DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - Dynamite - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Curious to see what kind of number this show pulls.  One the one hand, it doesn't seem to have much appeal unless you're really affected by Brodie's death.  I can imagine casual fans being barely aware that he had died and not really into the idea of a two-hour memorial.  On the other hand, does AEW even have casual fans?

On the other hand, NXT hasn't announced much so I'm guessing it will mostly be the "year-end awards."

I just hope it's not too much you know? Like two hours of tribute might drain everyone emotionally rather than building to one big match with the Dark Order or having the whole roster come out and do the Dark Order claw salute on the stage at once. I don't know.

22 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I just hope it's not too much you know? Like two hours of tribute might drain everyone emotionally rather than building to one big match with the Dark Order or having the whole roster come out and do the Dark Order claw salute on the stage at once. I don't know.

I think there's potential to do a thing or two such as Anna trying again to get Tay to join and Matt's heel tendencies can come into play again.  Then there's Page maybe liking Reynolds/Silver more and realizing he could use them going forward.  But even if not that then while emotionally draining I'm sure they'll want to put on entertaining matches in his honor anyway.  So it could balance out somehow.

And as far as ratings this week doesn't matter one bit.  So I hope that when people go on about numbers they realize that they may have missed the point of the tribute show.  And that's not a snipe at anybody in particular but more of a general statement.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

Brodie’s family is in attendance tonight per Cody’s Instagram. That’s gonna make it even more emotional, for me anyway. 

Fucking hell, man.  I think I need to dive into all kinds of comedy from this point until 8.  This is going to be rough for everybody.  The more I think about it considering my wife lost her mom in October and her uncle last month I may need to see if watching this is a good idea for her.  She's feeling the emotional strain enough as it is and this might be understandably too much for her.

And I do like that WWE wrestlers are hyping up this show as companies they work for aside they know what day it is.  And unless they all get taken down then good on WWE for allowing them to do this.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Fucking hell, man.  I think I need to dive into all kinds of comedy from this point until 8.  This is going to be rough for everybody.  The more I think about it considering my wife lost her mom in October and her uncle last month I may need to see if watching this is a good idea for her.  She's feeling the emotional strain enough as it is and this might be understandably too much for her.

I know I said this tonight would be therapy for Brodie's friends...but I think tonight will also be a therapeutic and emotional night for everyone who has lost and suffered over the past few months. You guys should watch together...I think it will do you both good ????

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Infinit said:

I know I said this tonight would be therapy for Brodie's friends...but I think tonight will also be a therapeutic and emotional night for everyone who has lost and suffered over the past few months. You guys should watch together...I think it will do you both good ????

Turns out she's cool with it but saw why I felt the need so all good here. But it was something that gave me pause until I could ask. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And I do like that WWE wrestlers are hyping up this show as companies they work for aside they know what day it is.  And unless they all get taken down then good on WWE for allowing them to do this.

Sorry for your losses. Virtual hugs xxx.

It's refreshing how wrestling has come together to mourn Brodie Lee and WWE wrestlers talking up tonight's show.

• Like 2

I loved everything about tonight. I cried. I laughed. I learned. I appreciated. And if I can be a little bit better tomorrow than I was today, as Mox said, I will know who to thank.

And that ending... absolutely perfect.

Edited by Peck
  • Like 7