DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/25/20

victor

SmackDown has been the best weekly TV show all year, so it's cool seeing they got a high rating.

Bryan/Jey was great and easily the best match they've had in their series.

Edited by Edwin

Roman/Owens was good. I wish Roman won on his own, but I loved how much of a smug asshole he was as he walked out of the cage with Owens handcuffed.

Women's tag title match was fine, but it did kind of annoy me to see the Riott Squad not involved seeing that they are the only actual team on Smackdown and have been gettign built up for a shot at some point. I understand why though given the show was following a big football game.

What I saw of Jey/Bryan was good and definitely felt liek the best of their matches. Dug that Talking Smack segment with Bryan on the other page. Really glad to see them starting to build towards Bryan/Roman. 

Didn't realize the game went over and I was busy chatting with family so I ended up missing E/Sami on my dvr.

Why was Sahsa on the floor for like 2 minutes after bumping into Carmella's sommelier? Since Bayley was still at ringside she could have slammed Sasha on the floor (which would have made sense as Sasha had just pinned her) - I get that Sasha wasn't supposed to be involved in the finish but laying on the floor for no reason for several minutes is just lame.

Edited by aloniv

This was the first show in awhile where I gave a crap about every match they put on.  Didn't know about the football lead-in (wrestling bubble and all that) but good for them in getting those numbers.  They definitely deserved it.

But I think we might need to keep an eye on Heyman and Big E's segments on Talking Smack.  Last time he was on Paul was a motivational speaker of sorts which led to E being a bit more serious in the title match.  Then when he's back on Heyman was congratulating him but still giving him advice.  I could be out to lunch here but I think there might be seeds being planted for Heyman somehow managing Big E.  Now it could be through E doing a heel turn which I don't think I would like.  Or maybe if there's a falling out with Roman after Mania Heyman ends up being a face manager.  Again I know I might be reading too much into this but whether intentional or not that's what I'm getting out of it.