DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK SIXTEEN

dogwelder

In assorted WFT news:

This Sunday's game between WFT and Carolina has been moved to a 4:05 pm start on CBS.

Dwayne Haskins MAY have been caught partying with strippers after Sunday's loss to Seattle

The Post is saying that WFT settled a sexual misconduct claim against Snyder for $1.6 million.

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

Dwayne Haskins MAY have been caught partying with strippers after Sunday's loss to Seattle

What I expect is if Alex Smith can play this week - Haskins will get punished immediately. If he can't, magically everything will drag out till after Sunday

• Like 1

If true it doesn't bode well for Haskins' run in the NFL. Its not as bad as Manziel and his Vegas escape but still reminds me of it. If I recall some of the issues with Haskins were his maturity and game preparation, since he may be finding a new team soon he should be on his absolute best behavior. Some stars can get away with breaking rules like that, Haskins isn't on that level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Niners are signing Josh Rosen off the Bucs practice squad as their only healthy QB is CJ Beathard

And here's the kicker - the Niners already have Josh Johnson on the practice squad and would have activated him...but Johnson tested positive for COVID

2020 everyone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel for people with drug addictions, but if he is able to (I assume) test clean to get re-instated and then immediately has an issue when he returns to football time after time, maybe football just isn't right for him if it brings out the worse in him due to stress, anxiety, etc.. There are jobs you can have and still smoke weed. Agree with the rule or not (I assume most of us do not), he knows its a rule to play in the NFL... maybe its time to find a new career.

• Like 3

The Lions have had two head coaches this season and they may need a third for Saturday’s game against the Buccaneers.

The team closed their facility on Tuesday after a pair of positive COVID-19 tests and placed practice squad linebacker Anthony Pittman on the COVID-19 reserve list later in the day. The other person who tested positive has not been identified and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports contact tracing has led to questions about which coaches will be available this weekend.

Per the report, interim head coach Darrell Bevell and almost all of their defensive coaches have been identified as close contacts. The contacts are reportedly related to the team’s travel for last Sunday’s game against the Titans and the team is working with the league to determine which of those contacts are high risk.

In addition to that, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that one of the Lions assistants did not have his contact tracing device on at all times and another had people in his office.

That will likely impact the process of determining which coaches will be on hand in Detroit this weekend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/23/lions-determining-who-can-coach-this-weekend-after-covid-19-positives/

• Haha 1

So basically Dwayne Haskins punishment is that he is no longer team captain.

The league and Washington made some sort of scam deal because suddenly it is all WASHINGTON NEEDS A QB TO FINISH THE SEASON!

Denver clearly would like a word

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So basically Dwayne Haskins punishment is that he is no longer team captain.

The league and Washington made some sort of scam deal because suddenly it is all WASHINGTON NEEDS A QB TO FINISH THE SEASON!

Denver clearly would like a word

I could have sworn they had already removed the captaincy from him when they benched him and made McLaurin a captain.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Remember kids - the NFL doesn’t care as much about the Lions than other teams so the game won’t be delayed

The Lions asked for a one day delay, which would have allowed most of their staff to return.  Nope.

• Like 1