DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

On 12/30/2020 at 3:38 PM, Jiji said:

Aleister Black commented on Twitter Brodie asked to borrow a bunch of his shirts so he wouldn't be outdone by Rowan. 

I remember seeing a quote that he was trying to find something he could relate to as he wasn't in to most of the bands that Rowan wore shirts of, so he eventually decided to start wearing the Snapcase shirt as he related to them being from Buffalo and him from Rochester.

Just listened to his full AEW Unrestricted podcast, and what a fucking dude. Just seamlessly blended being a guy you'd love have a few beers and shoot the shit with (And showed personality that made him so beloved away from the screen), while believing in himself as a star. He was a massive addition to AEW and really helped lead the way during the pandemic era. The heel run as leader of the Dark Order still had plenty of legs with it (likely having a fun feud with Hangman in the near term), but also would loved to see him as a badass face down the line.

Edited by Big Z
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Adam Cole? I'm kinda surprised he was at AEW instead of NXT

Those are from last night. AEW New Year's party. Cole would be there as Britt's +1.

Although it does kind of feel like he's more and more likely to jump once his contract expires.

Did you get one Natural? I went for the Dog Collar match one in the end. I know all the proceeds don't go to his family, but I assume they'll get a chunk and I don't mind supporting AEW. But my OCD wanted his last match as the shirt, plus I think it's a slightly cooler design.

6 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Did you get one Natural? I went for the Dog Collar match one in the end. I know all the proceeds don't go to his family, but I assume they'll get a chunk and I don't mind supporting AEW. But my OCD wanted his last match as the shirt, plus I think it's a slightly cooler design.

Actually, all of the proceeds from Brodie's shirts will go to benefit his family:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 9:40 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

@Niners Fan in CT  I'm no doctor, but I'd guess it's one of two things:  An embolism (which as a professional athlete/performer, he'd probably have known about and probably been treating) or, and here's where I'd put my money, a very aggressive cancer.   Frankly the timeline fits.  

I feel awful for his family.  Dude is several years younger than me and gone.  ?   What terrible news. 

I haven't read the entire thread, but it could have been from a Bacteria Infection. Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis