DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

Rovert (yeah, I know) said AEW taped a dark segment about a week ago where Kenny Omega lost the title to Brodie's son. He speculated that it was filmed for Brodie to see.

I want to believe that's true and Rovert isn't just making shit up because he's Rovert.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Rovert (yeah, I know) said AEW taped a dark segment about a week ago where Kenny Omega lost the title to Brodie's son. He speculated that it was filmed for Brodie to see.

I want to believe that's true and Rovert isn't just making shit up because he's Rovert.

That anecdote is in the WON article that went up minutes ago so you can safely assume it's true.

• Thanks 2

Yeah no idea how they handle the Dark Order in the future.  I haven't watched in a while so I don't know if Brodie is still considered the leader 

Regardless the whole show will be dedicated to him in some way.  I just hope the WWE doesn't just give him the RIP picture.  It ruins their plans but if anyone should talk it is Bray..  It is clear he was loved by the entire locker room. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Since it's end of the year anyway I would not be opposed to them running a best of/memorial show for Brodie instead of a regular episode of Dynamite

I don't think this sentiment comes from a bad place, not in the slightest, but "the show must go on" is a cast mentality first and foremost. I'm speaking for a dead man I never met beyond the guardrails of the ECW Arena, but Brodie wants his friends to perform. It's going to be as emotional a two hours as anything could be, but I find no small solace in the fact that so many of his friends have the platform of pro wrestling to express their admiration and grief, along with an audience with whom those feelings will resonate. 

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

It's trivial in the scheme of it but I wish he'd had fans in the arena when he debuted in AEW

One of my last memories pre-covid era technically officially starting was finishing up AEW TV at my friend's place & us making our plans to drive down to Rochester from Toronto to see the show where (as rumors had it) Brodie would officially be debuting in his hometown. That would have been an amazing moment for him & his family.

#RIPBrodie

• Like 2