DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

What a strange season. The Giants are one win away from a Division Title (along with a Washington loss), but they're also only one loss away from the number 3 draft pick (admittedly a long shot tho needing wins from the Bengals, Broncos, Texans, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, & Lions). But I have to think that's a first. Entering Week 17 with the ceiling of winning your division & hosting a playoff game and a basement of the third overall pick. I'm not delusional enough to think The Giants are a good team this year. But I am delusional enough to think if they get in they could actually get the win against The Bucs in the wildcard round. They almost beat them once. Plus in NY with possible bad weather to slow the Bucs offense down. And old man Brady will probably have some arthritis going lol.

No matter what happens, it's nice to finally have a meaningful game at the end of the season again.

Random little notes

• In what should be their last game not started by Trevor Lawrence - the Jags are starting Mike Glennon
  • Also from the Jags, RB James Robinson will not play Sunday due to an ankle injury meaning he will fall short of the rookie record for rushing yards for an undrafted FA
  • Thomas Davis announced he is retiring at the end of the year (he really should have done so last year)
  • Dwayne Haskins and his agent have agreed to "mutually" part ways in what really reads as his agent was tired of dealing with his bullshit

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Word on the Twitter streets is that Adam Gase will be fired on January 4.

But he's got the Jets on a winning streak! 

He's just finding his legs.  I think he's earned a new 5 year deal.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

TIL Chad Henne is still in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You're me when he came in during garbage time for KC @ DEN in Week 7. 

Literally the same here. I was like "holy fuck Chad's still playing."

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I assume that Gase and Marrone already have their 'you're fired' letters typed and ready to go Monday morning. Those are the only two I'm 100% confident on, but Lynn is probably at 95%. I think Nagy and Pederson are safe.

For what it’s worth - the Chargers are insisting Lynn will return next year.

Same with Vic Fangio in Denver

Complete AFC playoff scenarios

• Kansas City Chiefs - Clinched AFC West and the AFC's lone first-round bye
  • Buffalo Bills - Clinched AFC East
  • Pittsburgh Steelers - Clinched AFC North

Still to be determined

• Tennessee Titans - Clinch AFC South with win (at HOU) or Indianapolis loss (vs JAX); clinch playoff berth with Baltimore loss (at CIN) or Miami loss (at BUF)
  • Indianapolis Colts - Clinch AFC South with win (vs JAX) and Tennessee loss (at HOU); clinch playoff berth with win (vs JAX) and either Baltimore (at CIN), Cleveland (vs PIT), or Miami (at BUF) loss
  • Baltimore Ravens - Clinch playoff berth with Baltimore win (at CIN) or Cleveland loss (vs PIT) or Indianapolis loss (vs JAX)
  • Cleveland Browns - Clinch playoff berth with Cleveland win (vs PIT) or Indianapolis loss (vs JAX) or Tennessee loss (at HOU) + Miami win (at BUF) + Baltimore win (at CIN)
  • Miami Dolphins - Clinch playoff berth with a win (at BUF) or Baltimore loss (at CIN) or Cleveland loss (vs PIT) or Indianapolis loss (vs JAX)

Complete NFC playoff scenarios

• Green Bay Packers - Clinched NFC North
  • New Orleans Saints - Clinched NFC South
  • Seattle Seahawks - Clinched NFC West
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Clinched playoff berth

Still to be determined

• Green Bay Packers - Clinch first-round bye with win (at CHI) or Seattle loss (at SF)
  • New Orleans Saints - Clinch first-round bye with win (at CAR) + Green Bay loss (at CHI) + Seattle win (at SF)
  • Seattle Seahawks - Clinch first-round bye with win (at SF) + Green Bay loss (at CHI)
  • Washington Football Team - Clinch NFC East with win (vs PHI)
  • Dallas Cowboys - Clinch NFC East with win (at NYG) + Washington loss (vs PHI)
  • New York Giants - Clinch NFC East with win (vs DAL) + Washington loss (vs PHI)
  • Arizona Cardinals - Clinch playoff berth with win (at LAR) or Chicago loss (vs GB)
  • Chicago Bears - Clinch playoff berth with win (vs GB) or Arizona loss (at LAR)
  • Los Angeles Rams - Clinch playoff berth with win (vs ARI) or Chicago loss (vs GB)