DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - Dynamite - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's been almost a week and I can't stop thinking about what an overall pleasant, and seemingly genuinely heartfelt show this was. It's like for one time the wrestling world paused to do A Nice Thing for once, and it was great.

Yeah, man.  I'm sure others have said it but it really made me proud to be a wrestling fan.  Seeing both big companies come together in support of the show was cool to see.  And in particular it made me proud to be a fan of AEW.  I try not to gush about them much especially since they have had some misses.  But it really shows what type of company they have from not only the owner to all that work for them.  So I'm very happy that they're around.

• Like 5

I wonder how many WWE workers watched that show and then took a long hard look at the company they work for with regard to re-signing vs leaving when contracts come due.  AEW just comes off as such a better place to work.  Alvarez made a great point about Tony Khan reacting to Brodie's death the way a normal human being would instead of how a carny raised in the ways of "the business" would react.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

Holy shit, I've been out of it and didn't know what Amanda Huber's post was at least somewhat in response to.  Apparently Bruce Mitchell speculated that the "it's not Covid" piece of the story was a coverup to protect AEW, and that Lee did die of Covid.  When called on it, he apparently doubled down.  Holy fuck, how cynical and awful do you need to be to believe that a widow would help shield her dead husband's employer by hiding the guy's cause of death?  Imagine seeing your fellow humans in that negative of a light to figure that Khan would want such a thing covered up, that everyone in AEW would go along with it, and that his widow would be fine with lying about it, too.

Mitchel has been fired from pwtorch, which is good.

Can we leave the conspiracy theory bullshit in 2020, pretty please?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Holy shit, I've been out of it and didn't know what Amanda Huber's post was at least somewhat in response to.  Apparently Bruce Mitchell speculated that the "it's not Covid" piece of the story was a coverup to protect AEW, and that Lee did die of Covid.  When called on it, he apparently doubled down.  Holy fuck, how cynical and awful do you need to be to believe that a widow would help shield her dead husband's employer by hiding the guy's cause of death?  Imagine seeing your fellow humans in that negative of a light to figure that Khan would want such a thing covered up, that everyone in AEW would go along with it, and that his widow would be fine with lying about it, too.

Mitchel has been fired from pwtorch, which is good.

Can we leave the conspiracy theory bullshit in 2020, pretty please?

Fuck Bruce Mitchell for what he did. Despicable.

• Like 2