DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - Dynamite - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, peterien said:

Well that was pretty special. Jerichos story about Brodie and his dog got to me the most for some reason. 

Some dogs have this sense about them. Our first family dog, Tess was a rescue dog and she had it for those she liked to those she didn't.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I watched it this morning before the rest of the house was up, nothing like getting all worked up at dawn to start the day.

FWIW I re-watched some key moments this morning as well.  Apparently I'm going for the crying eyes look or something.  But I still find it incredibly sweet how much Brodie Jr. (forgive me, I meant to say -1) was so into everything.  When his mask came off for the cane shot I was so happy to see that smile on his face.  And to @Goodearwho hoped it wouldn't be tears the whole show there were definitely some moments that made me laugh and I was into most of the matches.  So it had a nice balance.

36 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

Is it just me or did the Brodie-inspired gear make John Silver look even smaller than he is?

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't know if that gear was just for last night but it's quite a different look compared to what he usually wears.

And @The NaturalI forgot about Mox until just now.  The part that got me was how he said Brodie would say how great fatherhood is and it's well worth doing.  Now you have Moxley gonna be a dad and it really is something I'm sure he thinks about a lot.

And @nateyou just know people were gonna react like that to MJF's tweet.  But that's how it goes.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

Oh god those last ten minutes. In bits

It was nice/weird/sad seeing Bray, E, Becky, Seth et al popping up in the photos, feel bad for those guys being in a different company when this all happened and not being able to just show up to the tribute like Rowan did

What a mad few days it's been, it still doesn't feel real

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I just can't believe it man, even with the best doctors in the world on the case. I just feel so sad.

It's an Owen-level one isn't it? Damn it. It will still be possible to get randomly bummed out about this in 20 years

It's just really hard to get your head around it when the conception you had of him in your head up right up to the point where he died was that he was a guy who was physically dominant, skilled in the ring and, as of 2020, professionally happier than ever. His big AEW run had only just got started. The universe doesn't care, but my brain is like "he's not the kind of guy who can be dead!". It thinks he's still gonna be out there clotheslining heads off and screaming at underlings somehow

• Like 2

I know this show was not about creating new stars or whatever, but I do think its worth noting that last night, with probably lots of new eyeballs on the product, John Silver came across like a guy that could be a really, really over midcard babyface. His hot tag was a highlight of the show, just absolutely killed it.

I'm not a consistent weekly viewer, so this show also gave me my first real look at Lance Archer. Wow. He looked great out there too.

Even though I don't watch weekly, I'm always impressed by MJF and Eddie Kingston, so there's nothing "new" there, but, yeah, talk about two guys who made a strong case for being the best TV performers of 2020 in regards to making their minutes count. Kingston in particular has gone from someone that I think lots of indie fans knew was great to someone who, thanks to the exposure of AEW, is now being widely seen by people like me - who didn't seek out his work - as someone who I would've/should've known about. Like, I'm ashamed I didn't know how fucking great this dude is.

• Like 3

I think this was just a really good episode of television, if it was the first time some one watched the program it probably made a good impression with lots of you blue chip talent on display.

I really enjoyed Chris Jericho on commentary, and he seemed to have good interplay with JR. I've felt that they have three lead commentators on Dynamite so I think Chris and JR could do a really good Bobby and Gorilla team on what ever the second show is  (especially since he is so out of ring shape)and leave Tony and Ex on Dynamite. 

And I wonder of this whole thing turns the Dark Order babyface? Reynolds and Silver are already tweeners with Page. Anna Jay and Tay are always going to be over with a segment of the audience (young guys) cause they are attractive. And Stu 5 and 10 are kinda non factors so them switching wouldn't make to much of a difference. The only one I'm not sure about is Evil Uno

29 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I think this was just a really good episode of television, if it was the first time some one watched the program it probably made a good impression with lots of you blue chip talent on display.

I really enjoyed Chris Jericho on commentary, and he seemed to have good interplay with JR. I've felt that they have three lead commentators on Dynamite so I think Chris and JR could do a really good Bobby and Gorilla team on what ever the second show is  (especially since he is so out of ring shape)and leave Tony and Ex on Dynamite. 

And I wonder of this whole thing turns the Dark Order babyface? Reynolds and Silver are already tweeners with Page. Anna Jay and Tay are always going to be over with a segment of the audience (young guys) cause they are attractive. And Stu 5 and 10 are kinda non factors so them switching wouldn't make to much of a difference. The only one I'm not sure about is Evil Uno

After this show, I don't know how you present the Dark Order as heels. Maybe scale back on the cult stuff and push them more as a group of outcasts that were brought together and taught to believe in themselves by Mr. Brodie when nobody else believed in them.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

After this show, I don't know how you present the Dark Order as heels. Maybe scale back on the cult stuff and push them more as a group of outcasts that were brought together and taught to believe in themselves by Mr. Brodie when nobody else believed in them.

I like this a lot, but I kinda also feel like this is where they were heading with Hangman already anyway, so it's certainly possible it's blended in somehow. 

Thinking about it, maybe it would be cool if they turned the story on it's ear and instead they are the ones who teach Hangman to believe in himself - the way Brodie taught them to believe in themselves. 

• Like 6