DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Is that Jody Fleisch in there with Curry Man?

That jogged some memory I had of one of those WWA shows I saw where he hit a similar move on Low Ki (around the 20:50 mark)

Yep. I think it's Curry Man/Super Boy v Fleisch/Shiryu II but it's been a while since I've seen the match.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 10:07 AM, Matt D said:

Pepe Marquez vs Ami Sola part 2:

Just a great exchange here. I love the step over set up right at the start and the foot scissor trip the best but there's a lot to like:

Hide contents

5QBkDv.gif

It's amazing that this move basically disappeared from the face of the earth between the 60s and the Hechicero using it.

91JoKZ.gif

Seeing clips from this decade like this surface surprised me with the stuff they were doing. Growing up on WWF and watching 70s and 80s stuff from that territory, I did expect the work rate to be this fluid 

35 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Seeing clips from this decade like this surface surprised me with the stuff they were doing. Growing up on WWF and watching 70s and 80s stuff from that territory, I did expect the work rate to be this fluid 

It's funny to think what we lost and never even knew we had, you know? We've seen a lot of 50s US stuff that's pretty high end too.

I got a post today from Janos Vadkerti's grandson today. He's a Hungarian wrestler we have only ~12 minutes of before the great Teddy Boy vs Modesto Aledo match from 1960. He had never seen his grandfather wrestle before. Then I got a message from his mother thanking me. So this stuff is rewarding on a lot of levels.

Anyway, more Jacky Corn & Roger Laroche vs Giacomo Guguliemetti & Czierneski. I love the fakeout here:

Qno9jq.gif

I always post when I see something new. This is a reverse head crusher. Not the most dramatic thing ever, but still neat.

XLy8ql.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

May be art of 2 people

It's kind of disturbing that both of them seem to be tugging their jeans down.

Edit: In hindsight, "tugging" was an unfortunate choice of wording. 

Edited by Eoae
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Yep. I think it's Curry Man/Super Boy v Fleisch/Shiryu II but it's been a while since I've seen the match.

Curry Man/Super Boy/CIMA vs Fleisch/Shiryu 2/Minoru Fujita. Our pal Jon Boy was there and said it was one of the best matches he'd ever seen live.

• Like 2

While the meme has jumped the shark some time ago that one is pretty damn good.  There is one where he's on Macho Man's shoulders that was good too.  But I can already feel the side-eye coming from an admin if I post anymore.  So in a "I swear that's it from me" post here's one more good one.

EsT6ho8W8AEL7pk.png?width=665&height=499

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Everyone flexing and/or intimidating. Except Flair. 

bde3d8da41f2a94687d4b69eee81e9c1.jpg 

"These guys all have bigger arms than I do, I'll just stand here quietly in my fancy robe with long sleeves."

• Like 1