DVDVR Message Board

JustJay

I am all up ins with Foster Parenting because I saw all those movies with them having kids sleeping in drawers and said, "And they pay you?"

Okay no I didn't do that.

I mean I foster parent but I don't keep the kids in a drawer.

It's more of a closet.

No its not.

I have a 15 year old and her baby living in the house for about a year now and its pretty cool having a teenager without having to do the diapers thing because although I work with dogs and pick up stuff all day long, stuff from a baby is like a million times more gross.  She handles her own kid 98% of the time so that's not really an issue.  But man if your teenager is giving you problems imagine if you've had nothing to do with them for 14 years and BLAM now they live with you.  It curdles the toe nails.

Daughter is two and a half. Took her to the Easter Bunny. She freaked out before but things were looking good. She is waving from a distance and acting excited. It is our turn, she walks up, gets within two feet and then starts screaming bloody murder. Got an ok enough pic but she was very unhappy.

Also was shocked how many people brought their dogs to meet the Easter Bunny.

Tickets booked, we are going to see in the night garden live in richmond park on july 4th.

An hour of iggle piggle, upsy daisy, makka pakka, the tombly-boos and the night garden.

Going to surprise C to see Upsy Daisy as well. This is going to be epic.

• Like 1

I don't know how to put pictures on the mobile browser, or else I would put up pictures of my kiddo flying around our front yard in her Supergirl outfit.

Also, can I express surprise at how many cute kids were spawned from you ugly mugs? :-P

I don't know how to put pictures on the mobile browser, or else I would put up pictures of my kiddo flying around our front yard in her Supergirl outfit.

Also, can I express surprise at how many cute kids were spawned from you ugly mugs? :-P

I know I am not an attractive individual - but I'm blessed that my wife is hot, and I've got good genetics.

I have seen the Wiggles LIVE and ridden on Thomas the Steam Engine.

My dad-fu is strong.

I have survived three seasons of The Winx Club, one season of Ever After High, and know most of the characters from Monster High at first glance.  I am hardcore.

My daughter was seven when this was taken.

full.jpg

She is eleven now and I am not terribly convinced that she can overcome the embarassment of having to be in a photo with her old man and actually smile.

• Like 2

I actually was gonna post this.

As far as kids shows go, I hate Caillou with the intensity of 1000 suns.  I'm so glad my kid is getting fed up with it.

• Like 1

As far as kids shows go, I hate Caillou with the intensity of 1000 suns.  I'm so glad my kid is getting fed up with it.

I get that it's an annoying show and that Caillou is whiny and gets on everyone's nerves.  Still, I gotta say, it's a sweet, unaggressive show that doesn't exist solely to push product on a generation of preschoolers and I have no issues with my daughter watching it.  Plus when we go to Montreal I can tell her that Caillou lives there and she might see him if she's vigilant!  

• Like 1

On the flip side, what's the best right now? Ours is 23 months or so, and we go very low on the TV, extremely so, save for what we watch normally, of which she's only into it during end credit music, but that'll change in the near future. 

On the flip side, what's the best right now? Ours is 23 months or so, and we go very low on the TV, extremely so, save for what we watch normally, of which she's only into it during end credit music, but that'll change in the near future.

I find Bubbleguppies to be tolerable enough. Fresh Beat Band and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are also perfectly fine.

Bubble Guppies and Octonauts are pretty good, particularly the latter as it teaches kids about marine life.

Best of all though is probably Little Einsteins. They incorporate a work of art and a piece of classical music into each episode, and I love it when my son recognises a piece by Dvorak because he heard it on the show.

• Like 2

There's nothing like taking your 6 year old to the Art Museum because she wants to go look at paintings and stuff and her being able to pick out stuff because she saw it on Little Einsteins.

Little one is 6 months old on Friday and the main thing she watches on tv besides some shows she picks up that the family watches is the Happy Kids app on Roku. Nothing makes her happier than watching the videos of nursery rhymes over and over again. 

The oldest(8 y.o.) loves all the disney and Nick shows. She can watch them over and over again on Netflix and Hulu.

My three and a half year old nephew has loved Team Umizoomi for awhile now, and his folks and I have enjoyed it. He hates Bubble Guppies which is great cause we can't stand it, either.

He's already grown out of Thomas the Train, and actually doesn't ask for Umi as often. Thanks to his awesome Uncle, he's currently into Batman : Brave and the Bold, Scooby Doo, and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, or as says "Spider-Man and his Cool Friends". And his favorite movie is Coraline. It's not as if he can follow the plots of these shows but he grasps the basics, aka "Batman is fighting the bad guy, Batman helps people", "Coraline is scary", " I love Spider-Man".

• Like 1