DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

45 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Semi related: I remember when Sarge turned heel it really upset me because he was a GI Joe and that should NEVER happen. And my dad told me he was just playing a character on TV, in an effort to cheer me up, and it was the equivalent of finding out there was no Santa to me as a 5-year-old.

Did you throw salt in your old man's eyes to show him what this business is all about?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Happ Hazzard said:

How did GI Joe deal with Sarge turning heel in wrestling? Were they still producing the figures/cartoon/comic in 1990?

Pretty sure since Slaughter came back to WWE with the GI Joe deal over since that's why he left in the first place.  GI Joe took the WWF route...that person never existed...

Just now, sydneybrown said:

Pretty sure since Slaughter came back to WWE with the GI Joe deal over since that's why he left in the first place.  GI Joe took the WWF route...that person never existed...

That's poor business. Hasbro should have at least booked him in a Loser Leaves Town match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I'm sort of shocked Kobashi wouldn't have an orange tabby.

My daughter (a big Harry Potter fan) wants to get two orange cats and name them Fred and George. Maybe I can talk her into just one named Kobashi?

• Like 2

Fell behind again. Ah well. Rob and Jetlag are posting gifs on twitter of the new Peruano vs Araujo match SC covered this week so they have that covered. Meanwhile, more Karl von Kramer & Karl von Chenok vs Gaby Calderon & Luc Straub.

Calderon and Straub were judo guys which made the match a little frustrating because judo guys vs nervehold germans is not super compelling, but you get little escapes where he positions his own foot to set it up like this:

QnomW0.gif

Von Kramer was just a really, really good pro wrestler. Very talented, very capable. I don't always agree with what he does, but his execution and timing were top notch. This is a great little exchange:

ZYAy6w.gif

• Like 2