sadly, both parties have done their darnest to kill intelligent debate about issues and philosophical differences.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Eoae said:

People make it hard by insisting they be the only voice in the room and feeling entitled to shout down any opinion they don't agree with. 

This you? ? 

On 1/11/2021 at 3:48 PM, Eoae said:

Did I miss the report linking Ricochet’a group to Covid or can you just not help yourself?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

This you? ? 

Yes, and I should have deleted that post before I hit enter.  I'm not perfect, but most of the time I try to avoid being sucked into pointless internet arguments.  In my defense, I've had a few mild dustups with Casey so he's hardly in a position to complain.  He's called me out a number of times for offenses like enjoying Black Friday shopping.  

I'd say 8 or 9 times out of 10, I show better judgement.   I do better with Twitter and such than I do with this board, for whatever reason.  To be honest, I probably act up more than I used to.  Since the pandemic started, my stress level has rocketed to scary levels and I sometimes feel like I dislike everything and everyone.  

Edited by Eoae

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Wanting to do Black Friday shopping amid a global pandemic*

But anyway.

IIRC, i said I missed Black Friday shopping because this is the first year our family didn't go out together and will probably be the last time given the age of my children and such.  You're misrepresenting my comment.

I'm done with this, by the way.  I apologize for disrupting the board.

Edited by Eoae