DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

Man, sad to hear.  By all accounts, the locker room loved the guy.  In typical WWE fashion, I felt like they missed the boat on him when randy was infiltrating the wyatt family and he was the one that didn't trust him, there was a really good singles match and you were trying to figure if it was going to lead to a triangular feud, then nothing.

Anyway, here is a formerly known as segment visiting where he started:

I feel like gene Hackman at the end of the posiden adventure.   When have you had enough 2020.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Agreed. Before the first Wyatt Family vs. Shield match at Elimination Chamber 2014, the crowd were actually chanting "This is awesome" as both teams faced off in a stare down. I love that match. Brought that up many times here.

I got back into wrestling in 2012 and this match was very key in building my excitement back. I clearly remember the chant before the match started, before it became a cliche and it was so exciting. 

I also have to recall him on the aew podcast recently talking about his 7 year old sleeping with his championship belt, and how he couldn’t look at the camera because he was driving with his little one in the back. Rest In Peace man. 

• Like 3

Um, I think the last one to hit me this hard was Eddie and this is maybe even harder because the dude is a year older than me, basically close to or the same age as a lot of us old fucks now, and he's fucking gone. I'm so fucking heartbroken and devastated. It's just hard to stop crying over this one. Never met him in real life, seen him plenty of times in the ring, but he was one of my favorites.

This is again a reminder that people can go too fucking fast. Feels worth it to tell you all how much you mean to me even though I haven't met any of you outside of here. Take care and hug someone you love.

• Like 8

It's just after 6am UK time. I can't get back to sleep. Brodie Lee/Luke Harper was one of my favourites so I looked if he was booked to be on the WWE Live house shows I attended. One time he was but was removed due to injury. Lee/Harper had a believable presence to him, the size, THAT far away stare and was athletic in movement, a dropkick and dive through the ropes. It felt like the WWE Championship match between Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton at WrestleMania XXXIII was going to be turned into a triple threat with Luke Harper but sadly didn't come to pass. I enjoyed Brodie Lee in AEW dropping F bombs as the leader of the Dark Order and making fucking paper an offensive weapon. Such a sad and shocking passing. RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper and my thoughts go out to his family and friends mourning xxx.

• Like 1

Just now, Death From Above said:

I also just realized he probably named his AEW character after his kid and I think that's more than enough internet for today.

He was Brodie Lee pre-WWE, so you can rest (somewhat) easy.

I'm pretty bummed out by this. Condolences to those on here who really enjoyed him as one of their favourite performers.

In hindsight looking back at the Cody program, I wonder how much of it was finished far earlier than what it needed to be because of this illness. Sucks. We really have no idea what's going on. As someone who peddled plenty of anti-Cody shade for it, as little idea as anyone.

• Like 2

Seriously, this fucking year needs to fucking end immediately. Just caught the news after going back on the internet one last time for the night after watching the DVD of Revolution, and was feeling great about imaging what it will be like when AEW can have crowds again. And now, one of the key figures to help AEW carry through this awful period is suddenly dead, and not surprisingly was universally loved by the wrestling industry. People in the AEW forum know much I have grown to love The Dark Order, and Brodie becoming The Exalted One and leading the way really established the group on TV (and their true, awesome selves came out on Being The Elite, with Brodie leading the way there also). I really wish that the report of the ankle injury did not turn out to be a cover, and that we were soon going to start building to a Hangman-Brodie Lee match that would have stolen the show at the next Revolution and helped kick start Hangman's push to the title. I'm sure that almost all of us that watch Wednesday will be a mess for most of the night, and cannot even the imagine his family losing him so fucking young.

• Like 7

just saw this on FB, rushed here for verification. i am in shock, i don't even know how to react. 

selfishly, i was excited to see what he had to offer in AEW and i couldn't wait to see what he did next.

empathetically, i feel deeply for his family, friends, co-workers, and anyone else who knew him personally. he's always seemed like an excellent dude and i've never heard anyone say a bad word about him. 

more than anything, i'm just saddened and confused. saying RIP doesn't even begin to express my feelings. 

• Like 3

I first saw Brodie from his Chikara and DGUSA exploits. A dude of his size with his ability just stands out so much. He could have been a much bigger star in WWE than he was.

I can’t say I was a fan of the Dark Order or his run in AEW. But it’s truly tragic to hear of his passing. 41 is way too young. 

And as much as I hate Bray Wyatt the character, the thing about his tribute that got me the most was wishing him and Brodie could do Wyatt Family spots in high school gyms in their 70s. What a sad day for pro wrestling.