DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - Dynamite - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Great show. Schiavone was as fired up for -1 cracking MJF with the cane as he was for anyone who stood up to the nWo back in the day. Video tribute to finish the night was great. Someone should have tipped off Jericho about the "Big Rig" promo from Dr. Baker. ?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Tony Khan bought the rights to Ol’ 55 by Tom Waits so they’ll never dub music over that tribute. That’s really nice.

I'm glad I taped the live Eddie Guerrero RAW Tribute Show as Johnny Cash cover of Hurt was dubbed over in repeats. Think the same happened for 3 Doors Down Here Without You on Smackdown as well. The former definitely occured.

• Like 2

They went out of their way with -1, and rightfully so. The MJF spot was utterly joyful. Silver and Stu Grayson really stood out in the ring tonight, as they often do. Purchasing the rights to the Waits song to preserve this show as is was a classy move. Happy Rowan got a moment here, as they made for a great team. 

Arn and Taz bowing up like either was in condition to do shit was hilarious. 

MJF’s PR gear was a slick touch. 

Good show. I’m happy people got a lot out of it. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'm glad I taped the live Eddie Guerrero RAW Tribute Show as Johnny Cash cover of Hurt was dubbed over in repeats. Think the same happened for 3 Doors Down Here Without You on Smackdown as well. The former definitely occured.

The Cash tribute is still on YouTube. But I’d of course prefer it were in higher quality. 

• Thanks 1

I didn't watch it live, but I followed the write-up and came here.  Today was my 46th birthday and I have some health stuff going on that has me concerned, this has been a shit year so I couldn't take the emotional risk.  But I will watch it later.  But thank you for everyone sharing their own insights.  And thanks to @Nice Guy Eddiefor the chats lately.  In two days, we can try this all over again.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Just now, nate said:

I didn't watch it live, but I followed the write-up and came here.  Today was my 46th birthday and I have some health stuff going on that has me concerned, this has been a shit year so I couldn't take the emotional risk.  But I will watch it later.  But thank you for everyone sharing their own insights.  And thanks to @Nice Guy Eddiefor the chats lately.  In two days, we can try this all over again.

Happy Birthday, @nate to go with the one in the Happy Birthday thread. Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Easily the toughest thing I've watched since the Owen or Eddie tribute shows. A perfect show for what appears to be a nearly perfect man and dad. I hope and pray for nothing but the best for his wife and the kids.

• Like 6

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Sounds like AEW did a fantastic job commemorating Brodie Lee. I hope his wife and kids are well taken care of. Makes me think back to how low I felt after Eddie died.

I want to be careful not to overpraise this. This has been a very rough year. Wrestling can be a very cruel and unforgiving business. We’re all well aware. This year we saw some of the worst the business had to offer with the stories of #SpeakingOut. I’m not saying this was about wrestling redeeming itself for 2020. This doesn’t make up for past mistakes. But tonight was special.

I was greatly moved by a community coming together to honor someone who was truly beloved and respected to give his family a little bit of happiness and something to smile about in their darkest hour.

and it wasn’t just aew, it was others across wrestling. The unity tonight was amazing and moving and special. I’m so grateful we had this opportunity to see this. I wish we had this much unity elsewhere outside of wrestling.

Also Brodie Jr, -1 is a special little kid. I’m not anointing him a future star in the business but he definitely seems to love it and has a natural affinity for it. Heck he might even grow out of it as he gets older and want to do something else but his performance tonight was excellent. 

Tonight was handled the right way.

• Like 10

Incredibly well done show, but damn I hope that I do not have to watch another big memorial show again. Really hope that the wrestling community and the AEW family take care of the Huber family, as Brodie's kindness and generosity has been universally highlighted and he would have first in line to help if this had tragically happened to someone else. 

• Like 2