DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Because I have a memory like an elephant

NEGRO CASAS/DANDY/HECTOR GARZA vs. HIJO DEL SANTO/SCORPIO JR/BESTIA SALVAJE - EMLL 11/96
(POGO PETE)
The grudge match coming off Santito's unthinkable rudo turn the previous week, and the tecnicos are out for his blood. This is the Brawl With It All - ungodly heat (when Santo hits the ring and mockingly blows kisses to the crowd, even the piss-poor Televisa audio mix can't hide the fact that these folks would like nothing better than to see his ass on a platter), insane violence (Santo rips a set of ringside chairs off its moorings so he can level a bloodied Dandy with them) and perhaps the ultimate death-for-your-pleasure highspot (Garza tries a Shooting Star Press to the floor and accidentally invents the German Air Show Senton in the process). Dr. Morales marks out about a half-dozen times, the crowd is at a froth the whole time, Bestia is in tears at the end and Negro LAUGHS IN HIS FACE like a maniac. Unbelievably intense and dramatic. American bookers should be strapped in their chairs and forced to watch this Clockwork Orange-style to see how to book revenge matches.

EDIT: You know, it looks like Icarus falling from the sky. Really. Damn. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EsdEFmxU0AIeXCA?format=jpg&name=medium

Goes without saying but it's beyond stupid WWE breaking up the Hurt Business. One of the few things worth watching in WWE giving every member a much needed direction, a purpose. Stop breaking up tag teams and stables that are worth something, and have something to go for. Dumb fucks.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Its not very Baba-ism but I am fine with these gimmick matches. Current Blast is next.

I mean, 1990's All Japan was killing guys one brain cell at a time with nasty head drops, so...