DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Ricochet is getting shit on Twitter because of this:

I'm more upset that Kacy is seemingly back with Ricochet. Weren't the RUMORZ~! interesting for that breakup awhile back?

Cowboy Jack Bence vs Roger Guettier

This was some sort of kids' day or something. There aren't usually a ton of kids on camera in these French matches, but they were here, and they had loads of paper to throw into the ring. It was pretty surreal:

Bence came off like a Wild West Showman traveling through Europe but I think he was a little bewildered what to do in this situation. This would be sort of wild leglock stuff in normal circumstances, but in the sea of paper it's just bizarre:

Spoiler

k8AmEX.gif

The most amazing thing is when Guettier gets tossed out of the ring and the kids just UNLOAD on him though:

vlPAVr.gif

Weird, weird match.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Hibiki of Wave dishing out lariats. The second one is a real life Rawkishi bump. The flip sell on lariats is very much played out at this point but a naturally occurring one is beautiful.

Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting at WCW Starrcade 1997 with one of the best builds to a match ever while the match itself was the worst payoff ever. I'm still miffed how badly Hollywood Hogan and Eric Bischoff botched it. The beginning of the end for WCW.

Spoiler

EqWQjcHXIAAVKSk?format=jpg&name=medium

EqVsaDKW8AA6R9x?format=jpg&name=900x900

I wish Sting kept that body suit longer, he shortly switched it for a singlet with tights, he's stuck to that look for years.

• Thanks 1

My Twitter friend JRock makes Art of wrestlers. At the end of December, he asked who he should do pictures of, so I said Pretty Proper (Savage Gentleman and Lady Frost). And he not only did it, he went totally B:TAS with it:

Spoiler

• Like 4