DVDVR Message Board

JustJay

First Tee-Ball practice yesterday. The first game is today. The Coach was telling everyone that there'd be hotdogs and hamburgers being grilled by the rest of the coaches for the Opening Day celebrations. He also mentioned that if you wanted to bring stuff to add to it, feel free to do so. Then he said the following:

"So yeah, we'll have hotdogs and hamburgers and we'll have, you know, over to the side some stuff for the fathers."

He said this at least three times, about some stuff over on the side for the fathers. So my question is: should I be prepared to be offered prostitutes at my son's first teeball game? Is this standard practice among teeball leagues?

When my youngest finished her soccer season, we all met for frozen yogurt. No whores that I could see. Mind you, tee-ball has always been a haven for drugs and easy women.

Posting this here as well as the "Photos" page. Spoilered for size:

10264075_10152070210706976_7342697373752

The 9th Annual Father-Daughter Dance was held at Parkinson Rec a few Sundays ago; it's the third year my girls and I have been.  I didn't know about it before then; and in fact I think my ex signed me up without my knowing three years ago, because she was insistent I didn't spend enough time with the girls. She was probably right, but since our separation I can't get enough time with them. Funny how that works.

Regardless, each year this is one of the best afternoons of my life.  So much fun: games, face-painting (I have a sweet Warrior tribute I will post later), and dancing. It poured so the outside playground portion got canceled, so the girls and I danced for about two hours straight...I was in agony the next day, but it was totally worth it. I did learn that there are far too many country songs about Dads who love their girls that will make you bawl in public...or maybe that's just me. Could be. 

I worked all morning and had to work all night after the dance, so I was running on fumes come Monday...but this could not be missed. Not sure if there's anything like this in your area, but if there is...DO THIS.

• Like 4

We've had a hard time putting the 12 year old stepson in any activities, since we have to drive 60-90 minutes every other friday night+sunday afternoon to drop him to his dad's (We both drive half way but his dad is many miles away). So we lose weekend activities, basically. He does violin AND his middle school orchestra just won a big competition at Hershey Park BUT I'm excited for what we'll be able to put the 23 month old girl into as she gets older, be it Krav Maga (So she can destroy the boys) or Gymnastics because she's already a little monkey or fencing or what. 

Regardless, each year this is one of the best afternoons of my life.  So much fun: games, face-painting (I have a sweet Warrior tribute I will post later), and dancing. It poured so the outside playground portion got canceled, so the girls and I danced for about two hours straight...I was in agony the next day, but it was totally worth it. I did learn that there are far too many country songs about Dads who love their girls that will make you bawl in public...or maybe that's just me. Could be. 

No - not just you. I don't even have a daughter and I will cry at over half the stuff I hear on the radio

I suspect you're being sarcastic, but I'll put this here anyway, because this got me when I was a kid, and gets me even more so now.

One of the most powerful public information ads you'll ever see.

• Like 2

And the frigging "time for my daughter to have her own car" commercials.

Oh, fuck, I cannot watch one of those without the room getting dusty.   I don't need to give my daughter any more examples to support her theory that I am a retard.

They all look like this kid:

Waldo_blake_ewing.png

TODAY'S PLAY OF THE GAME:

Pirates had the bases loaded. The hitter knocked the piss out of the ball into deep right field, a possible grandslam for sure. The third base runner then proceeded to run across the field from third base into right field to retrieve the ball.

My oldest daughter won Freshman representative in her class elections today. She gave her speech on Friday and some little shit kicker and his cronies came up to her afterwards and basically insulted her and said they hoped she didn't win. She no-sold it to them but it bugged her all weekend. She didn't tell me it did, but she didn't have to. Today she fed them shit sandwiches. Today she crushed her enemies, saw them driven before her, and will hear the celebration of her father.

Fucking hillbillies anyway...

• Like 3

My oldest daughter won Freshman representative in her class elections today. She gave her speech on Friday and some little shit kicker and his cronies came up to her afterwards and basically insulted her and said they hoped she didn't win. She no-sold it to them but it bugged her all weekend. She didn't tell me it did, but she didn't have to. Today she fed them shit sandwiches. Today she crushed her enemies, saw them driven before her, and will hear the celebration of her father.

Fucking hillbillies anyway...

Tis nothing better than drinking the bitter tears of your enemies.  May you daugther's thirst be quenched.

• Like 1

It's funny what kind of songs kids get hooked on. My 5 year old son has an eclectic playlist in the car.

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

Lou Reed - Perfect Day

Katy Perry - Roar

April March - Chick Habit/Laisse Tomber Les Filles

Mashallah - from the Bollywood movie "Ek Tha Tiger"

but by far his favourite tune is the one below. He's been humming it pretty much non stop for the last couple months.

12 weeks away from becoming a first time Dad. Nervous. Excited. Scared. I've never been a baby guy. I'm fine with toddlers and above, but not so much the babies. My fiancee has two other kids (7 and 12), so she's done it before and she will be my saviour, I'm sure. Getting the last ultra-sound tomorrow afternoon. Baby shower this weekend. I'm embarking on something I never thought I'd do. Crazy.

• Like 4