DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

From now on - the photo thread and GIF thread will be one thread.

A few guidelines that I ask to be followed. This way when you wonder why come like March I don't allow the threads anymore you will know why.

Please no more than 3 "images" per post. (And honestly 3 is really too many). If you absolutely feel like you have to do more than one thing in a post because the board absolutely needs to see it - please use spoiler tags.

This also doesn't mean you can get around it by just having like 5 posts in a row. I will turn on flood control if I have to.

For the love of God please edit your quote boxes

We do not need to see every tweet made by every wrestler

Just because everyone has been working from home - use spoiler tags for things that can be considered NSFW. 

If the length of a GIF reaches double digit seconds... it isnt really a GIF. For reference what I am talking about - GIPHY doesn't allow more than 15 seconds and recommends no more than 6 seconds in length. 

I am sure there are other things that I will be reminded of by like Jan 2 as they are done instantly

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sometimes it’s more expedient to post a tweet that contains a picture than save it and post it or find the original source and link the url. 

but anything that cuts down on the number of posts and may make help the board move quicker. ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Please label your pictures/GIFs.

not everyone follows your particular niche sub interest (Joshi, indies, old stuff).

Well, that didn't take long.

i'd definitely be on board with this flood control feature, if only to streamline loading threads. seeing one thread where its the same poster replying three to four times in a row, whether to quote themself or to respond to different folks one post by one post, it does feel like using the Edit and Spoiler boxes to limit the  posts and let the board load faster is preferred (imho).

Like i get it, (any random individual)  watched a show and enjoyed it, great for them. do i need to see them post three times in a row, without touching the edit button once, to say 1st post) you enjoyed this part of the show and 2nd post) here's a tweet from someone with a gif or clip of what you just mentioned a moment ago, and then for the third post in  a row quote someone else to say you agree with them about something you both enjoyed?

Or say there's a conversation of the day going, and the same person posts two or three times in a row to address different folks pov's by 1) addressing one guy in one post, 2) quoting a 2nd guy to address them, 3) quoting a 3rd person and then addressing them?

I'm all for discussion please don't get me wrong but lack of spoiler tags for simple picture posts and flooding a thread with multiple posts back to back for me personally can get tiring when i'm on the road, stop somewhere for a bite and pull up my phone only to wait on it to load forever because some poster is flooding a thread with pics of the show that just finished and now look on top of still shots we've got memes and then there's gifs now, and does each and every newly made gif or still shot need its own post?

/whining rant over

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They're doing a YouTube stream from QT's school in a few days, so most of these people are trainees. But I recognise Glacier, QT, Aaron Solow, Preston Vance (he's the guy on the right who resembles Chris Masters) and Alan Angels.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

They're doing a YouTube stream from QT's school in a few days, so most of these people are trainees. But I recognise Glacier, QT, Aaron Solow, Preston Vance (he's the guy on the right who resembles Chris Masters) and Alan Angels.

Wait, Preston Vance is a good-looking guy and they're keeping him under a mask?

Reminds me of the days of Ultimo Hottie

16 minutes ago, caley said:

Wait, Preston Vance is a good-looking guy and they're keeping him under a mask?

Reminds me of the days of Ultimo Hottie

He's too good looking for his current gimmick to work unmasked. That face doesn't join a cult, it starts one.

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, RIPPA said:

I will turn on flood control if I have to.

Please do. ?

I know by February we'll be back to folks posting 10 images in a row within a 50 minute time span instead of editing their posts, so please turn this feature on.

Otsuka counters a clothesline from with a beautiful throw on Funaki:

Spoiler

4bacb696430845faceda4fd6e792e1098f431013

Hoshikawa walkoff punts Otsuka:

Spoiler

b1d814b0912db27a3bc9ad5038e57630611213c1

Edited by Edwin

Ricochet is getting shit on Twitter because of this:

Spoiler

Specifically Marty being there. Although nobody appears to be burying Rich and Su Swann over it.