DVDVR Message Board

Is this a "happy holidays" thread? It sure is!

Technico Support

Hey guys, I'm probably signing off after today until January 4, so I just want to say happy holidays to all my e-brothers and sisters here on the DVDVR, even the ones I disagree with on shit like whether the Bucks can work and how Rise of Skywalker is the dirt worst.  Let's all unite in our hate for Cody this holiday season!  ?

Seriously, though, it's been a real shit year.  Here's to a wonderful holiday season for all of you and a much better 2021.  Thanks, guys.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Hey, all.  Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all.  It's been a tough year but with only 7 days 'til NYE we're thankfully in the home stretch.  I also personally wanted to say thanks for all that lent a virtual ear in LoC when things went south the past couple months.  When I didn't know where else to go to with whatever news/thoughts this place was a great one to put it out there.  So thanks for that and Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 11

Slight airing of grievances that leads to some cheer. Sometimes you see people on Twitter or wherever going "DVDVR still exists? Really?" or "I really miss message boards because you could have a much more detailed discussion" like they couldn't just come over and log back in and rejoin the discussion. The issue isn't this place. It's them. This place is basically the same it's always been, probably better because most of us are older and have been around the circles far more times. It's been my home on the internet for at least twenty years, a constant through so many life changes. I know most of you by now. I like most of you and even the ones I don't like are basically like family if they stick around long enough, with the added value that you can ignore them (literally) more easily than some dipshit cousin. Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas, Happy New Year, and all that. It's been a hell of a year and even if we can't give everyone joy, at least we can give them consistency and occasionally combative sanctuary.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 8

Happy Holidays, everyone. Today, I had the geat fortune to get the best gift I might have ever done gotten. My nephew was born in 2010, and he calls me Guncle, since when he was a baby and was learning to talk, he tried to say 'Uncle Johnny" and it came out "Guncle." His first words were Mama, Dada, and Guncle. Here's what they got me.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor

Image may contain: John Hedgepeth, indoor

So I gave him my old sweater.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Happy Holidays, everyone. Today, I had the geat fortune to get the best gift I might have ever done gotten. My nephew was born in 2010, and he calls me Guncle, since when he was a baby and was learning to talk, he tried to say 'Uncle Johnny" and it came out "Guncle." His first words were Mama, Dada, and Guncle. Here's what they got me.

Image may contain: John Hedgepeth, indoor

So I gave him my old sweater.

That is super! My nephew got cold hard cash from us! Saw him briefly today and he was like " that was too much!" He's 10! The kid has grown like 7" this year! I love that guy!

I tried to buy him WWE2k19 on PS4 last year, but apparently that didn't take! Good on him!

Edited by Shartnado
Tried wrestling last year!
  • Like 2