DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

49 minutes ago, AxB said:

Don Callis is using The Invisible Hand as his nickname. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence. Maybe The Hand is going to be the name of that Chinese heel group in NXT, with Xia Li and those lads. 

That’d be messed up given The Hand is a Marvel heel faction with origins in Japan.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

That’d be messed up given The Hand is a Marvel heel faction with origins in Japan.

It would be very WWE for them to look at all that Marvel films/tv have accomplished and decide to rip off Iron Fist. 

(I do realize that the Hand was also prominent on the Daredevil series, which was awesome, but I’m making a joke here.)

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Log said:

It would be very WWE for them to look at all that Marvel films/tv have accomplished and decide to rip off Iron Fist. 

(I do realize that the Hand was also prominent on the Daredevil series, which was awesome, but I’m making a joke here.)

WWE wishes they had Iron Fist’s writing...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Am I the only person who sees “Vince” and The Hand” in the same sentence and thinks (fears) it will be a masturbation gimmick?  I mean, I’m hoping it’s just a ripoff of the Daredevil ninjas, but I won’t be too surprised if it’s a giant hillbilly with one normal hand and one oversized, freakishly strong hand that the dude built up by....um.... “reading” too much.

Edited by Eoae
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Am I the only person who sees “Vince” and The Hand” in the same sentence and thinks (fears) it will be a masturbation gimmick? 

e501a831-b56e-4144-97bc-b8de2643435b-tex

That, or it's this guy. This episode is old enough for Vince to have seen it...

HHX9-WIPi1-Ez-W2xs-Be-Vt-Fykyoh-DQ.gif

Or...it's a rip off of MTV'S The Head.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know why Vince is so against 'Southern' wrestling?

It seems weird when you consider that, arguably, his 3 most loyal stars were all Texans (Austin, Taker and Michaels) who came from those southern territories.

1 minute ago, L_W_P said:

It seems weird when you consider that, arguably, his 3 most loyal stars were all Texans (Austin, Taker and Michaels) who came from those southern territories.

The amateur psychology answer is growing up in a North Carolina trailer park. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

With Taker, he gave him a gimmick that will allow him to mask his thick accent. It would have been hilarious if Taker had to do all those promos with his real speaking voice.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

That feels right. I assume Shou is the old guy playing second in command or the mysterious woman who leads them.

That mysterious woman is going to be Karen Q.

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Vince Watching Daredevil is decades ahead of his normal cultural relevance sliding scale.

Vince recently watched Good Will Hunting for the first time and went for another Ben Affleck movie immediately afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

That mysterious woman is going to be Karen Q.

I'm not disputing that at all but when I think of her I think of comedy and WACKINESS~!  That's going to be a complete 180 from her usual stuff.

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If we're saying Tatanka then we're saying Steamboat too

Man, seeing Ricky Steamboat have those three matches at WrestleMania XXV, the post WrestleMania XXV RAW and Backlash 2009 was amazing. Steamboat is in my top ten wrestlers of all time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Austin, Taker and Michaels are Texans and Texas really isn’t the “South” it’s Texas. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
17 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Didn't he grow up in the south and not meet Vince sr until he was a teenager? Maybe that's where the animosity stems from.

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

As a Texan I'm rather confused by this statement. 

Texas seems like it's own thing compared to the rest of the "South", as a Yankee the places I've been and people I met in Texas were way way different than the Carolina's, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. 

8 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Texas seems like it's own thing compared to the rest of the "South", as a Yankee the places I've been and people I met in Texas were way way different than the Carolina's, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. 

Pretty sure it changes depending on what areas you go to.

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Vince Watching Daredevil is decades ahead of his normal cultural relevance sliding scale.

I like imagining Vince stumbled across a box of Frank MIller comics. Shit is going to get weird once he gets to Sin City.